Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 20th 2023

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday March 20th 2023

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:47 am

Good morning it is dark and cold. I have errands to run today,,,New sunglasses are in and I need to pick them up, pick up meat order at market. and repackage that. I think I will make pizza for supper. Need to take the dough out of the freezer. That is all on my list today.....
I have 3 more rows to do on section 2 of the Jane quilt...section 3 and 4 are smaller and then the put together,,,the preprinted borders are probably the hardest part of this quilt as the borders need to match the edges of the quilt precisely...I will probably watch the youtube video again..
I was notified that a package is coming today and I believe it is the OWL patterns...I looked at them on line and they are so cute...I found the bolt of fusible and set it out to encourage me to keep sewing,,,
I need to get a few chores done before I leave...hope you day goes well...prayer and hugs across the miles...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Monday March 20th 2023

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:00 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,
Today is the first day of spring and we are celebrating 47 years married.
Today will be the scavenger hunt so romantic :lol: .
But at the end of the month we are going away to PA to the quilt show so will celebrate it then.
I have already did my last load of clothes and I will make the bed and start getting ready for the store.
Judi enjoy your day.

Well everyone enjoy the day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:30 am

Good Monday morning to all.

JUDI--Finding a bolt of fusible is a great find, the only thing I find is dust bunnies around my sewing room. Is the owl part of a pattern of animals? Don't know if I have seen it. Whenever I'm not sure I always check on the computer for help (don't let me kids know-they'll want me to get a cell phone) Good luck on your borders.

LOIS--Happy 47th Anniversary !!! Celebrating at a quilt show is a dream come true. Is it in Lancaster? Besides the quilts, the Amish make wonderful pies and cakes. My dining room set was made by a Amish company. I saw it at a home show when we lived in PA. 20 years later and still not a scratch and my kids still fight over who will get it when we go.

I'm not to sure what my day will. Always a surprise.
Enjoy your day and hopefully you find something to make you smile.
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:51 am

Good morning everybody
A nice balmy 27° here 🤣🤣
Nothing new here. Just checking in on everyone.

Working on my Eldon quilt blocks
Going to do some long arming on my Taos quilt today
Got caught up on two sew alongs I am doing.

Still awaiting lil piglets due any day now.
Dh got cows moved bull in with our girls waiting to see if he can breed them. He is a mini and they are full grown lol 😂
He’s got to really stretch 🤣🤣🤣🤪

Happy first day spring

Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:55 am

Good morning everyone!
Happy 47th Anniversary Lois and hubby!
Judi, I buy my fusible fleet by the bolt, since I use it for the purse/ bag pattern. I do need to get more of wonder under type fusible, though. I have never purchased that type by the bolt only a one or two yd amount at a time.
I finished all my lap quilts.
I had someone give me a Mexican type stripe blanket to cut up for school bags. I needed to launder it, but it had a weird looking fringe, so I cut it, stitched the raw edges l thought, then washed. OMG! It still raveled terribly! And stains didn't come out.
I took some wide ribbon I had, fused it with hem tape. Since it was stripe design, it covers the stain and looks pretty nice. Better than throwing out good material!
That's it for me, today. Hope you all have a great day! Back to my coffee ☕☕
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:06 am

Good morning to all cold here this AM
It’s supposed to be warmer mid week
Yes it’s Spring but temps still cold
Happy Anniversary Lois Quilt show would be fun I too love Amish food & quilts I too have a dining set they made & it’s beautiful

Judi Happy errands day
Diane I love my dining set too made by Amish
Izzy I got a laugh out of picture you painted for us
Velda You amaze me with your bag & quilt making I used to use lots of throw aways for bears & throws
I too wondered if the pattern showed owls Wehsd one once in Mtns that stayed there close to house for months Im not fond of them

Don’t know what today holds yet Haircut one day Have a great day to all Prsyers for Chris & Jerry & others in need. Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:37 am

Good morning,

Today is my brother, Gene's 89th birthday. He amazes me - the oldest of us 6 "kids". (I am 5th in line). Still trucking in Alaska, sometimes he's the driver and sometimes he's the pilot car for big loads. He also teaches safety classes on man-lifts. He is quick-witted and has a brilliant mind. I've always said I want to be just like him when I grow up.

LOIS - happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

JUDI - way to dangle a carrot to keep you motivated to finish Jane so you can move on to On Wander Lane, aka, OWL. I'm sure you've told me, but how big is Jane going to be? Those laundry sheets came out many years ago and we used them when we traveled. Sounds like they have come a long way since then. I will have to give them another try.

DIANE - you don't have a cell phone?? That must drive your kids crazy! I love mine. It's a camera, a GPS, a mini-computer, An audio book player, I can dictate and send texts and e-mails, and even make an occasional phone call! It lives in my back jeans pocket so I don't lose it and so it's there if I need immediate help for any reason. I know there are many more uses but that's what I use mine for. We finally ditched our landline last week because no one used it but telemarketers and scammers.

IZZY - you sound like you are feeling better = great news!

