Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 13th, 2023

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday March 13th, 2023

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:56 am

Good morning,,,Daylight savings time is messing with me again. I wish they would leave my clocks alone. Today i will resume spring cleaning. It is snowing again and I don't plan on leaving the house. I will finish the laundry room. I plan on painting this room in the warmer weather, and ridding it of the filing cabinet, old dresser, and hanging rack that are in there,,,I will replace them with a park type bench and a farmhouse table for folding clothes. that way it will be nicer in there, I am searching for an old coat rack for in there too. (thift stores and yard sales in the spring.) I would like to hang old hats from it. that is my plan...If I have to do laundry at least it will be cute...
I might just spend some time in the sewing room today, after I figure out what to have fr supper. hope you find something fun to do today,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: Monday March 13th, 2023

Post by suzette58 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:13 am

Good morning everyone.
We had bad weather yesterday. I thought for sure schools would be at least open late if not closed. Well, I was wrong. It is still damp though. I am just about done quilting the first memory quilt. I could get the quilting done if I am motivated enough. I am not sure if I have shared this baby news with the group. Two of our grand daughters are pregnant. One is due in June with twins and her sister is due sometime in the fall. Goodness, 3 babies in a matter of a couple months. We are going to be great grandparents! I am off to get a cup of coffee. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:17 am

Good morning Judi. Wow! The advantage of a big house. I only have a stacking set: washer,/dryer tucked into a closet area. But I like it. Didn't have that convenience for 11 years living in RV. Now I use our kitchen table for folding.
As for a coat rack? Rummage sales are great! I found a rectangle mirror with coat hooks and we had to exchange the hooks for a fresh new look. We hung it in our hall way near the coat closet. Perfect for DH and his ball caps. A mirror near the door is great to check your hair, etc.
Hope you find what you need.
I finished my projects. Now to start something different. Not sure yet what that's going to be.
Congratulations, Suzette. Great news!
Back to my coffee. Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:18 am

Good morning Judi,

It's raining here and it's suppose to do it until tomorrow I don't care we had all of our appointments last week so I don't mind the rain.
Well I think I will hang out in my sewing room today.

I hope you all have a great day .
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:17 am

Morning
Congratulations Suzette! Great news.
Maryq, for animals we have 1 dog and 12 chickens. We are thinking of getting an animal to protect the flock, not sure what yet.
Cold DGD had last week I now have, so I feel cruddy.
Have a great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:44 am

Good morning,

JUDI - Yay for snow/sew days! It will be fun to re-do your laundry room. Do you have a folding table in there? Will you repurpose the furniture you are moving out to another part of the house? Figuring out supper - the bane of my mornings. That's what Supper Club is all about - ideas of what to cook!

VELDA - love your bag!

SUZETTE - you told us about the twins on the way in June back when you first found out. But the fall baby is new news! Congratulations! Do they know gender of any of the babies?

LOIS - glad you get to stay in today!

JANA - Karlie has really got it going on! She is such a smarty pants! But she will go far in life!

Yesterday we changed our clocks. The main clock in the house is above the fireplace and it takes a tall ladder to change it as we have slanted 15' cathedral ceilings in the living room. So - as long as the ladder was in the house, Bill washed the super high windows and woodwork, fan, and two chandeliers. This, of course, caused me to wash all the souvinier wine glasses that are displayed on the window sills, the lower windows, and some knick knacks, We moved furniture and vacuumed. And voila`! Inadvertant cleaning happened and I'm going to call it spring cleaning! Oh, and I sewed. I made good progress on Crazy.

We watched a few minutes of the "pre-game" show of the Oscars just to look at the dresses. One gal (I think she was a presenter) was interviewed and she was wearing a pale gray dress with HUGE poofs for sleeves. Bill couldn't stop laughing. He said she looked like she was wearing garbage bags on her arms. But the interviewer was probably worse - her 'dress' looked like she was wearing black underpants under a fishnet skirt. I guess I don't get high fashion. But have to admit, they are entertaining!

Today I'll do some sewing, maybe clean out the under-sink cabinet in the kitchen, and I'm taking two friends to Mexican lunch in Tacoma. They are 85 and 93. I'll be picking them both up. It's pouring rain this morning but hopefully it will let up a little for the drive.

I'll be back later. My coffee cup seems to be empty!

mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:44 am

Good morning!

We are dry and cold, awaiting the rain later today. So I will be inside looking out and not melting like our snow pack..

A bit of uglies, then I'll sew.

Chriss - with all the water in Monterey area, how's Rich and Gloria? Are they high and dry from the levee break? I've been wondering since I saw the Pajaro river breech.

Well, a few extra prayers, if you have one could be used here. Sarah and Joseph are are their way to his father, who is in not good shape at the hospital. Severe breathing impairment, along with a myriad of other problems, all that are also life threatening. Thanks, you're all wonderful!

Hugs,
Jana

Stu just let us know that Joseph 's father passed away a bit ago. Thanks for the prayers.

