Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 9,2023

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday March 9,2023

Post by maryq » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:43 am

Good Morning Girls

Am still looking for some spare sunshine if you have any extra send it over! I think we will be in the clouds for a little while as seems to be a pattern of snow on and off for the next week or so. Thankfully it's warming up so it doesn't last long. Snowed all day yesterday while I was out and about but the roads were just wet, so I didn't panic!

Lois... When I get my eyes dilated, I figure that's a good excuse for a nap.. If I keep the lights off as much as possible, that helps too until they get back to normal, or wear sunglasses in the house.

Flo.... Your baby chicks are so cute! What does your puppy think about them? Does he like to check them out? How long until they are big enough to go out to the coop?

Judi.... Did you catch the cleaning bug from Katy? It must have missed tho... though I should actually try to catch it as there is a list of those kind of cleaning chores I really should get to...they were on my winter projects list, but haven't been checked off yet! Ken had good results from his 1st knee? Not something a person looks forward to I suppose but if it helps!

Becca.... Are you relieved that your closing on the house is done? Is it a little sad for you? I thought I would be really sad when I sold my house (was there for 37 years) but I think because my son bought it, it's not so bad and I'm thrilled with my new place.

Lyn... Thought of you Tuesday and yesterday as I found a HUGE supply of beads and charms and supplies at KC's. She gave it ALL to me to either sell or donate. Part of my wants to keep it and try my hand at it... but I sure don't need another hobby! :lol:

Diane... SO glad you were able to find out about the land use planned for across the street!!! Nice to know somebody in the background that can help. I would think too, that the city offices could tell you what the plans are for land around you. Are you looking for a big lot with acres?

Izzy... Wowsers... you have really been through the ringer.... I missed how extensive you surgery was... good to hear you are feeling a wee bit better and the Dr. has a good plan ahead for you.

Maryz.... Finish up? HA... I don't see that happening for quite a while. Yesterday I took her to Dr. and to run a couple errands so we didn't get much done. I did empty out on HUGE tote box full of junk and cleared a path so she can get into the pantry closet easier. I could go on for hours about the condition of the place... but won't here. Needless to say... it's a challenge. I'm happy to help, but get a little frustrated . How cool to have some body from Alaska!!!

Jana... Sometimes I think I'd like to just be a fly on the wall at the city council meetings here too... Just to know what's going on in my little town that isn't so little anymore! They've gone crazy building houses here and squeezing them in without thinking about ramifications of it! In my opinion anyway.

Sherry.... Only 6" oh heck, in Minnesota they don't close school for less than 10" :lol: :lol:
good to see you peek in though... Are you keeping busy with one project or another?

Today will be a 2-pot (of coffee) for sure... I was gone all day Monday and Tuesday, so I'll need to do double time today. Need to do my laundry and clean up the stuff I brought home from KC's.. a few nice pieces of fabric will go in the wash. Yesterday I brough home all the quilt batting she didn't want, but it's all Poly like Mountain Mist (which I hate) so that might go in the "goodwill" box . I'm not going to go back to her place for a couple weeks so I can get caught up around here.

So... time to reheat the coffee and crank up the music and get to work!

Wishing you all wonderful day

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:05 am

Good beautiful morning. Today will be a wonderful day. We will get a bunch of rain this afternoon and tomorrow. the prediction is an easy 6 inches. The blessing is, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge and no snow in my near future. I also live on a slight hill and don't need to go fill sandbags. My only concern is my driveway, it's not quite dry from the storm in January, but I have nowhere to go so it really isn't an issue. If I have to get out, I can use the neighbor's driveway.

The plan today will be housework and some sewing. Our quilt group meets on Saturday but we will see if the weather will allow it.

Judi, I also need to finish getting my house Katy-Fied. I know my windows will soon need to be Judi-Fied and want to get my Katy chores out of the way first. I will finish up my living room and dining room today so that I can move on to my bathrooms. Glad Ken retired so he could get a job, or three. His actions are similar to my dad's. Always a project.

Maryz, I so want to see your crazy quilt. Sounds like a perfectly scrappy gorgeous quilt. Yes, Katy is an influencer. Not sure if it's bad or good but she has me on the move. I won't be washing walls (I picture the little lady from Sylvester and Tweety up on a ladder, cleaning walls in a mumu) but will get the base boards and windowsills. Will hold off on the windows till it warms up a bit. That is when it will be Judi's fault.

Lots of hype on tv about the Oscars, do you watch it? I like to see the dresses but have no clue about the movies or people in them. We don't go to the movies too often.

Time for breakfast, you all have a fun day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:26 am

Hi everyone. Today is our day trip to visit our grandson. He is stationed at Yuma, Arizona and planned a leave to spend time with his guy friends who are all college kids, on spring break. They will head out together sometime tomorrow. First stop is St Louis which is about 4 hours from here, so they might get on the road tomorrow afternoon. Today was a good day to come for a visit. Here's a bonus: He lives to cook and he is making Sloppy Joes meal for us. What a delight! He is using the recipe I use. The one I always made for the family when he was a little kid.
I guess that's all I know for now.
Lyn: hope you have a blast FARTing.Lol.
Izzy: wow what you have been though! Is this all related to your prior injuries? Or is this something that just developed? Prayers for your healing and successful future tests and surgeries.
Maryz: you sound so organized! I wish I could be like that. I plan to start my painting project tomorrow. I think I will take a picture before I start, so then I will have before and after.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:15 pm

It was a beautiful day. Sunny and about 70. Tomorrow will be the tail end of the Pineapple express that Chriss will be experiencing.

Judi, do you think Ken will every really retire? It's not for everyone.

I worked on a UFO today. A spool quilt from 2010. I hope to get it done by this weekend. It's been in the closet too long.

Sleep well ladies.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”