Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 16th 2023

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Thursday March 16th 2023

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:34 am

Good morning it is dark but I hear we will go well into the 50s today...happy Mud day. We still have snow in the shady areas and Ice on the driveway, on the shady side of the house.
I was up sat 530...my circadian rythmn is still messed up. I have had coffee and working on a second cup. Ken had some knee pain and was up too...When his knee hurts he gets dressed and goes to the rink,,,,He can sit in his office with an ice pack there and get paid to do it and he thinks that is great,,,He does paper work and computer work.
Yesterday we got the trust and wills updated and that was on the bucket list...the bench I ordered will be here today I think so I will get that assembled and placed.
I really want to sew today so I will put spagetti sauce together and head to the sewing machine,,,Ken took the car today and I have no where to go...so maybe I can get some headway on the jane quilt....No word on the next group of patterns for OWL...I check frequently. The focus fabric of the next 6 patterns wont ship till June...
Hope you all have a wonderful day,,,prayers as they are needed,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Re: Thursday March 16th 2023

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:30 am

Good morning Judi and all friends that follow
Yesterday I got my binding sewn on quilt . It only took less than 2 hrs. I started hand stiching down in the afternoon. Also walked Barney and did usual chores. You know cooking and dishes.
Today I should be outside working but need to sweep several floors before spending the afternoon sewing on binding. I really love this quilt. It is for my bedroom and the colors work great.
I was planning on sewing tomorrow but it looks like I will be going to Peoria , Jim was informed yesterday he has a appointment to check his difibulator. I hope the neighbor will go with him. I hate sitting in this office. And Barneys groomer will be here late afternoon. So I need to be back by then. If I do go I will take Barney with me and sit in the car.
Judi Sounds like you have a busy day. Yes our snow is all gone too.The winter here in Illinois has been mild . Will be in the 50's again today. Hope your bench arrives and goes together easily.
Well I need to move my fanny and get me another cuppa.
You all have a creative sewing day
Katy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:07 am

Just a quick good morning! 🌞
More sewing in a little while after coffee and breakfast. We did our walking exercise, so we are headed for a good day around here.
We are in Illinois, so like Katy, we are enjoying a mild winter. But what is ahead for Spring???
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:16 am

Good morning Everyone,

Today we are suppose to be around 50 also .
Yesterday I managed to clean off my cutting table and that's as far as I got but thats ok as long as I started I though about emptying but that went out the window 🪟 :lol:.
Today we are going to a couple of dealerships Bill's pickup gave out after 20 years so he needs a new 1 it's just to pull his boat thats ok because I do like to ride in a truck sometimes.

Well thats all the news from here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:45 am

Good morning,

JUDI - I hope sewing is your day today! I made spaghetti sauce last week and let it simmer in the crockpot for several hours. It was SOOO good! And maybe the best part is getting to smell it through the day. I think tomorrow I'm going to make hamburger buns, using your recipe. A couple nice days are coming our way this weekend and we might grill burgers. Poor Ken. Doing something productive is a great way to distract yourself from pain.

KATY - How far is Peoria from you? Would going there for an appt take all day? Because, you know, Barny has needs, too. 🐕 I hit Freddy's yesterday (our Kroger) and thanks to your tip, I checked out the meat. Got my ground sirloin for about 40% off and stocked up!

MARY Q - got snow? got groceries? Between Costco on Tuesday and Freddy's on Wed, we've got our fridge, freezer, and pantry now full up! We hit grocery stores all over when we travel and I always look for your pasta rings. Never see any. But if I ever do, I'll going to load up and swing through MN!! A chiro is definitely worth a try. Especially if your PCP recommends it! When I finally decided to go the my chiro, I was actually in tears I was hurting so bad. In just one appt, I walked out with a smile on my face. I feel so much better! I go regularly to keep myself in line. And he also has been working on my thumbs/wrists and they are 80% improved! I had some serious "blocks" that he worked lose.

DENISE - nice to see you stop by!

SHERRY - glad your asthma is easing up on you. How are your grandsons doing?

JANA - I so hope Karlie didn't take your cutter. That would be bad. Praying you find it under a pile of fabric and patterns and not in her toy box. When is the funeral for Joseph's dad?

VALERIE - I am excited that you are excited about my swap! Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm still figuring mine out. Thought I think I'll wait and see what others want to do first. Did you get the binding on the wedding quilt yet? When are all your guests arriving?

KATHY - I hope your snow goes away quickly. I love snow, but it's rare here so when it snows, it's special. And I don't have to do any shoveling or driving in it. If I did, my feelings for it might change. And I'm with you on my fabric stash. I have lots more than I'll ever use in my lifetime. And I tried to purge it once and got rid of two small pieces that weren't for quilting. I decided if I can fit it into my room, I'm keeping it! You might have your cleaning girl tackle that fan next time she comes. You don't want to be up on a ladder. But if you DO get up on a ladder, please make sure you have your cell in your pocket - you know - just in case you want to call someone while you're up there . . . .

