Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, March 14

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, March 14

Post by suzette58 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:16 am

Good morning everyone,
Yes, we know the sex of the babies. Our oldest grand daughter and her husband are having twins. A boy and a girl. Her sister is having a girl. I am not making quilts for them. I am in the middle of making those memory quilts, and finishing a quilt for my friend, and a graduation quilt. All of these were started before we found out about the babies. I thought I would make them quilts for their 1st birthdays. Today I have an eye dr appointment so I donโ€™t know if I will sew because of having my eyes dilated. We shall see. I think I am going to lay down for a little while. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, March 14

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:19 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,

Well it's still raining out and I think will be around till tomorrow I'm not complaining it could be snow.

Suzette Bill and I went to the eye doctor lastweek I hate when they dialete my eyes it didn't wear off for 6 hrs.

I don't know what I will do today well it's time for a cup of coffee I will come back later.

Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:00 am

Good morning Lois,
It is very annoying to not be able to do stuff because of not being able to see well enough. I took a nap and woke up it was snowing. The funny thing is the kids here are on Spring break. It is kind of ironic. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:50 am

Good morning Suzette and Lois. You are both early birds! When I had my eye appointment. The office has a new machine where they take pictures inside your eye without dilation. Insurance doesn't cover, but they charge 34 or 39 extra, so I said yes. Didn't have to have a driver either. Sometimes, they still need dilation anyway, but my eyes looked good inside so I didn't have to get that this time.
I have been busy tying the lap quilts. I have 2 more to finish today.
This is grocery day and quilting at church. I think we are going to cut batting. We order it with the funds budgeted and it comes on a huge heavy roll. I think the girls said it was 69" wide, so we just have to measure 80" and cut.
Better get my coffee โ˜•โ˜• and get my day started. Happy ๐Ÿ˜Š Day for everyone!
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:23 am

Good morning,,,I have an eye dr appt today also....I had my eye surgeon appt last week but he doesnt check for glasses, Thank God they dont have to dialate my eyes for that, Ken is going with me since he has a surgeons appt after my eyes for his other knee.....Will see if they can hold off till June with the next surgery. we also have to call for cardiology appts...which are due...once a year, Ill tell you growing old sure does keep you busy,,
I havent been able to get to sleep very well this week,,,my circadian rythmn is still on the regular time I wake at
730 now instead of between 6-630 my usual time and it seems like my day goes by a lot quicker,,, I still try to find time to do a little sewing each day,
My daughter just texted me this morning that Jeff DSIL has Covid...hoping they dont all get it again....poor guy seems to get it bad the last time he got it. We were around him over the weekend so fingers crossed....I was hoping that covid would go away but it rears its ugly head again and again,,,,
I need coffee and and get myself together,,,we will have lunch out today with all the appts and a stop for a scavenger hunt too. Have a good day all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:07 am

Good Morning Quilt Buddies

Yesterday I saw my chiro ,he is definetly helping. This dude is something else. He has decided to become a bee keeper. And when he does something he jumps in with both feet. He spent the weekend painting and assembling the bee hives. He cooks ,cans ,and gardens. And ladies he is not married. LOL
Today is guild meeting . They have started serving snacks . well I call it lunch since they bring enough food for a small army and we only have 22 members. Next month is my turn. Any ideas for finger foods would be appreciated.
I am going to make potato salad for lunch. I watched a video where they chop up the potatoes before they cook them. Takes less time. We will have a steak to go with the potato salad . These have been in freezer long enough,
Tomorrow going to bind my quilt I picked up Friday. I have binding and quilt ready.
Judi Hope you dont get covid and prayers for your SIL . This stuff just keeps on giving in a bad way.
Velda Have fun at grocery store. Since I stocked up its kind of fun just buying bargains and the necessities.
This week they have a big sale on meat but my freezer is full. Darn. LOL
Suzette great news . Three babies.
Lois I have never had my eyes dilated. I guess I am missing out.
UPDATE my niece is doing good. Thank all of you for prayers . We wont know for awhile if anything was affected by the surgery. She is one tough 14 year old. Will keep you updated.
Well its time this girl got into kitchen and for another cup of Java.
You all have a creative sewing day
Katy

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:11 am

Good morning, and Happy Tuesday!

Surprise, the quilter has DD quilt ready already. I will see two patients this AM and then go pick it up. I have two matching pillow cases and the binding is ready. 2 lotto blocks done and 5 more in various degrees of completeness. Trying to decide on April block.

It is currently raining and should rain up till about ten. After that the wind kicks in. Then 2 days of dry weather. The weather man last night said we could continue with storms through March. But also that we are not out of the drought yet. My, My.

Saw Dad yesterday and brought him some snacks. He was a bit teary eyed and talked about missing my Mom. He doesn't realize how much time has passed since she passed away. It's 18 years this year. Sometimes his sense of time is not a problem but other times, her death is very recent to him. So we fixed it with a couple of cookies. I let him know my DS was coming to visit so that perked him up too.

