Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday March 18th 2023

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Saturday March 18th 2023

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:50 am

Good morning Chilly and grey today, Ken is going to the rink this morning for a meeting, I will tidy up the bathrooms. I am working on jane and on section 2, going well. Not much news here,,,Jeff is feeling better and so far no one is sick in the house...fingers crossed....Hockey is done for the year and we have weekends free so hoping to get some stuff done in the house before its time to get out in the yard,,,rain and snow mix today,, Ken may have other ideas but that is my plan. hope your plans work out...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Re: Saturday March 18th 2023

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:19 am

Good morning Judi & all others
Cloudy day here
Yesterday we had a tad of rain They don’t get hard rain like we did in Mtns
We watched some March Madness last night Big upset 16th seed beat No 1 seed

Mary'q We do have 3 sets of twins Gabriel I’d one of the oldest He’s 6 They range in age 6 5 & 4
Judi Glad no others got sick Hope you enjoy your day at Home
Prayers for Chris & Jerry Hope the report was good
Today is cleaning day Don’t know what else is in store for us Have a great day to all. Hugs Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:47 am

Good morning Everyone,

I'm on a five minuet break we are cleaning today.
Yesterday we went to another car lot and Bill found his truck he got a red 2019 Colorado and I can't believe he finally got what he wanted and dosent have to buy all the extras because it had all of what he was looking to do if it was brand new.

Well thats all the news from here.
I hope you all have a great day.
Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:26 am

Good morning everyone. A little chilly and windy on the coast of Texas this morning.

I'm up early to see friends off, they're a couple we got to know up in Missouri at the campground we've stayed the last 2 years when Garry was having treatments. They need to get back a little earlier than planned because he's been called to go on an Honor Flight in April.

Diane, having been a Realtor, I can tell you that more than once I had clients find a problem with a property they were interested in, only to have the more perfect property come along. Heck, that even happened to us last year. I'm forever thankful to God that the first property fell through, cause what we then found and
bought is way better.

Chriss, been sending y'all prayers.

Have to start working on taxes, Yuk. I'm testing a block for MaryZ's swap. Also need to do some shopping online for Maddox 5th birthday coming up soon.

Hope y'all have a fine weekend.
Lyn

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:32 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Section 2! Yay for Jane! Glad it's smooth sailing for you. Are all your diamond blocks made and you are just putting them together or are you making as you go? Glad no one else in Colleen's household is sick.

BECCA - I remembered that you have 3 sets of little twins and I've been trying for days to pull the names for the middle set out of my memory banks. They're in there somewhere, I know! And how is Brodee doing?

LOIS - yay for your new truck! You can name it Little Red, my CB handle for decades but I don't use it any more so I bequeath it to you. Glad you found all you wanted and none of what you don't. And RED!

LYN - I think what you said is so true - present disappointments often turn into tomorrow's blessings! Glad you found the right place for you. Maybe next winter we'll be able to come see it! Glad you are giving my swap serious consideration. I'm listening to some owls hooting outside as I type. I wonder what an owl's home looks like . . . . Can't believe Maddox is 5 yrs old!!

MARY Q - Our mom's were probably dancing a jig together somewhere in heaven. Mom LOVED St. Paddy's day and she and her Aunt Girlie (just her name tells you a lot!) went out in the morning and stayed gone all day long. They would deck the car out with green and white streamers and green paper carnations that Mom had spent days making. We never knew where they went or what they did. lol! And I live with an IT person and he says the same thing - turn off all the electronics occasionally - the modem, the computer, the phone, etc. And it works!

JANA - when the kids were little, I also made a green supper every St. Paddy's Day - pretty much the same menu you had yesterday! Except BBQ pie - and I made the crust of that green. Green tablecloth, green carnations, candles, etc. Even green hankies on the dog! The cat was having none of it!

CHRISS - 💗 We're not fans of corned beef and cabbage here. It's too fatty and so pink it looks way underdone to me, though I know it's not. They say we eat with our eyes first. And my eyes say, "No thanks". lol! Three projects at once?! I couldn't keep them straight. Not to mention, where do you put everything in progress? I'm also a one project at a time gal. It's very rare that I have more than one going.

Yesterday was mostly a kitchen day for me - baking and more baking, then packing food and clothes into the trailer. My flannel backing arrived for Crazy. In TWO pieces!! That didn't make me happy. But I washed it and we had such a nice day - 64* and sunny - that I was able to hang it on the clotheslines and it dried in 3 hours - no wrinkles! I accidentally texted Aut about my ISBS idea for a quilt and, while she thought it was cute, she said she would, at this time, prefer kitties, if I didn't mind. Glad I hadn't started my Sue's yet! And I have a whole book of appliqued cat patterns. So, today, I'm resetting my head to cats - which isn't hard for me. I think I have enough pale blue/green grunge left (background from my North Stars) to use for background for the kitties. If not, then they can all have a different, light background. And I think I'll use my 30's fabrics and make each cat from different fabric and blanket stitch them all in black like they used to do to give a more vintage look. Aut loves vintage. This quilt will go much faster. I wasn't really looking forward to appliqueing all the tiny bits and pieces on those Sues so I'm kind of happy about this turn.