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:40 am

Good Morning Girls

Yup... this DST has thrown me out of whack... it's 10:13 and I just woke up a bit ago! Probably catching up on the sleep I lost Saturday night---between the switch in time and a sleepless night............ Hope I'm back to normal by tomorrow! I hate losing an hour of sewing time--- even though it will come back to me in the fall! :-)

Judi... How fun to have a "Pretty" laundry room! At the old house I had a tiny one, but I wallpapered it when we first moved in---right on the sheet rock--no paint no nothing! Always wanted a nice big laundry room! I knew a gal that when they built their house, they put it inside their master bedroom closet--so you can imagine how big that closet was!!!

Suzette... Sounds like you are going to be a busy Great Gramma... 3 babies.... 3 quilts? When my nephew had twin girls, I made them El's "Twin sisters" quilt.. figured that was a perfect pattern. Do they know what they are having yet?

Velda... Great idea for a mirror by the door! I might have to do that.... I've been known to drive off and get to work with my hair not combed through---curled and cleaned... but not fixed! I keep my lipstick in the car as that goes on as I back out the driveway! LOVE the purse you made... looks difficult?

Lois.... Sure wouldn't mind the rain here either... It's snowed constantly for the last two days, and it's cold again here. A good old fashioned thunderstorm would be nice ---melt a lot of the snow off!

Flo... Now that you have a dog and chicks... what's next? I bet Izzy would send you a goat?

Maryz....Now I know why you have that clock way up high... so Bill will have to climb and wash windows while he's up there! You get a two-fer twice a year! When I see some of the fashion out there, I'm glad WM still carries old lady clothes! :lol: :lol: Some of the things I've seen out there, leave nothing to the imagination... and when did it happen that seeing nips through your shirt is "the thing". (the Kardashians girls) I've watched "Say Yes to the dress" and even wedding dresses look like pajamas. Oh don't get me started! And yes, I did get my closet cleaned out! It looks so nice now!

Jana... Prayers for Joseph's Dad. For what ever God has planned for him... that He be gentle and grant Sarah and Josephs His comfort and grace.

Yesterday I did actually get some sewing done on a UFO.. (holding for applause) I had made a bunch of 8" squares with a jelly roll I had and discovered I had made more than a few the wrong direction.... hence Jack and I had a fun evening on the couch. I have rows together and will get them stitched together today and find something for border and back. It's just a little maybe baby size thing, but I'll be patting myself on the back when it's done for sure!

Time for heat up the coffee and jump in the shower... headed to the Dr. this afternoon to have her tweek my back a little. You how when you make an appointment at the dr and then you feel so much better before it's time to go.... back isn't bothering me like it was, but I'll go anyway.

See y'all tomorrow

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:50 am

Good morning. We had a doozy of a storm last night. Wind, monsoon like rains, hail, thunder, lightning. It was like being in the middle of a Jumanji game. Time for someone to roll the dice, I want my turn to be over.

Today is supposed to be cloudy with more rain late tonight and tomorrow. I don't see any puddles, but we did give a leak in the hood over the stove. We are thinking it was the wind that caused the exhaust pipe to leak. It's the first time we noticed water there.

My plan for the day will include a little house cleaning and the sharpening of all the knives. I get so frustrated with how quickly knives get dull. The second part of my day will be spent in my room. I will be cutting and sewing HST's. Once I get them squared and sewn together into blocks, I can make a quilt top.

Watched the Oscar's last night, there were some beautiful dresses and some that made the people wearing them look like tramps. I like seeing the dresses.

Judi, what fun to redo the laundry room. You will find the perfect pieces to make it cozy.

Suzette, yay you, great granny.

Velda, I'm curious, do you miss RV life?

Lois, enjoy your play day.

Flo, sorry you have a cold but that's what happens when you smooch on a DGD with a cold. I vote for a llama to protect your flock.

Maryz, I saw those dresses and also laughed. Nice of Bill to climb the ladder and take care if the high up things.

Jana, my kids are fine, thanks. They live in Salinas and don't have much water around them. But I am wondering about the lettuce and strawberry harvest, they should have planted rice in those fields. That Karlie is always thinking isn't she? to untidy your room to win the competition is, while not right, genius.

Maryq, I am an old lady clothes wearer too. It's why I pretty much shop in thrift stores. Wait, I'm still applauding. I'd like to see what you came up with for that jelly roll pattern.

Kathy, you know it's a fancy box when it comes with tissue paper. what fun you are going to have with that BOM.

If I don't start my day it won't get started. Hope you all have a fun day, I'll be in my room wether you need me or not.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:01 am

Windy, cloudy morning on the coast of Texas. Minnie is funny, she gets off the bed and walks to the front of the Coach. But, when she sees there's no sunshine on the dash and her bed, she turns around climbs her steps to the bed and snuggles up on my pillow....and if I'm standing near, gives me the 'cover me up' look. :lol:

Chriss and others who are interested in low carb recipes, I've come across 'The Big Man's World' from Australia, recipes on Facebook. I plan to try some.

I need to find all tax related stuff and get the taxes done sooner than later. Garry doesn't remember some things, but 'taxes' must be tattooed on the back of his eyeballs.

Jana, sending prayers.

MaryQ, I slept in too. I do prefer DST, especially when we're here because we can enjoy happy hour in the daylight longer.

Prayers for your needs. Hope you have fondle fabric today.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”