Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday March 17,2023 St Patty's day

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Friday March 17,2023 St Patty's day

Post by maryq » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:15 am

Good Morning to you All Sweet Lassies!

Top of the mornin' to you all! Tis a fine sunny mornin' here in the frozen tundra of Minnesota! We be freezin' our arse's off a bit however with a temp of 5* above zero.

I just know my mom is doing an Irish Jig in Heaven this morning, and probably having a conversation with St. Patrick himself. She was awful proud of her Irish Heritage with her family coming from County Cork.

Lois.... I've that around here too that good used trucks are hard to find. Maybe used cars too, I wonder if it's because people are hanging on to their cars longer than they use too. Hope he finds what he's looking for.

Velda... Even though I'm 1/4 Irish, I don't actually celebrate today. I don't think I even own a green shirt to wear. And I'm not a huge fan of corner beef and certainly not cooked cabbage! I'd be such a disappointment to my Mom :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suzette... My next door neighbor was an IT person at a clinic system here and she was telling me she used to tell folks to shut down their internet modem about once a week. Mine was acting up the other day and a quick re-boot got it all going again! Their are putting fiber internet around my town and I'm wondering what that would be like.

Diane.... Wasn't Ireland just amazing! I would go back in a heartbeat just to see the green fields and a castle or two, and get some really really good fish and chips with malt vinegar!

Judi.... Did you do one of those Ancestry.com DNA tests? I would love to do one, even tho I pretty much know what I am. I would love for my kids to do one to see what other DNA they have from their Dad's side. There was talk was that DEX's Mom was part Native American.

Becca.... OH my goodness 24 Great Grandchildren... You are surely blessed! But there are two or three sets of twins in there? Will keep Gabriel in prayers.

Kathy.... Did the gremlins get in your sewing room too? They must have traveled to MA after they left my house in the middle of the night.

Maryz... .I'm guessing if you Grandfather came from Irish, he might have spoken a little bit of Gaelic. And I have no doubt that's where the red hair came from! It sure will be interesting to see if Ms. Kumquat comes out with red hair... if she has any! Oh I just can't wait!! Love the International quilt plan you've come up with.

Chriss... All my love and thoughts and prayers are with you this morning.

Jana.... Just remember... what goes in green comes out green! :lol: :lol:

POTD here is cleaning up the messes I made yesterday. Since I have ADD there are a few different projects in process... one on the living room, one on the couch, one on the dining room table. A friend is picking me up later this afternoon to attend the service for an old neighbor of ours that passed away last week. She was only 67 and such a sweet gal. Brain tumor I think I heard.

So before Marybeth gets here I better get in gear and tidy up a bit... Even though she knows me well and that my house is often in disarray!

May God always hold you in the palm of His hand

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:16 am

Morning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:44 am

Maryq All of my siblings did ancestry .com and they all came out with 97% Polish with some Russian in there too, and Eastern European, so I didnt need to do my own....it was pretty obvious that we are what we are!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:02 am

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone. I am Scotch Irish so I always make corn beef and cabbage for today's supper. My great great great grandparents came to America during the Irish Potato Famine in the 1800's. The weather here is very windy today so am glad I don't have to go somewhere today except to go out and get the mail.

Getting ready to check my sheets for the March Madness challenge. I did so-so. Two of the favored ones got beaten last night so that should mess up everyone's brackets for starters. They said on ESPN this morning that there are very few perfect brackets left. Oh well I still enjoy doing them each year.

Well better go get some lunch for us. Have a good and safe Saint Paddy's Day all.
Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”