Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 21,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday March 21,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:58 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today we are at 36⁰ and suppose to get to 60⁰ and that will be nice I just might get outside for a few to soke up some of that vitamin D.

Thank you Everyone for those Anniversary wishes we had the scavenger hunt yesterday and came home we didn't do anything else after that I made macaroni salad and relaxed Bill was looking over his truck book and seeing how things work he had a basic work truck without the frills.

Today I don't know what I will do but I'm sure I can find something.

Mary Z I hope your having fun.

I hope you all have a good day .
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Tuesday March 21,2023

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:34 am

Good morning Lois and all our friends.
I bet your husband is enjoying all the new features. My DH finds new little features on our car and says, "if we keep this car another 10 years, I might know all the features " (LOL).
No quilting today, because our church is hosting a preschool screening Tuesday - Friday. Also, on Thursday, one of our church groups elected to meet at one girl's home. She lives on a farm not far out of town. I always love going there. All the animals, flowers, garden, etc all bring back my childhood memories of growing up on a farm. 😉 Of course, no flowers and garden this early in Spring.
First thing today is our grocery trip or as you all call it, "scavenger hunt". I have a big list this week, so I hope I find everything!
Then back here, do daily exercise and back to my sewing 🧵🪡 project (school bags).
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:47 am

Good morning we got piglets 4
Didn’t get chance to sex them yet momma very protective 🐷🐷🐷🐷 will take her some scraps today and distract her hopefully they won’t squeal too much lol 😂

Oh yeah watching cows is my fun
Mr bull is a hoot he is all about sally poor girl is beside herself he won’t go away 😂😂😂

Yes I am feeling much better had my first piano lesson in over 2 months was so nice to be able to sit and play again.

Lil man and I had rough go yesterday he is addicted to tablet so Oma took it away cuz took him hour to read his stories for school. 😳😩

Well looks like I’m back at New Mexico for next school year doing my contract Wednesday.
Not going to do Deleware next year. Focused on lil man school in morning he starts first grade snd more to teach. 💜

Well that’s it for me in balmy Ky at 29 degrees this morning 🤪😂
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 am

Good morning I am on my phone as the house internet is not working again. Fir what we pay a month you’d think it was more reliable. Today is Liam’s 15th birthday. Where has time gone. He starts drivers training and is now looking for an old pick up truck for him and Pa to work on. He is also looking for a job to pay for it LOL. I have one bathroom to clean. And then I will sew a bit. We are taking the birthday boy out to dinner tonight with the family. So no cooking here. A very sad note is we lost our Grand-puppy Scooter yesterday. My oldest son and ddil had him since he was a baby and his brother crossed the rainbow bridge a couple of years ago. They are so very sad. Then my friend texted me she lost her 17 yo Shitzy ( yes that was her name). Yesterday also. So lots of sadness and good byes. Well I need to get at my bathroom. Hope your day goes well. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
PS I just talked to Ken my IT guy He told me how to fix it...seems when I restart my computer in the morning I sometimes have to doing some tweeking,,,,Now I know......xxxooo
Izzy I hear you about the tablet thing,,,it doesnt take long for them to get addicted to the screens...Even River reaches for a phone to watch cartoons.
Vel I was never raised on a farm but we used to visit my Mom.s Aunts farm and I always loved it there,,,especially her cooking on a big wood stove in the kitchen.
Lois Happy belated anniversary....glad you had a nice day...xxxooo

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:37 am

Good morning everyone sunny day but cold start in 20s We May see 60s today
Yesterday we did some shopping Then home I took a shorter walk because of cold
Girls do be careful Spring cleaning One of my BFF fell off ladder dusting top of window and separated her shoulder At her age they won’t do anything about it
So do be careful Stay off ladders
It’s haircut day today Hope you have a wonderful day & staysafe Prayers for all in need. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:45 am

Morning
Saw primary care doc yesterday, lots of fluid behind ears, but she didn't think ear infection. She gave me cough syrup so I can sleep and prednisone to clear ears. If still plugged in 3 days I need to call her.
Today Long day. I see urology for chech up in morning, then Joe sees ortho for shoulder tear after lunch. At least I get lunch out.
Sew for me
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:48 am

Good morning from the coast

Hello to everyone. On my phone so this will be short. Our Internet goes in and out. Arrived early afternoon yesterday. 50°, no rain. That’s good weather for Coast in March. Took a long walk through Campground yesterday. Will walk to Beach today. Started tracing my home sweet home swap patterns and realized I didn’t bring nearly enough fusible. So these projects won’t get as far as I thought they would. Oh well. Guess I will do more walking and reading. It probably is actually a good thing.

Judy, happy birthday to Liam. Since he was just a little guy!

In today’s email from QIAD they have a book of six table runner patterns on sale, no shipping. All different holidays. It’s tempting me except I already have two books of table runner patterns. These would make nice gifts so I’m thinking about it anyway.

Hope your day is full of cotton!

Mary z

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:01 am

Good morning all
Tina just posted a picture of my slyvias bridal quilt which was a sew along on here about 12 years ago.
I do not remember who led the sew along. But I love my quilt. LOL Its going on my bed as soon as I get the walls washed down tomorrow. Yes its back to cleaning before I plant potatoes soon. LOL Still have my bedroom the living room and of course my challenge the sewing room. Windows in living room and shampooing carpeting. next week.
Sorry but I got to move my fanny The tax lady is doing my taxes later this morning.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:45 am

Good morning!

Isn't this the beginning of Spring? No one told Mother Nature that here - it's cold and we got about 2 more inches of frozen Spring in my yard yesterday! One ski resort over across the valley from me has received more than 700 inches of snow so far this season and is closing in on the all time record. They got more last night. Oh well, snow is water and water is good and we need all the water that falls!

Daniel found a property, totally just a piece of land, up around the block from us. It's a little over a acre, which he wants. It has been for sale for ever. It's way over priced and is owned in a trust by family members, so we figure that some one of them won't agree to sell at a reasonable price. Aaron has access to the info in the public records, so that's how we know the what's. So Daniel will do some research and see if they want to build on it. That is if the price is fair.

Sandee's RV is still not ready. A computer motherboard went poof at the dealer, so they are still readying the RV for her.

We will probably run uptown to get the wood for my display shelves Daniel is building for me. I will paint them before he puts them up.

I have a pork roast in the oven to turn into my Cafe Rio salads for our dinner, so that means I can sew most of the day. I was going to do my taxes, but the software won't play nicely with my operating system, so until we find something that will, that ugly of all uglies will wait.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:55 am

Good morning all! It is such a beautiful day here. Supposed to get up in the 50's today and rest of week. I am ready for nice weather. Not much going on just been watching the men's and women's basketball tournaments. My brackets aren't doing that well. Hope to start a new 1000 piece puzzle today. It is a picture of my Michigan Wolverine's stadium during a game. Will really take a while to get it done with all the crowd of people in the seats.

Well, better get going and get everyone fed. Hope you all have a safe and nice day.
Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”