Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 9,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday March 9,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:28 am

Good morning,

It's chilly outside in the 30's we are suppose to get into mid 40's .
We have our eye drs today and I hate the dilation part that dosent seem to wear off for about 4 hrs so we won't be able to do anything today :lol: .

Yesterday I made a bib in the afternoon and it came out cute if my eyes clear up I might make another 1 today.

Well thats it for me I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Thursday March 9,2023

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:38 am

Morning Lois and all to follow,
Lous good luck with dilation...I haven't had that yet, but it sounds miserable.
We got our baby chick's yesterday. We have 12, and all are doing OK. Chriss posted a picture for me
Today is our class at church, then home to stare at my babies.
Have a great day
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:45 am

Good morning,, Sunny and cold here too. we also will get up to the 40s today, I decided to tackle another room today it will be my laundry room..It is a large room with my freezer file cabinet hanging rack for Kens work clothes and a chest of drawers,,,All need to be cleaned and organized. (this room tends to be a catch all) since Katy has us all spring cleaning this will be my next room to be "Katy-fied" but first I will run up to home depot for another shelf for above my washer and dryer. They are the wired shelves so easy for me to install another one....if they have the size I need,,,if not Ken will have to cut it to fit.
My other news it looks like Ken will have to have his other knee done...it is really bothering him a lot. We will see the surgeon next week and we are hoping he can wait til June,,,Ken has committed to teaching a 6 week class and the class is full,,,(Everyone wants in Kens classes) It will be teaching Pipefitters, about a certain type of refrigeration that Ken is an expert on. So now he has 3 jobs,,,Im sure 2 of them will end this summer,,and he will go back to only taking care of the ice rink...(I hope)
Not a lot of sewing here,,,( its Katy's fault...we love you Katy you are our motivator) ) When I need a break I usually come up and sew a bit,
Well I need to get dressed make my HD run and get this room going,,,This one might take 2 days,, We have hockey friday and saturday,,,,Liam will play his last games of the season,,,,and last games with this team. After all these years many of them are heading to different schools to play with them. A sad time but exciting,,I will miss these kids and the parents I've gotten to know...
Hope you all have a great day......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:50 am

Good morning to everyone we are sunny with60s today but cooler this weekend & rain tomorrow
My house closed yesterday so I’m no longer a home owner
Diane I hope you find property you love We sure loved our place It’s the same here where my DD luvesWoods taken & homes on every inch of land They are putting in a new I h across from their entrance to development she lives in

Flo Enjoy your baby chicks I’m sure your DGD willlove them

Lois I too hate to have eyes dilated

I hope everyone has a great day DD & I are going to z library then find a sun hat for protection from sun Hugs to all Becca

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:33 am

A quick drive by. 2 friends and I are going on a Shop Hop F.A.R.T. today. Velda there's room for you or someone else. There's 6 shops, so will take most of the day. I don't really need anything, but it's fun to see what they have, especially 2 that I haven't seen cause they're the farthest away.

Jana, thank you for looking for the beading pattern. I hope as you looked through your patterns, you found one that needs to be put to fabric.

Our weather is warm and very humid.
Hope y'all can play with fabric.
Lyn

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:44 am

DRAT!! Back to step 1 with the property. We found out from hubby's friend yesterday (the one who came to check out the price for clearing the land) He checked to see who owned the property across the street. It seems the land was sold in 2022 (over 200 acres) to a "storage company" which are very popular here as used for "Carolina basements". Even though the entrance is on the main road the exit could be right across the new house. Not a good feeling by hubby and I so we'll pass on this . Jan the realtor is furious with the agent for the seller. It was sneaky of her not to give Jan a little more info. 2 for 2 down the drain.

Flo-those chicks are so adorable.

Maybe another cup of coffee will help my mood brighten up or I'll just take the coffee with me and sew. Working on a boys quilt top for charity. With the idea of moving I'm working on using up my children's fabric up as much as I can. I finished a girls with lady bugs and the boys is catapillers. Helps to cheer me up.

Well, off to the sewing room. Hubby is golfing with my cousin so I have the house nice and quiet for a few hours.

Enjoy
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:54 am

Good morning saw surgeon yesterday she said she was amazed at what she saw during surgery basically had a blockage from internal hemorrhoids that had a huge blood pool behind them. She said worst case ever saw and stated I was lucky nothing more severe didn’t happen. My pathology report was good and she wants me to heal then have colonoscopy. Making sure I don’t have polyps up in higher end that were reason for bleeding but she believes it was the hemorrhoids. I told her never had this issue prior the pain was the set off for me and she stated the blockage was her biggest concern. I will have another surgery after colonoscopy but she said that test is booked out 6 months so I get to heal for a bit. See her again in 2 weeks then schedule the rest.
So on better note I was actually able to do my youth class last night at church and practice piano snd this morning sew.
Working on lots of UFOs now.
Well gotta run work day
Just wanted to check in
Hugs 🤗 prayers 🙏 happy stitches 🧵
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:57 am

Good morning, everyone,

We are chilly, but dry. It will be a great day!

LOIS - good luck at the eye dr. I hope your eyes settle down quickly for you. JUDI just went through this, too.

