Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wed March 15

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wed March 15

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:31 am

Good late morning y'all!

Got the thundering herd fed and off to school. Well, part of them, Lila and Karlie are off playing together somewhere here in the house. I hear noise every once in awhile, that's a good th8ng!

My favorite olfa cutter is missing and that's a worry as Karlie likes to take things and this thing is dangerous. So I'm on the hunt for it. Otherwise I am still working on my stars, they are nearly done and ready to be set together as a top.

Lots of rain has been falling and the snow line has moved way up the mountains. All the snow in my yard has disappeared and I have lots of mud, left from when we put in the new cement. That mud is being hauled across the street to Sandee's for fill in her raised garden boxes.

Do fun stuff!
Hugs,
Jana

WeSignificant

Re: Wed March 15

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:27 am

Good morning all,

Vel yes the price of batting especially at the LQS has gone up. I just paid $17.99 a yard. Whew! If I hadn't been in a hurry I would have shopped around but really needed to just get on with it.

Judi I was up with you. Fell asleep about 8 pm and then awake at 11. I piddled around the house a bit. Kept going back to bed trying to sleep but to no avail. Got up at 4 and did a bit of charting. Finally slept about 1.5 hours later in the morning. I need to due the fan in the dining room but need to clear off the table so I can stand on it.

Lois I decided today was a good day to go through my sewing room. Now that I have a huge mess, I am not so sure it was such a good idea! Slowly but surely it will get there.

Becca wish I could help in some way. Dealing with utility companies can be a real you now what.

Maryz I am excited about your swap. I have a pattern picked out and printed. Just need to pick out fabric. Well first I have to put the sewing room back in order so I can get to the machine!

Denise good to see you. I don't get here everyday either but do the best I can.

Chriss I think our rain is done for a couple of days. Sun shining bright, only 44 but it will warm up. We have no Happy Burger here. Sounds like a great place.

Maryq it seems as if most of the country is under a winter storm warning. Be safe. Julius Caeser? I must have slept through that class. LOL, I am not a history buff at all!

Sherry we don't watch basketball here. We hardly watch any sports anymore. Not sure why.

Jana I am missing a rotary cutter also. Maybe they are off having a good time somewhere. Hope Karlie doesn't have it. Yes, that would not be good.

Well, we were supposed to have a "Town Hall Meeting" online for work today. I signed in, waited for the presenter who came on. Said what she had to say in under 3 minutes. End of meeting. Maybe I am miss informed about what a "Town Hall Meeting" is. I thought there would be a Q/A session? Something is happening in upper management as the CEO is leaving. A mutually agreed upon separation?

Two more lotto blocks to make and then I can move on to something else. But as I said, gotta go make some progress in the sewing room before I can do anything.

Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”