Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, March 14

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Tuesday, March 14

Post by maryq » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:14 am

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday.... What do you bet this week will just fly on by too!!!

Suzette.... I think that's a great idea... waiting until the babies are a little older to make them quilts. Newborns get a lot of blankets for shower gifts etc and a quilt from G G (great gramma) will be even more special when it's something they know they can snuggle with!

Lois... Dilation is a pain, isn't it? But when my Dr does it and she can see way back into my eyes and can tell there is no cancer or no diabetes in there I'm quite happy! I am lucky tho, as my eye Dr is only about 3 blocks from my house. So even dilated I'm good to drive home! I'm with you, I'd gladly take the rain. We have more snow on the way this week!

Velda.... Do you guys use polyester batting? Or buy the nice cotton/poly stuff? KC gave me like 3 huge bags of poly batting and I know I won't use it.. Too bad it would be too much to mail to you! I think I know somebody who can use it up here.

Judi... Sorry to hear that Covid has hit again!!! Just when we thought we could relax a little! Have you noticed too that the older we get the more Drs we have to see. Primary, eye dr, dentist, cardiologist, chiro, surgeons, rheumatologists, allergists, ENTs

Katy... OH dear a single, hot chiro, that cooks and cans! I'm guessing he's on the inside of 50 years old? Too young for me! The Dr I saw yesterday suggested a chiro for me as she thinks I have a rib out of place.... but Illinois is too far to travel though! :-)

Valerie... Yeah for your quilt being done so fast!! All this rain should certainly help the drought, tho if I remember what my dad told me, the water has to go way down deep. Love your purple lotto block! I too am looking forward to April!

Jana.... Prayers again for Sarah and Joseph and their family. May God grant Dad with eternal rest and peace.

Maryz... It's not really my back... like not my spine area that goes out... it's muscle spasms . Dr days I'm wearing the wrong bra... she suggested some that are $64 EACH! That's not going to happen! I'll be right there with you counting the days until little Kumquat arrives! SO excited for you!!! I might do some scrap diving for Home Sweet Home Swap blocks today!

Time for more coffee of course, then a little shine up around here and then I'll head to sewing room and see what kind of trouble I can get into in there.

Smile.... it makes people wonder what you are up to!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:32 am

Good morning. It's going to be a soggy day today and we should see steady rain throughout the day. Moose and I will adjust our walking to try to miss the rain drops.

So my question is. What are your favorite websites for free quilt block or quilt patterns? I like All People Quilt and Bearcreek Quilting Company and like the tutorials on MSQC

Got some sewing done yesterday, I finally have a definite plan for my black, white and yellow charity quilt. It's about half cut and should go together fairly easily. It's half square triangles.

Lois, I agree about the weather. Anything that isn't snow is good. I wish this wet stuff would quit so I could complain about the hot weather. I need a change.

Suzette, it is crazy spring break weather. Here the schools are either called off or they are having two hour start delays because of the weather. While it's only raining here other places in our county have feet of snow and closed roads. If one bus doesn't run because of roads and weather they all don't run.

Velda, If you would stop by and get my grocery list I would appreciate it. I don't need much.

Judi, Covid is still out there and I hope Jeff gets over it quickly. I'm all vaccinated up and feel safeish. I think it's just here to stay, I will surely get another vax if offered. Hope the eyes, hearts and knees all get fixed in your house and that you both are back to normal soon.

Katy, potato salad sounds really good. I haven't made it in a very long time. I boil unpeeled potatoes and peel them afterwards then add a lot of boiled eggs, celery and red onion mixed with Best Foods mayo. My finger food goto's are deviled eggs and tortilla roll up things (flour tortilla, spread cream cheese, layer turkey lunchmeat, cheese, spinach and red onion, roll tight and slice) Glad your niece is out of surgery, and I pray she does well.

Valerie, nice that you were able to perk up dad. It must be difficult to go rehash stuff over and over. We are getting a lot of rain, I am so thankful that I live on a hill and at an elevation that rarely gets snow (1325 feet) As for the April lotto block, I am not going to be very helpful. There are so many choices out there. I'd like to do something simple like an Ohio Star or Jacobs Ladder all scrappy of course. Or maybe quilters choice, each block sent in being different and using different fabric.

Jana, hoping all is back to normal for your family soon. crazy how things can upset the apple cart so quickly.

Maryz, nice to see you are very close to crazy without completely getting there. Hope your coast isn't as flooded as some of our coast is. Our county is no longer in a drought but much of Cali is. I'm so ready for Kumquat to be born. I'm ready to be an aunt. What will she call you? Granny, nana, Maryz?

Maryq, I'm also looking for a house for the swap that Maryz built, so many choices. So far there are 5 signed up. Odd that the right bra can help with muscle spasms. Marilyn wears a good and expensive bra, but she is a double D. I wear a cheap bra, but I am a B. Don't get into too much trouble today, I can't afford the bail.

Lyn, I looked at the big man recipe site. Mmmmm, that chicken with the spinach looks marvleous. I like Butter Bob's chili. Low Carb Yum is another favorite.

Be sure to check out the lotto, still time to enter your blocks. The house swap, so many variations of houses. And the prayer circle, add your requests for tomorrow's prayer circle.

Time to get dressed, have breakfast and go play in my room. I need to come up with a house plan and work on my charity quilt top.

Have a marvy day
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:55 am

Chriss, Buttermilk Basin is one of my favorite websites/FB that does free BOM, and sew along for small projects.
They do both wool and cotton. I'm doing the spring sew along now. It's very cute. I'm waiting for the next part to come out tomorrow.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:04 am

Lori, I saw the BOM on Buttermilk Basin I think they are on month 3 but the first two patterns are no longer available. But I do like their site and patterns.
Exodus 33:14

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:53 pm

Hey better late than never
I overslept this morning got up at 7 normally up at 545 omg dragging my butt all day was sleeping good too lol
Got all my kids Seen today laying on couch with lil man now lol

Flo I use lots polyester batting it’s cheaper and light weight for summer quilts. I don’t like really bulky quilts lol

Goat babies coming in late April early May
Got two lil piglets from Peppa. Ms piggy due any day now. 🐷🐷 I named peppas Pricilla and pork chop πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ boys are food.

Chriss edyta is going several sew alongs you can follow on her blog or YouTube channel. I am going 2 of hers right now lol πŸ˜‚ and another one by Jodi barrows squareinasquare.com she too has Facebook and YouTube webinars all the time.

I am contemplating the swap Mary give me some time to think about it

Nothing else new here

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitches 🧡
🐐izzy

Return to β€œSew ins”