JANA - thank you! I hope you got to revel in the smell of cotton yesterday, as planned! Is Sarah's kitchen all finished now?

IZZY - all good news! Hallelujah!

KATHY - I'm wondering if Kimberly is being scammed with that credit card demand. It almost sounds like kidnappers demanding ransom. If it were real, there would be paperwork, wouldn't there? And they would share it with her attorney, wouldn't they? It seems that not too long ago, there was a huge security breach where something like 37 million people's info was compromised. Maybe this is a result of that?

CHRISS - sounds like you have been Katy-ized! I would probably choke on air that didn't have a healthy dose of dust and cat hair in it! lol! But I will admit, I've been noticing things around here that should be attended to. And I blame Katy. I was purrfectly happy with everything until she started talking "spring cleaning". Sigh. I think yellow will be a great "popping color" with your black/gray. But then I think almost any color you choose would look great with black and gray

LYN - happy FARTing!

DIANE - Sorry the property isn't going to work out for you. But kudos to your friend for digging deeper into surrounding properties. Just the right piece of land will show up soon and you can get started on Diane's Dream House soon. And what would Diane's Dream House look like? Will you go two-story again? IF we were to move or build new, we're done with stairs.

MARY Q - So did you go back and finish up at KC's? If you set her up with a project, aren't you setting yourself up to quilt it for her later? Think about turning her on to cross-stitch, hand embroidery, crochet. Something that needs fewer supplies and less storage space and little or no quilting.

VELDA - your painting project sounds like a nice break from quilting. I have some outdoor critters that I should re-paint, too, when the weather gets warmer. As for scraps, I did have them sorted by dark, med, light, and white/cream and kept them in a 4-drawer Iris cart. But for my present crazy quilt project, I tossed everything together into a big tote and pull from it. My PLAN is, when I finish this project, to cut the rest of the scraps into usable pieces - squares, strips, rectangles, etc, - and then use them for something(s) out of the Scrappiness is Happiness book.

BECCA - You will miss your wildlife visits but I'm betting you won't miss all the work that went into maintaining your property. Did you say you will have a small, closed in balcony in your new home?

JUDI - Oh, you got Katy-ized, too! I may have to get on the band wagon here, too, in case any of you drop by. I don't want to have the only dusty house! You have a big laundry room! Mine is only a cubby behind bifold louvered doors in our family room, just big enough for W/D, hot water heater, and laundry tub, aka, Scottie's bathtub. Bill hung cabinets above for all the soaps, cleaning supplies, light bulbs, and vases. But it could use Katy's touch.

FLO - any more progress on your kitchen cabinetry? I saw your babies. So very cute!!

Yesterday I made 37 crazy blocks. I think I have just 32 more to make, then I can start doing the gold feather stitching on them. Bill finished quilting my North Stars top so I need to bind that soon, too. I have three more tops in the QQ - The Christmas swap from last summer, plus Chandelier and Christmas Blizzard I did while in Texas this winter. I think Christmas swap (Vintage toys was this year's theme) will be next up on the quilting frame.

We just got our first Boondocker rez of the year - a couple from Alaska want to stay here in April. Yay! We're open for business once again! And from Alaska! My second favorite state!

Happy Quilting!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:28 am

Good morning!

It's Thursday, so today I am supposed to have sunshine! So far, so good! We will get the joys of the pineapple express starting tomorrow, so more snow, but also lots of rain, which can and will cause flooding. I'm up a hill, so it should all run past me.

Lila will be here for a short time today. Kate needs studying time, so Lila will come here to play. Aaron will be in a meeting today. There's a property near me that was a topsoil business. They brought in dirt, sifted it with huge machinery and it made a dusty mess throughout the neighborhood. Not including all the heavy semi trucks hauling in the dirt and others hauling off the sifted material. The city tried for years to entice them to move to a more suitable area for naught. After some not so nice dealings, the city got a court order for a huge dirt pile to be moved, a nuisance, and rid of. Which still is there, but the business was shut down a few years back, and now sold the land to another business. We don't know the intent of the new business, but there's an injunction against any construction material on the property. Some materials have appeared. Hence Aaron checking on that and he will sit in on the meeting today, with the new owners and the planning commission. Hopefully this huge pile of dirt, it's easily 30 feet tall, by 70 or so feet long will be finally removed. Glad to have "our fly on the wall" to learn what's going.

Not much else here. My laundry room will get attention and cleaned today. It's not bad, just dusty and the floor needs scrubbing. No window in there either. My windows will wait, as I will need outside water and it's not turned on yet. Still freezing. So most of my spring cleaning is done! Yippee! After that's done, it's sewing time!

Stay safe, warm, and happy. Happy is good, I'm in charge of happy!

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:36 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in before I go get my newspaper. We are supposed to get a snowstorm starting tonight through tomorrow so will be staying in for a few days. Could be as much as 6 inches. We have had almost no snow this winter, so I guess we are due. Have plenty of food and supplies for me Smoke and Sweetie so will just hibernate and watch movies and sports, and other TV. They filled my propane a couple of days ago so we will have heat and if electricity goes out I have my Generac generator so we will be fine.

Well better get going. Have a good and safe day everyone.
Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”