Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday March 12,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday March 12,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:46 am

Good morning and Happy daylight savings ,

Today I have more wash to do and then I'll done I think someone drops off laundry off at my house.
Yesterday we went out to breakfast came home and we watched TV and we did a few loads of wash.
I noticed that the on wander lane fabric is out
at the end of the month we are going to Lancaster pa to a quilt show and I will see what they have there there are a bunch of shops out there so I'm hoping to find some so I will wait till then.

Well I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Sunday March 12,202

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:27 am

Morning Lois and all to follow,
Daylight savings time messing with my sleep. So nap in my day.
Chicks are doing well. They are still tiny but starting to get their feathers.
Maryq, cabinet construction stalled because Joe building chicken coop ans run . All these need to be sealed from predators, so even the ground get chicken wire .
I may get into sewing room, or I may just watch TV and hand sew doilies.
Have a sew great day
Flo

QuiltGram8

Re: Sunday March 12,2023

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:05 am

Good Sunday morning. Hope everyone set their clocks forward. I love daylight savings time.
Flo, tell me more about your project with your doilies. I have a bunch in various sizes to do something productive with. I am curious what you are up to.
I will be finishing up my tote bag/ purse today.
Church is a 9 am. Then I will start sewing after that.
Have a blessed day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:46 am

Good Sunday morning to all. We have rain off and on during the night. Should be rainy all day. I have 1 more row for the boys quilt. I picked up DD 25th ann. gift from the LAer and it looks great. Jim quilted it with butterflies. Now I have to bind it and thats not fun because of the size. When the sun comes out again, I'll have hubby take pics. He'll try to post them for me. Fingers crossed.

We looked at another property. Looked very nice. Then we checked the going rate per foot for a house from some of the builders--sit down for this--$300.00 so for a 3000 sq. home--close to a million $$$
Add the running of the water and electric lines. Too much. So we'll stay here and look for a re-sale.

LOIS-- I don"t know if your elves have been trained by Maryq to cause chaos in your laundry. She taught mine to help put junk food into my shopping cart at Costco. I don't know where or how but I bet ite her. LOL

FLO- Chicks are so cute. Do you name all of them? How many animals do you have?

Time for coffee.
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:32 am

Good morning and blessed Sunday to you all.

Maryz I don't always keep up but do my best. Right now though I am up to date. My two block of the months though for 2021 need to be finished but blocks are all done. One the quilt is all done but the borders need done. It has "Dart blocks" all around and those take a bit. I do sew some at home, plus a couple days a month at Free Sew and I have started going to Antioch to their open sews so there is dedicated time. I do have to clean house some and those sorts of things and some days the back is not into sewing but I do what I can, I avoid deadlines whenever possible. And I just don't worry about it. Things will get done in due time.

Maryq I still find myself thinking I need to go check on Dad, not used to him not being here yet. But yes, in time I will adjust. I am working on not worrying about the care home not doing things the way I do. I know a care home can never provide the one on one care that you can at home but still get apprehensive about it. That is one reason I waited so long to place him as he now doesn't get the one on one care.

Lois DD quilt is at the quilters. She will have it done sometime this week. I ran into her at the shop yesterday. Now it will be up to me to get that binding on timely. I plan to finish the pillow cases and make the binding today.

Judi how did the second game go?

Vel would love to see a picture of your USMC plaque. My Dad has an USAF one but it can't be used outside. So now it is put away. Love the purse pattern. Someone else on the forum years ago made a very similar purse. Try as I might, can't think of her name.

Chriss DD quilt is at the quilters but she is quick. I have a sewing room but am thinking of taking several of the pieces of furniture out and put in Dad's room so I can bring in my cutting table. Cutting at home slows me down quite a bit as the table is too low and my back won't lean over that long. I try doing it sitting down but then I can't see the far side and cuts always aren't accurate. But yes, I will be setting it up for company. DBIL can sleep in there and DS and DDIL can sleep in the RV.

Kathy I did get feed back from the gentleman's wife who just happens to be teaching the Starry Night class. She said he was feeling emotionally better and was glad he had made the call. If I could ask for prayers for her though, She seemed so unhappy all through the class. I can't imagine being in her shoes right now.

