Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 7,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Tuesday March 7,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:38 am

Good Morning Everyone,

Woke up to 2 inches of snow but from what I gather it won't stay to long looks like some rain will be here soon.
Yesterday was the scavengerhunt and I forgot a few things well tomorrow will be another day.
Today I have some wash that needs to be done so thats what I will be doing.

Well thats all for the news here.
I hope you all have a good day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Tuesday March 7,2023

Post by suzette58 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:55 am

Good morning everyone.
Well, I am disappointed about my new machine. I called to check on it yesterday and it hasn’t been even looked at yet. So, I just have to wait. Today I am planning on layering the 2 memory quilts for my friend. Hopefully after they are quilted and the binding is sewn on my new machine will be back home. I love the way it does free motion quilting which is what I want to do for my friend’s quilt. Well, I am in need of my second cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

MaryZ - the last sleep test they did on hubby didn’t go well at all. The mask would push air down his throat but he couldn’t exhale. So, the tech called me to come and pick him up. The next morning when he got up I noticed he had a broken blood vessel in his eye that wasn’t there when I dropped him off. The tech did tell him that there are some people that just can’t use any mask. He is losing weight which is helping him.
Suzette

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:18 am

Good morning Lois and all who follow. Just got home from a visit, lunch time in about 8 min so thought I would take advantage and come see how everyone is doing.
Wow Suzette 3 quilts. You have been a busy bee.
Diane how did your property hunt go? I have a friend who lives where there is an HOA, lots and lots of rules. Can’t even relandscape without HOA approval. I guess they are helpful in that you have to keep your properties up. No odd color paints, etc to bring property values down.
Judi shrimp alfredo sounds wonderful, what time is dinner? I have difficulty with the same meals all the time too. DH is a good cook, but repetitive. When I am cooking it’s because I am bored with the same things.
Jana snow seems to be the talk of the US this year. The Sierra’s have certainly gotten a lot. I am hoping for a change in the weather patterns before our trip to the Delta. Wedding is planned for outside.
Izzy glad you are on the mend. How soon till your next round of tests.
Maryz I will be feeding, 5 while we are at the house. Not sure of the numbers when we go to the Delta. There will be the initial 5, with addition of DH brother and SIL, my DD and SIL, her two kids, my GS fiancé and their 2 little ones. I am not sure what plans are being put in place for meals. Taking turns would be the ideal thing to do. I will have Dad with me from late Saturday till Tuesday AM so add him too. Now that you mention it, I don’t think DDIL eats soy either.
Vel you sound like your busy little self. I will look for your pictures.
Chriss I am doing Corner’s Play which is one the patterns in one of the 3 yard quilt series. I am doing the twin size so really 6 yard quilt. Adding larger borders to make it just a bit bigger. I am using batiks and think I will try a minky on the back to make it warm and cozy. I have the center done, just need to do one more seam and then the borders.
Maryq the wedding is April 10. I have a quilter who can get things back pretty quick. But if binding not completely done, I will wrap anyway and then tell her to give it back so I can finish the binding.
Yes Kathy it is hard when she is here because her disease is so severe. Many don’t have it as bad as her. Her Dad was the same way. Many with Celiac are affected but not with just a crumb of bread. Her , oh my, that is why we use separate toasters, butters, flours, etc. It just takes nothing for her to be severely ill.
Sherry my asthma has been worse this year than in years past. All this rain and moisture is really not good for asthma. Now I know why people with lung disease move to Arizona! My DBIL is having a terrible time with his lungs in Nevada. He is having much more rain than usual too.
Vel good luck in your new real estate endeavors!
Going back to my friends today. Have to go see Dad and take him some snacks at 8:30, then off to Vacaville. We had a good time yesterday and I did make good progress on the quilt. If I can get it to quilter by next week, she can have it back to me and I can do a binding race and get it done I think. Wed I have a patient to see, Thursday another patient and my Finish it Class with Annette who the instructor for the Starry Night, then the Starry Night class on Sat. Whew, day off on Friday, well not from work, but at least no running around. Will probably go see Dad again on Friday.
About time to end lunch break and go back to sleep. See you all in the morning.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:14 am