We think our friends are cancelling camping with us. She has been trying for months to get a doctor appt in Seattle and one became available right in the middle of our 4 day trip, and we think he should go with her and not us, so they are still deciding what to do. So we might be on our own, which is nice, too. We leave Monday. Last year, I discovered a really neat LQS near our campground. Yay! But this winter she moved her shop to downtown Olympia, 75 miles back towards home. So rats to that!

Happy Weekend!

mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:39 am

Mary z go on the way home.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:54 am

Good morning. Would you look at that beautiful sunshine? It's just going to be a great day today.

The plan is to help a friend with a quilting class at the local library. Not sure what she wants me to help with but I can follow directions. I'm also goign to a plant sale and going to get some tomato plants and probably some other veggies. It will make Jerry work in his garden playing with dirt. After that it's all about playing in my room.

Got the results from Jerry's pet scan yesterday. The lung cancer has spread to the middle of his lung, the tip of his liver and to his T1 in his spine. They will schedule biopsies, a spine MRI and have a port put in for his upcoming chemo. Until these tests we won't know what kind of cancer he has or how quickly it's spreading. One thing I found interesting is that we were told not to use a heating pad. Jerry had been using one for his back. Apparently the cancer likes the localized heat. He was told that the spine cancer could grow, make the bones break and cause paralysis, or not depending on how soon it was caught. Our next appointment is on the 31st when we will get results of the above tests and form a plan of action.

Judi, so glad Jeff is feeling better. If you find yourself in the mood for bathroom cleaning in a different house I have 2 1/2.

Beca, the youngest twins are already 4 years old. Wow,

Lois, yay for Bill. So glad he found just what he wanted.

Lyn, 5? My Maddox is 5? why do the kids on this forum get older and I don't realize what is going on? How is Garry doing?

Maryz, cats? right up your alley. I think, if Autumn plays her kumquot card, she could belong to the "receive a quilt a month" club. My projects are in piles all over the place.

That's it, gotta shower and get moving.
Psalm 91

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:27 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Saturday! Well, it guess it would be for me if it wasn't "chore day" But on other hand most of the messes that need cleaning up are sewing related so I guess that's not all bad. I think the bathrooms with get a lick and promise today so I can concentrate on sewing messes. Typical Me, I have 3 projects going at the same time!

Judi... Glad to hear Jeff is feeling better. You will have lot of time to sew now that hockey is over! I wonder if you are getting the storm mess that passed through here on Thursday. There's highways in So. Minnesota that they have closed due to blizzard conditions!

Becca...Oh my 3 sets of twins!! Hadlee and Brodee are 4 years old already ! Oh my goodness where has that time gone. How are they doing?

Lyn... Taxes? Oh Yuk.. Do you to file in Colorado and Texas? Isn't it funny how sometimes things just seem to fall into place. I looked and looked for a town house in 2017 and when I gave up...and let it go... Everything turned out better than I could have imagined.

Maryz... Isn't nice to live with a geek! We call my son Shawn "tech support" and I never would have guessed that he would be one to know computers. He's not a great mechanic for cars or stuff, but he can sure fix a computer!

Chriss.... SO very sorry to hear your news... You are in my thoughts constantly. How is Jerry holding up? Is he ready to fight? Two more weeks of waiting? Well that at least gives us time to start rackin' up those prayers.. Or as my brother would "doing some laps on the beads"

Time to get going here too.... Got rows of an old UFO put together yesterday, so the plan is to complete, but the borders and then do a stash dive for some backing. If I get that done, I can send it home with Viv when she comes next week. Got pieces traced for Mary's Home Sweet Home (which by the way you should seriously check out) so might putts with that today too and oh yes the other UFO I found in the garage when I went out looking for something else!

Wishing you all a Super Saturday!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:38 am

CHRISS - so sorry to hear the news, but at least now you know, can chart a course, and get treatment under way. Let's do this!! And you know we're all here for you for anything you need that we can do for you. And I didn't know that about heating pads. Thanks for that info. I think getting Jerry busy in the garden is an excellent idea! With tasty results (unless the squirrels have their way).

LOIS - much as I'd love to stop by the new LQS in downtown Oly, I will have to pass this trip. When you're driving a 1-ton RAM and pulling a 30-foot fifth wheel, you don't just swing in to browse. Bill is a great driver but he hasn't mastered parallel parking that rig yet on tight streets! lol! I miss a lot of quilt shops because of how we travel. :cry:

MARY Q - There's always so much going on at your house! I have this vision of fabric pieces flying everywhere through the air as you are head first, diving into your fabrics! lol!

Now, I'm off to clean up my own sewing room messes so I can make some more!

mz

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:47 am

Mary Z so sorry my bad didn't think about your truck and trailer yes that would sure make it difficult.

Chriss sorry to here that news you and Jerry are always in my prayers.
Lois

Return to “Sew ins”