Got those clocks set forward so DH made it to work on time. I did not finish the sheep yesterday. Too much time socializing I suppose. I do have 3 more Free Sews this month and 3 more Open Sews so I will be fine. Plus time at home. I now have 2 patients for my day job but one may be discharging soon.

Today I am putting pot roast in the crock pot so should get started on that. I like mine to cook for 10 hours. I also focus better on sewing in the morning so need to get to that too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Prayers to all in need.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:51 am

Good Morning, It is snowing again,,,I Am tired of the snow.
We had fun at the game last night but the boys are done,,,they actually gave up the last part of the game when it was obvious they couldnt pull it iff,,,the team they played was in the top 100 in the country and they were just out played,,,but they had fun and now the season is over for them. I said good bye to many of the Grammas and grampas that we have cheered with for many years,,, we probably will not see them again,,,,They do have a scrimmage game scheduled for next wednesday that was a make up game,,,so Liam will play that last game,,,,
It will be a busy week,,,,as we have many appts thus week,,,I have an eye appt for glasses, ken has a surgeons appt for his knee, we have a lawyer appt for an update on the trust, and will. And beside that all the shopping. I need to fill the freezer, and stock the pantry, friday is St Patricks Day so Corned Beef and cabbage is on the menu, Spring cleaning might take a back seat this week,,,,I will try to make time to work on the quilt. I am almost done with section 1,,,,of 4.
Today I will do some laundry, and I just might wash the woodwork in the laundry room while Im in there,,,We
have plenty of leftovers for supper tonight and lunch too...So no cooking today,,,,have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:57 am

Good morning. Happy Sunday. Still expecting rain today. The rain yesterday wasn't more than a spit from the sky. We did get thunder. I have a girlfriend who live across the highway from me, not 5 minutes away, she got hail, thunder and lightning. I must live on the boring side of the highway.

Lori, I imagine you trying to shut the door to the overstuffed closet full of projects. I'm also very easily distracted.

Kathy, I recently went through the bookshelves in my sewing room. I have scolded myself and am not allowed to buy any new books or patterns. I have to admit sometimes I lie to myself and sneak them in my room. Can you turn your shelf over so it unbuckles?

Lois, the quilt show sounds fun. hope you find just what you are looking for.

Flo, I've seen so many different ideas for chicken coops. Have you seen the ones that roll so you can fertilize different areas? Or the upside down trampoline, ugh. so many ideas. I'm also not a fan of DST.

Velda, happy bag sewing.

Diane, sorry the cost of building is so high. It's also high here. And adding the cost of a well and septic is crazy. But the payments on an existing house can also be crazy. The kids who bought my grandma's house (built in 195? with 1800 sqf, and 23 acres) paid 370,000 and put 20,000 down. Their monthly payment (not sure if it includes homeowners insurance or property taxes) is 2,400 per month. I don't know how they do it.

Valerie, I'm not a sit down cutter either. My cutting table is from Joanns, the sides fold down and it's on wheels. I used a coupon to buy it so it was pretty inexpensive. It's big when unfolded and it's the right, for me, height. You are busy, lots of sewing things on your calendar, what fun.

Judi,, kind of sad and happy when a sport ends. You'll miss the games and people but are glad you can stay home. hope your snow leaves soon.

We have been watching a series called The Naked Archeologist. I think it is two seasons long. This man goes researches things in the bible. Foods, artifacts, writings, etc. it's quite interesting.

I see a big black cloud in the sky, hoping it keeps moving.

Today will be a repeat of yesterday. Playing in my room, chasing squirrels with Moose and a walk away the pounds You Tube video.

You girls have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:37 am

Good morning,

LOIS - when you find out who is sneaking all that extra laundry into your basket, you need to give them a bill. My grandmother was paid good money for doing extra laundry! I don't expect we'll have any problems without our landline. We rarely get any personal calsl on it anymore. But if we change our minds, we didn't get rid of the phones - just packed them away for now.

FLO - glad your chickens will be safe all around!

VAL - I always love your posts - it's like we're sitting around the kitchen table, chatting!

VELDA - I know your sister will be happy with the bag you make her! And no, personally, I wouldn't use any paint or stain on anything that touches my food unless it was specially designed for such a use.

