Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday March 17,2023 St Patty's day

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday March 17,2023 St Patty's day

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:53 am

Good morning Happy Saint Patrick's Day,

Yesterday we never made it out of the house Bill was still looking over trucks he knows what he wants but I think they are hard to come buy so hopefully will go to a few today he wants the chevy Colorado.
I saw that the other 6 patterns are out for on wander lane so hopefully I will order them.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Friday March 17,2023 St Patty's day

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:43 am

Good morning, Lois and all.
Happy St Patrick's Day! 🍀
Nothing special here. We don't celebrate this holiday. It was always another sign of Spring 🌼🌱 for me. Seeing robins, St Patrick's Day , & Easter.
All pointers to Wonderful Spring!!!
I plan to sew as soon as exercise, breakfast, shower, etc.
Have a lucky day!!! 🍀🍀🍀
HUGS, 💕 Vel

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:04 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was a wonderful day. We put in one of those EERO systems a couple years ago. It boosts your internet power. Well, we were not able to print. Well, I disconnected the system. Now I can print. I have a couple quilt patterns I want to make and now I can. Today I am planning on finishing the first memory quilt and then start the second one. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day.
Suzette

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:18 am

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Tonight we are going to Joe and Fran for Guinness Beef Stew with Irish soda bread. YUMMY!!!
Today I have to figure out what pattern I can use --I have a zillion patterns (or close to it) I'm leaning toward Edyta's MAZE. I have the fabrics that I think would work. I have done this one for the Vietnam Veterans Women Day last year. The vet that received it was amazing as they all are.
We have stopped looking for property for the time being. With DS and DSIL being within 15 minutes from us it limits how far in-land we want to go. No more than 1/2 hour and that is hard to fine. Oh well.
I hope everyone has a good day of the "green" I know I will. We were in Ireland in August and loved it so much. I think some of the elves snuck into my luggage. LOL
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:02 am

Top o the mornin to you all Irish and Irish wanna be's. I am not Irish but Ken is a little...He thought he was half ( according to his mom) but ancestry .com says he is mostly french canadian, some irish and scandenavian too. ( a mutt , according to my mom ) Mine says 97% Polish which makes me almost a thoroughbred,,,, But Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all anyway,l
I will be making corned beef and cabbage for my "irishman" and having visited Ireland also I will make soda bread to go with it,
I need to run up to the store for rhutabaga for the feast, and to the post office to mail a package, then might do a bit of sewing,,,,I ordered the other 6 patterns from Art to heart and as soon as i finish Jane I will be doing that quilt....I am excited as looking at the patterns they are so cute...
My bench came yesterday and the O W L patterns have cute pillows that would look cute on my bench,,,I will need to get fabric for curtains in the room too.
Hope you have a great day,,,,celebrate if you want,,,it is friday after all....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:28 am

Good morning to all
I do hope I soon get used to this DST Its not my cup of tea

I get up this AM & Markmade fresh scones
He cooks sometimes for a change

Thank you for your prayers for Gabriel They still haven’t come to a conclusion on where it is located All the scenarios need surgery One would affect his face & they won’t do that They will go again the 28 I think Chris said So more waiting

Maryq Our new little one will make 24 Great Grands The oldest is 13
May you all have a wonderful day
I got an early birthday card yesterday from one of my Friends on here Thank you
Becca

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:28 am

Happy St Patrick's Cloudy Day.........

Well, Maryz made a huge mess in my sewing room. I pulled a lot of fabric looking for what I needed for her swap. Will she be here to put it back later so I have room to cut/sew? :lol:
Today will start with a few errands just 3 then home again to put the fabric away.

Lois......may Bill find the truck of his dreams. It will be fun to have some new patterns to ponder over, what one will you make 1st?

Vel......I'm 1/2 Irish but no Irish things gong on here. Corn beef would be nice, I love the carrots cooked with it. Have a fun sewing day.

Suzette........never heard of EERO. I'm happy you found the problem. It's so irritating when something 'computer' doesn't work. Now if only you could find a perfect piece of land. I'll have to look up your pattern.

Judi........there's nothing like the excitement of starting a new quilt. Enjoy!
I love those bench pillows.

Becca...... I say pick a time & stick to it. It seem so crazy, back & forth, back & forth. MMmmmm hot fresh scones...delish! Will continue Prayers for Gabriel. 24 GGs, how wonderful.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:54 am

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

When Irish Eyes are smilin'
They're usually up to something!

I can say that because I am mostly Irish. :D My grandfather, the oldest of 13 children, came from Galway about 1897 when he was just a wee lad. I expect he even spoke with a bit of a brogue. His name was Eamon, though when he came to America he changed it to Edward. I've been told he had red hair, as did his mother, Bridget, so I'm guessing that's where mine came from.