CHRISS - did you get your hamburger? That is so nice of the Happy Burger place to donate funds to the employee who had damage to her home. I'd go get a burger there, too! So what's the PFTD in your sewing room? Jerry's appt is tomorrow. I'm going along! In spirit if no in person. How are your neighbors? Do you still walk the boys to school? How is baby Theo?

LOIS - what kind of pick-up is your Bill looking for? And what does he have now?

VELDA - like you, we are wondering what spring has in store for us. Last year we had a long, cold, wet spring, but a wonderful summer, not too hot, and warm temps clear into late October. It was a good trade-off.

Yesterday was more grocery shopping after my chiro appt. When I got home, I made burgers and meatloaf for the freezer plus packages of hamburger for other dishes. After that I worked on my crazy quilt. I'm closing in on it! I may have the top all together by end of business tomorrow! But I'm going to need 10 yds of flannel for backing. I'm not going to put batting in it. So I'll be looking for a sale at Joann's soon. We went out to dinner last night with friends, and all of our meals were excellent! I had a blue cheese/bacon burger - and it was VERY good, cooked purrfectly for this 'well done and then some' gal! I'm still coasting on the "yum" this morning! :D

Today, more crazy work in the sewing room. And I'm also gradually packing food and clothes for our camping trip next week. And I'm giving thoughts to my block for the Home Sweet Home swap. I have a couple of ideas rolling around in my head.

Hope you all have full bobbins!

mary z
>^+^<

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:46 am

Good morning to all my friends Sunny here & headed In the 60s Icant wait I did get a walk in yesterday afternoon it was a tad warmer but breezy
Everyone sounds busy but it sounds like it’s warming up for all
Lois Enjoy your day I’m sure you can find a new truck
Vel Have a great day
Judi Nice the ice packs help the knee Never did help mine I’m sure your quilt will be a beauty
Katy Hope the neighbor will go in your place
Maryq I know Zi can’t get in new place before May There’s s 3 month waiting time to be accepted then they have to find a place that has what you I list you want I put particulars on mine so who knows Just great that I have a temporary Home with Denise & Mark

To all others hope you have a happy sewing day & bobbins are filled
I hope to get some mending of pants done Hemming to be exact
Prayers for all in need Our little Gabricomes tomorrow for his consultation at least Chris & Tamara will be anxious
Our little baby is due any day now They tried 12 yrs so they are very excited & we are too Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:27 am

Good morning!

Even with the time change, it's still dark here. Should be a nice day, in between storms. The rain has started the spring runoff and causing some flooding and lots of avalanches. Many canyon roads are closed to dig out from the avalanches.

Found my cutter. Michael had taken it back down to the Batt Cave when we straightened up for the party. It's back up here and in my use again. Also hidden from little gremlin hands!

The funeral is Saturday afternoon. We'll go up to Ogden for it. That's a bit north, making about a 90 minute drive. It will be attend the service and home. Not staying for any thing else. I am hoping to see a old friend of mine, she is good friends with Joseph's mother. The friend and I ran around together in Concord for many years. The friend lives a bit farther north than Ogden, so I don't see her very often.

More star sewing. A few uglies too, it's Thursday, my normal cleaning day. I do that so my weekends are free to play and have a clean house.

Do fun stuff!

Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:30 am

Good morning, quick fly by for me. Gathering my stuff to go to Antioch today. Hoping to get the binding sewn on to front of DD quilt so I can stitch the back by hand at home. Also have another quilt that the binding needs to be made and stitched to quilt. Gotta get me dressed and the car loaded.

DS and DBIL are arriving on the 2nd. Lots cleaned in the sewing room yesterday so DH can move furniture around. Still some to do but will get to it.

I have still done nothing about a dress for the wedding. UHM, I really do not like dresses. It is outside so may look at pants. I guess black sweats probably won't work?

It was really a nice day yesterday weather wise, another one planned for today and then Mother Nature comes back from Vacation. Another atmospheric river coming next week. Light rain expected to start Friday and big storm 21 - 23. We are 42 now but should get to at least 60, maybe a bit more. I did see a Robin the other day so Spring is coming!

Gotta get, may all your bobbins be full!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:54 am

Good Morning All

Another rainy day in paradise! But oh wait, it's going to get worse... According to my weather app, by noon it will turn to snow and then snow aaaaaaalll day. I love the weather app, it might not be 100% accurate all the time, but it sure helps me plan ahead... which is why I got groceries yesterday!

Judi... Nice to have all that legal stuff done. I probably should do the same thing. Last time I did my will was 2001. My folks had a trust and it sure did make things easier when they passed. No probate and all that. You can "deed upon death" now to give a house, so I might do that to my kids... though they might not want a townhouse! :lol: :lol:

Katy.... Is it dried up enough to get out in the garden? How many tomatoes are you going to plant this year? Hope everything turns out ok for Jim!