DIANE - Building is very expensive these days. Lumber prices skyrocketed, even before everything else did. Do you need a 3,000 ft house? Ours is 2,200 but we could easily get by on 1,600 sq ft. I'm curious to see how much ready built homes compare in price. Out here house prices are dropping and lots more For Sale signs are going up. Maybe if you wait a while . . .

JANA - sorry to tell you, but I love Daylight Savings Time. I don't even mind the clock changes twice a year. I like it when things get shaken up a little. Keeps life interesting. And we do have a CO2 sensor in the trailer but not in the house. Our house is completely electric. But we do have the best smoke detectors we could find. They even provide a nightlight if movement is detected.

KATHY - It would be fun to know what's going on in that neighbor's house. But you're closer than I am . . . go check. Glad you have a plan for the next big storm. Which might be happening about now? . . . . Oh, and no, I don't quilt fast - I just quilt a lot. Hours every day. I'm a hopeless addict. And what else am I going to do? And don't say spring cleaning!!

CHRISS - You are a strong woman to resist all those goodies Jerry is making. I bet the boys next door would be willing to help him empty the cookie cannister! Did you take some to the parents last Wed? If you're making turkey sandwiches and serving them in your sewing room, count me in! Glad you won't be flooding. Hope your driveway holds. My brother sent me pix of his yard yesterday. Even for North Pole, AK he has a LOT of snow. I could only see a tiny bit of his vehicles at the tops of the windows. And he was driving back from Yukon in his 50 yr old semi, "Snort", during the storm. I guess I'm happy with our 40* and drizzle.

JUDI - great timing that all the hockey ended on the same day. Are you moving into baseball now? One thing about cleaning of any kind, it will wait for you. It isn't going to do itself and I've never noticed anyone else jumping in to do it before you can get to it. And I don't know about your house, but here, no one even notices if I clean or not. Not until we run out of clean coffee cups, wine glasses, or undies.

MARY Q - did you get your winter project, aka, cleaning your closet, finished yesterday? What will be your summer project? I think I might clean out under my kitchen sink this summer. lol! I was influenced enough yesterday to spend about 3 hours cleaning my linen closet. I could probably get rid of 90% of everything in there and never notice it. But I did purge a bunch of old, burned candles. Yay, me.

So, my linen closet is cleaned. Whew! I hope Katy is happy now. I've been working on my clothes closet a little at a time, too, for past week. My dresser will be after that. I have 9 of 20 crazy rows all sewn together now and enough blocks feather-stitched for another 3 rows. So, to break up the action, I do some feather-stiching, some scrap trimming, and then sew some blocks together. I'm not sure how the linen closet got in there! It wasn't in my plan and yet it and laundry both happened yesterday. We'll see what happens today . . .

Wishing everyone frog-free sewing today!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:01 am

Good morning!

Made it to church on time. Got 6 clocks reset and still have a gazillion to do. Oh, , I redid the Highlander's as i waited for Michael to come get in. That's 7.

The competition between Karlie and me is being suspended for a time. The little pill needs a lesson on honesty and not being devious. Seems as if she would sneak in my room and unmake my bed, and put stuff out of place. Like Grandma wouldn't notice. So we'll have a talk and a bit of a break and then try again. She also watched her dad put the password on his work phone, then proceeded to use his phone for YouTube, which was off limits for her. When asked how she got in his phone, she fibbed, big time. So a few lessons need to be learned.

Church is starting, so better scoot. I will sew later after church.

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:52 am

Good Afternoon....sunny, sunny!

Just a short note to day. I was up all night not feeling right. Slept for a few hours until the men started putting on a new roof. Not a complaint just happy not to be next to a dumpy house. I'm going to put the new hummingbird feeder
up I'll get a good look.
Chriss I did turn the shelf over. It looks funny I'm sure it will fix it self. I did thin out my books when I moved but I've bought a few more. One must keep current.

I received my 1st month's block from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. Wow...how fancy. It came in a special box with pictures of the quilt on it & when I opened it there was tissue paper.

Love & Prayers............Kathy
Extra prayers for all that need them.

Return to “Sew ins”