Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed, March 22

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Wed, March 22

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:25 am

Good Morning ☀️☀️
Didn't expect to start us out today.
Just want to say a quick Howdy - hard to believe that " hump day" is here again so soon. 😉
I really don't have anything new to say . I just know if I don't say hello first thing, it gets to be noon or after before I get back to read everyone's posts.
I didn't sew at all yesterday. Can't even remember what actually I did ... Oh, yes, I was trying out two new recipes for sugar free cookies and it was noon by the time I finished. Also a neighbor stopped by to visit. One cookie was Choc. Chip. The other was cut out cookies. Both were Great! Will for sure keep these ingredients on hand for future uses.
Carbalose flour, Almond flour, Splenda granules, and Hersey's Zero sugar chips.
Ok, back to coffee ☕☕😃
HUGS, 💕 Vel

FlorenceM

Re: Wed, March 22

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:51 am

Morning Vel and all to follow,
I have substituted Splenda for sugar in some baking, but not the other stuff.
Yesterday Joe had good ortho visit. Shoulder may not need surgery. Just a steroid injection may fix it. That is scheduled for next week.
I was feeling good yesterday, over did it, and coughed all night. Cough syrup doc ordered is out of stock and should be in today. I hope so.
Have a sew great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:05 am

Good morning,

Becca, Happy birthday to you. I know your wonderful family will treat you like a queen for a day today.🫅

We had beautiful weather here at The Ocean yesterday. For March anyway. 54°. We went for a walk That turned into a 4-mile trek through the campground, down a trail to the beach, up the beach and back to camp on the road. About 4 miles. We tuckered out the dog. Sat around an afternoon campfire for a few hours, read, grilled steaks for dinner. Such a nice day. Today will be similar. We are having a very relaxing trip. Today we may drive into Westport, about 8 miles, just to look around.

Katy, I saw the photo of your Sylvia‘s bridal quilt. It is truly a beautiful work of art!

Hello to everyone else!

Mary z

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:10 am

Good morning.

Today should be a slow day. I'm trying to finish a turn dash top that was on the qov site. The blocks were donated from a group and so far it looks very nice. Just need the borders and a good press and then I can turn it over for long-arm.

FLO--hope you start to feel better as the day goes by.
BECCA--how is the move-in going? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Have fun today.
Diane

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:26 am

Becca: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎂🎉
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:30 am

Good morning

Yesterday took a nice walk around the neighborhood something I haven't done in a long time but it felt good.
Today when it warms up a little bit I will go for a walk then come back and see what I can get into.
Mary z sounds like your having a wonderful time .
Velda have a great day.
Flo I hope you feel better soon.
Diane have fun putting your quilt together how is you lr new machine doing.

BECCA HAPPY BIRTHDAY I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY AND THERE IS CAKE INVOLVED.

Well thats all the news here.
Prayers go out to all
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:46 am

Well I dont know what I hit but my whole post went poof.....We had a nice dinner with the kiddos for Liam's birthday,,,He made the golf team and is excited for his favorite sport to begin,,,He loves golf....(besides hockey which by this time of year he is tired of it)
I sat with Sophia and she is another amazing child...She is still teaching herself to speak and write Japanese and progressing very well...Now she wants to learn to cook Japanese food...(I ordered her a japanese cookbook last night) She has a dream to travel to Japan one day and be able to at least be able to speak enough to get around...She doesnt eat meat and very few veggies so this might be that start of something big...we are hopeful,,,,She is feeling really good and looking forward to volleyball season as her hockey season is over too...
I have the bathrooms done and I will run the sweeper and dust the furnture today,,,maybe throw some laundry at Mr Maytag
Ken had a bad Dr appt yesterday His a1c is up and he is not behaving,,,,,So its my fault,,,,( I force feed him the stuff he isnt supposed to eat :twisted: :shock: ) So next week the spring cleaning of the kitchen will include purging out anything that is high carb,,,he needs it down before the surgery that will probably be in May....
Well that is all for me,,,off to the races as my Mom used to say,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCA,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:29 am

Good morning to all cloudy here with chance of rain
Mark took me out for breakfast and Denise wants to take me out for a late lunch Look out waistline lol
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes I am blessed to still have good health

Judi Carbs are hard to avoid At least you have to be mindful all the. Time Sophie must be a driven individual to be so ambitious

Flo Sure hope you get your cough syrup today

Diane I am just waiting to get in Thrre is a 3 month wait at least

Maryz Your walk sounds wonderful Enjoy your relaxing time

Lois Glad you had a nice walk That’s where I go most days because it’s all up & down hills here no flat

Velda Have a great day
Chris Praying for you & Jerry There is never a rush with the medical profession
I found that years ago
Have a happy sewing day to all. Thanks again for your wishes. Becca

patches4

Post by patches4 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:18 am

Good morning all
Happy Birthday Wishes to Becca!
May you have a blessed and Happy day!
Just driving by to say hello to all. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Since February it’s the first time I can say we are in retirement life with not much to do everyday.At first it takes a bit getting used to but busy now with taxes and other computer work. Some time needed on charity quilt tops too. Did two last month really want to get two more done before packing up for Easter dinner.
Don’t know where time is going, I thought I would have more to show for it.
Have to scoot. Blessed day to all, prayers to all in need and my love, hugs and thankfulness to each of you today and always.
Hugs,TinaB
Patches4

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:21 am

Good soggy morning!

Raining and windy. Blowing hard enough that Michael went to check on our trash cans to make sure they didn't blow away into the next county! They're here.

The littles are off to school and I just have Lila. She has her blankie and baby doll. We're good for awhile.

Happy Birthday Becca! Have a wonderful day!

Not much else here. Mostly normal stuff, uglies and sewing.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”