Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY MARCH 19

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: SUNDAY MARCH 19

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:04 am

Good morning!

At church, early, as per usual for us. Michael needs to check on things with his new calling.

Spent all day up at a funeral. It was nice to see my old, dear friend. We've been friends for nearly 50 years and the trouble we could get into in our younger days! I taught her to quilt many many years ago too. My Ethan was part of the service, accompanying the other grandchildren as they sang a number. He did exceptionally well! And that's not just Grandma's opinion! 9n the way home we chased trains and had a yummy treat a rainbow- it's a slurpee with soft serve vanilla in the center. It's a specialty made at a old drive in up north of us.

After church, I'll sew a bit. My sawtooth stars are reds, blues, pinks, tans, from a fat quarter bundle from Moda. It's a new release of a line and I can't remember the name. But there was a red floral, in the bundle I fell in love with, that will be the border and the back.

Time to be good and pay attention in church,
Hugs,
Jana

Quick note - my new OWL books arrived and I am having fun going through them. One even has squirrels! They are stinkin cute!

Marilynsgrammy

Re: SUNDAY MARCH 19

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:40 am

Good morning my friends. It's going to be a soggy day today. Rain and wind will be the weather of the day.

Yesterday I helped with a talk at the library about quilting. It was poorly attended, but fun. I am seeing how God is working on a plan for me. At this talk a friend handed me a newspaper with an article about how we need friendship and to be around others rather than be a recluse. It's very good advice and I will take it.

Today I will work on my charity quilt blocks and do laundry. My friend gave me some scraps at the library yesterday so I will also go through those. And I have the swap blocks to play with. I want to make one block to see if it's doable.

Katy, I love collage quilts. Have you looked at the ones from Emily Taylor? If you go to her website she has a free pattern that you can collage yourself. She also has many tutorials and a FB page. It's on my someday list. I would love to see your project.

Lois, I bet Bill is loving his new truck. what fun to be him. I'm sort of hogging the laundry room but only have one more load to go then it's all yours.

Valerie, thank you for your kind and uplifting words yesterday. I agree, those stinkin' fairies can really mess up a room while we sleep. Mine is also untidy and will need a few minutes of cleaning before I can work. MSQC has a cactus pattern too. What pattern are you using for your Kansas Troubles fabric.?

Maryz, so another day with nothing to do? ha ha. I want to see which kitty pattern you are using. Funny, I thought about your ghost quilt just a couple of days ago. glad your ghost will soon have a face.

Judi, I had not heard of those washer sheets. We have a recycling center at the dump. We don't have garbage pick up here. We go to the dump about every 4 months and it costs less than $20 each time. They take plastic, cans, cardboard and paper in their recycle bins. And you can recycle aluminum and either take your earnings or donate them to the SPCA. When it's a burn day we pretty much make a burn pile and get rid of a lot of stuff that way. I do have some cleaning I want to get done but Jerry doesn't want to smell anything. Soon the weather will warm up and I can open windows and do a little at a time. Jerry and I also saw Elvis at the theater. I liked it too.

Diane, it's so good to get to volunteer for something you really believe in. You are perfect for QOV, they really benefit from your hard work. You are a blessing to many.

Lyn, I surely hope your house block works and if it doesn't, I hope you pick another house. Yes, I also think gardening is a good fit for Jerry. He has raised beds so doesn't need to be on his knees and it gets him and Moose outside.

Jana, I love watching kids performances. Always a smile maker.

Load one is in the dryer, load two in the washer and load three is waiting it's turn. I need some kind of breakfast and then will get dressed and start my day. I'll be in my room for most of it.

You all have a warm and cozy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”