Yesterday I put my shoulder to it and finished my Crazy quilt top and even got a picture posted. It's the purrfect size for our big bed. We ordered 108" flannel backing and it should be here tomorrow so as soon as we come home from camping, we'll get it on the frame and I'm going to quilt it with a freehand meander. No batting as I want to be able to lift it! It's already pretty heavy. Also, I decided to make a bigger quilt for Kumquat for tummy time on the floor and I decided to give her her first geography lesson. I'm going to make an International Sunbonnet Sue quilt using all the Sue's in her own ancestry. Fortunately, besides Irish, I have roots all over Europe. Add in Antonio's heritage and Aut's dad's and I've got 12 Sue's! With sashing and borders it will be the purrfect size to lay on the floor for tummy time. So I've already started pulling from the scraps I have left. My camping project next week will be to trace all my patterns on fusible, and start cutting and fusing, depending on how much time I spend on it.

I also will be thinking about my Home Sweet Home Swap block. I'm not sure yet what it will be but I'll come up with something. And while I'm mentioning it, I'll do some shameless hawking here - come check out the Home Sweet Home swap! It will be fun, entertaining, colorful, and it's FREE! (Unless you count postage, of course. :roll: ) At least stop by and say hi and check out the "neighborhood". See? Kathy is already having fun!! :lol:

Our temps are soaring to a balmy 62* today so we're going to grill burgers tonite. Our first of the season. Not very Irish, but our salad will be green, at least. And I might make a carrot cake to freeze for camping. I bought a BIG bag of carrots at Costco and it's the tastiest way I can think of to use them up.

Begorrah! But 'tis full bobbins I'll be wishing fer the lot of ye this day!

mary McZ
>^+^<

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:12 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. We should see 60*. Maybe, by the time we get home from Jerry's doctor appointment, we can open some windows. Fingers crossed.

Lois, a Chevy Colorado is the perfect size. Jerry would like a Ford Ranger. I don't know how people manage a bigger truck and they are making them bigger it sees.

Velda, your plan for the day sounds wonderful.

Suzette, glad you are on track. Seems electronics can get out of whack easily.

Diane, the Maze pattern is really cool. It's hard to find the right property or house to move into. If it's meant to be the right property will drop in your lap.

Judi, how is Jeff doing? My great grandfather was half Irish. McElligott was the family name. I would like some corned beef and cabbage but Jerry doesn't like either. So, because of Mr. Picky Butt, I will forgo the meal and instead make egg roll in a bowl. Coleslaw mix and ground beef. I will modify the actual recipe a bit, but the idea is there. https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/lo ... wl-recipe/

Becca, how blessed are you? 24 great grands. My goodness. Hope they figure out what to do with Gabriel. Mmmm, scones.

Kathy, if I lived closer I'd pick up a corned beef and we'd share it. I like it but not enough to have lefovers for a week. Maryz messed up my sewing room too, she wanted a specific piece of fabric and I went looking for it. She's a good one for pulling those kinds of shenanigans.

Maryz, Kathy and I were just talking about you. I love carrot cake but still need to drop a few pounds so won't be having any. Your quilt is going to be perfect for Miss Kumquot.

We leave in about an hour for Jerry's appointment to get his results. While I am wanting to know what is going on I am not anxious so that is good. The results of his test will determine my Medicare counseling future.

When we get home I am wanting to sew. I have three projects on the docket and would like to make headway on them. I'm usually a one at a time girl.

You girls have a super day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:20 am

Ah, top 'o the morning, y'all!

How's that for a mixed metaphor! LOL! We pretend to enjoy Irish today, none in any side of our family. Close as we get is Scottish. But we're having corned beef, green potatoes, green stuff, green beans and Irish soda bread, that I may color green too! The kids are coming over for dinner here and it's fun serving my littles all green food! May even make green pancakes for Ethan this morning.

I saw yesterday as well all the rest of the patterns for OWL were out. Ordered the rest and within a few minutes, got a email that they were shipped! The package should be here most likely tomorrow. Art to Heart is just up the road north of me. If , there was a option to pick them up at her place,, I'd be there,, yesterday! LOL Can't wait! I have tons of her books and made many many things from them. OK, now patience, no SQUIRREL!

Not much here today. More sewing, Ethan will be here, Daniel works from home on Fridays, Kari always works from here, and Michael plays like me! A short milk run to Costco and also get the ugly of all uglies, tax software! I need to get that done and out of my hair!

Happy St Patrick's day!
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”