Velda... You Illinois folks had a nice mild winter? I think that's because it all stayed up here! You should see the pile of snow out window! There's just no place to put it so there's a little mountain at the end of my parking lot.

Lois... I'm sorry, I just had a giggle at you cleaning off your cutting table! I have a nice big cutting table in my sewing room, but I haven't seen the top of it in months! I've kind of given up on using it and now use the big table in my kitchen--- I have one of those big rolling tables from Joann in there. Good thing I never have company for dinner!!

Maryz... Yup, got groceries.. I had a nice list all written up but when I got to Target I realized I left the list at home! When I got home, there were on 2 things on the list that I had forgotten! I almost fainted when she told me the total! Though I did buy a couple non food things. Bleu cheese bacon burger? OH my gosh.. that sounds wonderful!!!! Have you ever mixed bleu cheese and cream cheese together and stuffed in celery stix? One of my Dad's go to snacks!

Becca.... You have another little baby on the way? Oh how fun. How many great grandchildren do you have now?

Jana....Don't tell me you have only one cutter? But oh yes, keep it well hidden from inquiring little minds-and hands! We certainly don't want a little to end up needing stitches!

Valerie.. Oh my .. I so hear you about dresses. When Kevin got married in 2007 and Jen got married in 2010 I luckily found perfect pant suits. The thought of putting on panty hose throws me into a tither. I bet if you wore a long tunic top, nobody would notice the sweatpants underneath!

Laundry is started this morning, but I'm still in Jammies and think I better go get dressed and get something accomplished today. Didn't do much yesterday, but the time I got home from groceries the day was pretty much done. Think I'll get the borders on a UFO today. I dug out another UFO in box from the closet and might get that laid out too. We'll see how the day goes. IT's pretty gloomy here, so it might be a 2-pot kind of day!

Prayers all around...

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:07 am

Good morning. It's going to be a great day today. We are supposed to get into the 50's and be dry. I like dry.

I've been searching for a house to make for Mary's swap. not sure if it will be applique or pieced. decisions, decisions.

Judi, I had to google circadian rhythm. Sorry that you are out of whack. I can almost smell that spaghetti sauce cooking, I'll meet you in the sewing room later on today.

Katy, I'd like to see that quilt, if you need help posting a picture of it you can email me a picture, chrmoo at hotmail dot com. So nice to be at the binding stage. Hope you can stay home and play

Velda, enjoy your day.

Lois, Jerry has a clunker old stick shift noisy truck. We only use it to take the trash to the dump every few months. Someday it will die and need replacing. Hope you find the perfect truck for the perfect price.

Maryz, I will likely go to Costco today for a hamburger run. We also make patties and package it in sizes we will use. We do the same with chicken. For some reason we really don't eat much pork, not sure why. I did go get my burger yesterday. Happy Burger is in Mariposa and they aren't a chain. I had a lettuce wrapped Guac, bacon ortega chili cheese burger with jalapeno sauce and instead of fries I had a side salad. I bought my friend a rootbeer float and my bill came to $26, I put the $4 change in the donation jar. My friend made a $10 donation. The gal cleaning tables told us thank you because it was her family who had the damage. I hope that they are able to make the repairs needed. I don't know if they had insurance but after the fires here I was amazed at the number of people who didn't have insurance. I don't see much of the boys anymore. Their mom is home with them and Theo has what I am told is, lots of doctor appointments. I haven't even seen him yet, I don't want to intrude and I have stuff of my own. Thanks for coming with us tomorrow, we leave at about 8am.

Becca, I will say another prayer for Gabriel and his parents. Hope that the baby that is due arrives healthy and his or her mom does well 12 years is a very long wait, glad the time is here for them. I'm curious, what are the particulars you listed for your new home? I would want a patio for being outside and a ground floor place.

Jana, I have ancestors in Ogden. Hope your Saturday drive is uneventful and the weather is on your side.

Valerie, I bet, if you took a pair of black sweats and turned them into a long skirt you could maybe get away with it. I'm with you, I am not a dress wearer. I don't own a dress or a skirt. Lately the Robins have lived in my yard. Yesterday I counted 14 having breakfast in my yard. We used to have one who lived here. Guess she spread the word about the delicacies found in our ground. Enjoy Antioch.

Maryq, Ugh, snow. I'm glad you got the grocery shopping done. I also have one of those rolling cutting tables. Jerry got me a wool ironing mat that is as long and half as wide as that table. I cut on one half and iron on the other, it's perfect. I'll be in the sewing room this afternoon too. I now have three projects going which is two more than usual.

I still need to clean the rooms with sinks. Laundry, bathrooms and kitchen. that will be a next week job.

If I don't get dressed, I can't go grocery shopping. And if I don't go grocery shopping today I will have to go tomorrow after Jerry's appointment. If I knew the outcome of that appointment it would make my decision easier. I will go today and tomorrow will be all about him.

You girls have a fabulous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”