Not too much else new here. Think I will go try to finish the lotto blocks while I wait for the end of my night shift so I can start my day shift.

Have a great day everyone!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:25 am

Good morning!

Things are just hanging fire, as my mom would say. Sarah and Joseph spent the night at his parents home last night, so his mom wouldn't be alone. Today the family will meet with the funeral director and get all that done. Ethan spent the night over at Matt's house and will be back to us today. So I will keep him busy and as normal as usual with us.

My auxiliary sewing area is back up and running. So I will do more sewing today.

It's been raining off and on here most of the night. They proverbial they say, about a inch will fall on my house. It might even be a rain/snow mix.

Stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:20 am

Good morning,

First, I want to let everyone know that I posted a new Swap last night! It's called Home Sweet Home and I can't wait to see how many different kinds of homes we can come up with. Your house? God's house? Your neighbor's house? Your dog or cat's home? Birds? A Tee Pee? Igloo? Quilter's imagination! Check out the particulars in the Swap section. Sign-ups until March 28th and then you have two full months to make your blocks. Blocks need to be back to me by June 1st.

SUZETTE - Three babies! And moms are sisters? Such fun! do they live close together? I wouldn't be able to wait to start baby quilts. Do you know yet what you want to make?

JUDI - so sorry to hear Jeff has Covid - again. I hope the rest of the family doesn't get it. Bill's first time around was a hard case, but this past winter it was more like a cold. I think it was a weaker variant, plus we both had two boosters between.

JANA - so sorry to hear of a death in Sarah's family. I'm glad they are there for her MIL. Prayers for Joseph.

VAL - Yay! The wedding quilt is back! You really pulled this one off! What day is the wedding? I think all I've read is "April". I feel for Dad. Even after decades, there are still tearful days now and then. Perhaps he caught a whiff of your mom's perfume or met a new person that looked like her. Or heard a song that brought back memories. Tell him we all say hi! I guess I miss him!

KATY - I'm so glad to hear your niece is holding her own. I would be a bowl of jelly if I had to go through what she's gone through. My nephew has also been through the same thing. He has residual trouble with double vision and sometimes has to cover one eye with a patch. Where is the meat sale? If it's a chain we have, it might be here, too, and our freezer is empty!

VELDA - happy batting cutting! We order our batting in 40-foot bolts (90" wide) from the Warm company and pick it up at the factory. It's really gone up in price the past two years.

LOIS - A free rainy day! Maybe it's a day to just sit with a quilt, a cuppa, and a book.

LYN - I'll vote for longer happy hours! God wants us to be happy, right? Minnie is no dummy. She's looking forward to spring weather, too.

CHRISS - glad your kids are doing OK with the rain. I heard that you are still considered to be in a drought. Tell that to the folks who's homes are buried in snow or washed down the river. Someone in Cali really has ticked off Mother Nature! Thanks for the prayer circle. I'll be there in spirit even if I don't appear in type. Most of my clothes come from Goodwill, too. I'm a jeans and tee shirt person, almost exclusively. If I want to fancy up, I top my outfit with a plaid flannel shirt. I can hardly bring myself to shop at the Mall when I can get two full bags of things at a thrift shop for what one outfit costs at Macy's. Then when I spill on myself, I don't feel so bad.

MARY Q - you didn't lose your hour of sleep - you just slept an hour later. It always takes me about a week with time changes. And I've been through 5 changes between last Nov and last Sat. lol! If your back is "out" but feels a bit better in a few days, it probably isn't miraculously back "in", but your body has "adjusted its sails". Yay for getting another UFO done! Is there a UFO contest this year? Maybe you can win!

Yesterday was a nice day. The rain let up and my two friends and I had a great Mexican lunch and got caught up. We hadn't seen each other since last October. They are 85 and 93. Needless to say, I'm the driver! lol! I also made some great progress on Crazy. I'm 3/4 there! I'll work some more on that, do a few uglies around the house, and start thinking about what to pack for our 4 night camping trip to the coast Mar 20-24.

I talked with Autumn yesterday. She has 3-1/2 weeks to go and Kumquat is firmly in the breech position. She may turn, but more likely won't. So we might be looking at a C-section on or around April 7th. Pop and I are getting excited!!

Well, I need to get another cup of coffee, don my sweats, and meet my walking neighbor, Lori. May your day be full of cotton!

mary z
>^+^<

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:54 am

Maryz Krogers . They have chicken legs thighs and wings Buy 1 pk get 2 free. Also steak on sale for 6.99 a pd. pork lion roast 1.49 a pd. They have some good buys this week strawberries rasberries and blackberries 1.29 a pk. I do two stores Krogers and Aldis.
Katy

Return to โ€œSew insโ€