Good Morning all...we woke to about an inch of new snow too....Im tired of winter,,, I want warm weather to get out of th house and be in the yard. I saw a few robins here already and the poor things cant get to food....no bugs or worms about. I forgot bird seed yesterday so n my way home today I may stop and get some. I am going to visit an old co worker at her new condo...we have been trying to get together for quite a while..she is a quilter and like Maryqs KC she collects fabric and has a zillion UFOs. She has a new room for sewing so we shall see...I am delivering more fabric to her for a church group too.
I didnt get to the sewing room yesterday, but I will today, We went to Sophia's hockey game and the girls played it out of the ball park and won 3-0 It was so exciting for them Sophia got a goal and really bragged on her brother,,,,big smiles on a team that rarely wins and many of the girls it is their first year, More playoff games this coming weekend.
Well I need to get going here, A few chores and lunch with my friend,,,hope your day is going well....
I printed out the On Wander Lane info that Lois got from A to H it will be very helpful in picking out the fabric for the quilt...She even has the unpublished months in there,,,which I am told are coming soo n. each month lists the fabric requirements by size so I will know how much of each fabric to have, by cut size of the piece. I thought it would be very helpful...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:32 am

Judi that's the reason I emailed her so when I go shopping I wanted to see amounts of what I would need.

Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:50 am

Good morning all
Weather is going to play nice today but not tomorrow. I will wash down bathroom today. that will take up all morning. May get to sew this afternoon. Dont have a clue what I will fix for lunch . Maybe goulash.
Yesterday went to chiro. He is really helping. He is a great guy. He cans and gardens. He told me he is going to start bee keeping. Once you get to know him ,his personality gets better. After chiro I went to walgreens to get my vitamine D chewies. Boy everything is going up or shrinking.
Judi sorry your weather is still acting up. Mine will tomorrow. Its nice your going to lunch with a friend.
Suzette I am sorry you have problems with your new machine. Hope they fix it soon.
Lois We may get some snow rain mixture tomorrow. I have daffodils up and hope the bad weather does not bother them.
Well I need to get another cup of java and get curtains washed.
You all have a creative sewing day
Katy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:10 am

Morning
We pick up our baby chick's tomorrow. We are getting a total of 12 chick's, 3 breeds with 4 of each breed. For first few weeks they will be in a special box in house. It's still too cold for babies to be outside.
Diane our second house was in a HOA. This was in the late 90's . Some people we got a ticket for not mowing our lawn 1 week because we just put new sod down and our neighbor had a completely dead lawn and that was ok. I miss the house but not the neighborhood...house had amazing closets!
Today is just a relax day. Things will get busy with the chick's.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:00 am

Good morning, everyone!

37* here and rainy. I guess the four dry/sunny days they promised us was just a tease. Sigh.

SUZETTE - Does your hubby sleep with his head elevated? If not, It might help. Have you seen the wedges that are designed for just this reason? You could probably get one at a medical supply place - or on-line.

JUDI - I bet Sophia is over the moon! Not only did they win but she scored a goal! I'd be lording it over my brother, too! Smart to have a supply list for OWL to keep with you for shopping.

VAL - You have over a month yet for the wedding quilt. You can do this. We'll cheer you on. Will you have the binding all ready to go? Can you do binding by machine? That's a lot of people to feed! I hope you aren't resposible for everyone! Remember one important word - PIZZA! And, if possible, you might lay in a couple pizzas with cauliflower crusts. And restaurants! In my family, besides our DIL, we have 4 vegetarians. And everyone has their own likes and dislikes of vegetarian products - all different from whatever I buy. Maybe I'm glad that we don't have big family meals any longer. . .

FLO - congrats on your new babies! Do we get to help name them all? I want mine to be named "Sassy". I'm sure she'll be a great lay-er. Our neighbors have chickens and also keep then under lights when they are babies to keep them warm.