VELDA - I am the opposite - I buy fusible (Steam-a-Seam, etc) by the bolt and fusible fleece one project at a time. Nice save on the blanket.

BECCA - we have owls that live in our woods. And March seems to be hooting season. They make a lot of different sounds other than just hooting and it drives Scottie crazy! He hates owls!

CHRISS - what blocks are you making for your charity project? My ghost quilt now has a smiling face, you'll be happy to know. And my cat patterns are from a book called Claire's Cats, Vol 1. There are 35 different cat patterns (all applique), about 6x9" in size. I plan to put 16 in my project. I cut background blocks at 10-1/2" and will trim them smaller after all the applique stitching is done. I'm using 30's repro. fabrics.

KATY - lol! And now we know the rest of the story! Sounds like you have a great set-up arranged for both of you. Nice for your kids! My massage therapist is a great guy and looking for a good woman . . . . But you can't have him unless you move here! I need his massages!

LYN - you bet I'm happy I accidentally texted Autumn about my quilt. Cats will be so much easier - and faster! Though I may save my cat quilt for Christmas because I have the Little Ghost quilt for her shower. Or vice-versa. Or maybe she can have both for no good reason!

Yesterday I filled the trailer fridge for camping then gathered up sewing projects. We leave this morning but just for four nights. You may not even know I'm gone! lol! I've got my cat project, my Home Sweet Home swap blocks, and the remaining small tote of scraps all ready to go. Plus my cross-stitch project and a couple books. I'm ready for a rainy campout!

The Warm Company has a 10% coupon on-line (must order today) and since their factory is on the way, we've ordered a bolt of Warm & Natural and we'll pick it up at the factory on our way home. We go through a 40 yd bolt about every 15 months.

There is still a little more than a week to sign up for the Home Sweet Home swap. I know we have a few "thinkers" out there. Hope the thinking is going well! I've tried to give quilters as much leeway as possible - applique, piece, paper piece - anything that constitutes a home for anyone or anything, backgrounds to suit your 'home', 12-1/2" blocks. And two whole months to make them. Swaps are always fun and sometimes a nice break from our usual sewing. We still have room!

Have fun today!

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:11 am

Good morning!

Well, I think this week will be normal, only time will tell! All the kids are in school this week. We deal with 6 different school schedules and no two are the same.

Happy Anniversary Lois! Have a great day, twice, now and the quilt show!

I have a ton of laundry to get done today. Hopefully I can sew as well. We need a run to Costco for milk.

My little furry friend is trying all her tricks to coax me out to her food dish. She's wants her wet food that I give her. It a thing between just us and when she hears me, she comes running!

Stay safe, warm and lots of prayers,
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:34 am

Morning
I know I have been MIA, but I've been sick. I'd like to say I'm doing better, but opposite is true. What was sinus congestion, is now sinus infection plus I think double ear infection. Ears are plugged, they hurt and the tinnitus is driving me nuts. See doc this afternoon, joe is taking me as because of ears I don't trust my equilibrium to drive.
Sew for me.
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:46 am

Good morning, the light has arrived (sun) but it will be coolish. Only into the 50's but at least no rain. Rain returns early tomorrow AM.

Went to Antioch shop yesterday. The Cactus quilt is cut out except for the borders and sashing. I will do that in due time just incase measurements don't agree with my finished product! I also started cutting out my home sweet home blocks. I might need to dig a bit more for additional fabrics. My thought was to make them all the same but may need to switch up fabrics a bit.

Today it is to the base to pick up Dad's meds and then deliver them to the care home. I also have some odds and ends supplies to deliver. I am thinking I need a box for them. Anyone got a spare one?

Flo so sorry to hear you are sick. Please take care of yourself.

Judi which Jane quilt are you doing? That word "precisely" is a bit scary.

Lois Happy Anniversary to you and hubby! Wow, 47 years. That is so special in today's world. Hoping God brings you many more.

Diane "OWL" is On Wander Lane patterns. They are absolutely adorable. I am starting the BOM series through Shabby Fabrics but QIAD has all the patterns.

Izzy I will pray for the bull. Full grown cows and he is just a little guy. Oh I hope they don't pick on him.

Vel you are such a busy little bee. I would have given up on that fabric after it frayed!

Becca my parents and maternal grandmother are all from the PA area. We were raised very much on Amish type foods. Pickled eggs are my favorite! Shoofly pie, oh my. Miss those days.

Maryz have a safe trip. Hope the weather is good for you. 89 and still trucking? Wow yes, he would be somebody to look up to.

Chriss what is happening in your world today? What did you decide about your Medicare job?

Hope everyone is sitting down. I just told Dad the other day that I didn't think there would be any more babies for quite sometime. He just loves babies. Well, got a text from DD yesterday. Seems as though my DGS girlfriend is "with child" and quite far along. She is due late April to early May. Seems as though Lina will have yet another sibling. Good thing is they are getting married the same day DD does. Better late than never I guess. I am hoping the Mom has taken this into consideration when she ordered her dress? DD didn't know.

So that's about my world for today. Need to get going on some uglies. May all your bobbins be full.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”