LOIS - I was at the store yesterday, too. Though I didn't see you there. You must have not been in the wine aisle. :D I was going to look at frozen turkey breasts, just to compare with Kathy's price - and because I wanted to buy one. But I forgot. But I did notice that the ground sirloin that I buy is now "on sale" for what was the regular price a few months ago. It seems everything has gone up about 15% or more.

VELDA - I've never lived with HOA rules and to be honest, I'm a bit of a rebel. I don't think I could handle rules like my kids had in their neighborhood before they moved. My DSIL couldn't even fly an American flag and he's a Marine! I saw your picture. I was wondering what Sew Along you were talking about because there are a lot of them on FB and in other groups. But then I saw your photo and remembered that one. Great quilt! I wasn't part of that project so I have no pictures to share.

SHERRY - I hope you don't need Albuterol for your asthma. We've heard there is a shortage of that med.

DIANE - if you build, what will your house be like?

KATHY - I bet you were misreading that price or else it was a misprint. Or perhaps it was the price for 10 skeins. Or it was a very special kind of thread or floss. Prices have gone up terribly, but 1000% increase on a skein of thread has to be a mistake. Becca doesn't have her new address yet. She is still staying with her DD until late spring. She is on the wait list for her new home in a retirement community. It was Kenderosa Sue who lost her dog and her mom, both last week. And her DH, Kenn passed away in January. Cindy only gave me the news. Though it's only been 21 months since Cindy lost Don and also her dog. (and my brother lost his wife in Dec and now his dog. What's going on with the dogs???)

MARY Q - I'm not sure Sue's Dad is still alive. Cindy told me that she and Sue are planning a road trip to MSQC when weather improves. And they are talking about getting involved together in making quilts for Cindy's church group. Cindy says she hopes this is the push she needs to get back into quilting. She still loves it and misses it, but just doesn't DO it. Praying both of them find their way soon.

CHRISS - So - what won out yesterday? Grocery shopping or "other"? And did you decide on a pattern for your charity quilt? I have Mar 17th on my calendar. I think we're seeing more illnesses, etc now because we are moving into an age group where stuff is starting to happen. It seems nearly all of our friends has something going on, medically.

Yesterday Bill got my North Stars on the quilt frame. Yay!! He will probably start quilting it today with a pattern that is swirly and looks like wind - The North Wind. Using silver Magnifico thread, front and back. It shimmers, kind of like snow and ice. I did 20 more crazy blocks and also went to lunch with my birthday friends. Fun to get out and go to a new restaurant and catch up with "the girls". Today is going to be an ugly day. Company coming for spaghetti supper so I need to clean and get my sauce made and into the crockpot. Any extra time will be spent in the sewing room. But then, isn't it always? :lol:

Have a Terrific Tuesday!
mary z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:28 am

Good morning!

Just a dusting of snow overnight. Not much at all.

I lost round one of the room cleaning competition with Karlie. She gave me a so so rating. But in my defense, I had a closet I straightened, a bathroom and most of the bedroom. Karlie has extended this competition of who keeps the room the cleanest until Sunday. I'm good with that, if it helps her learn to be a bit more tidy. She can make messes so fast!

Not much going on here new. Thanks Judi, for the info. Later this afternoon, I'll take Ethan to get a much needed haircut. He has a concert tomorrow night and should look decent! He's rather shaggy at the moment.

Stay warm, safe and do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:39 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Tuesday Everyone... Kind of a fly by for me this morning. I have a bunch of errands to run this morning, then I'm headed to KC's for a visit and to maybe, just maybe, do a little bit of "un-junking" the place. She has a few more things she'd like to get rid of...

Not much else going on around here... I spent most of yesterday in the sewing room, stitching up some towels on the embroidery machine and finally finished the LAST tote bag I was making for the craft sale. I swore I'd never get into that kind of stuff--- craft fairs etc, but it's been a good way to sew up some of my stash of fabric. I do much prefer making quilts though and am itching to start something new---though I promised myself I would work on a UFO first. If I get one UFO done, then I won't feel so guilty about starting something new!

Need to get in the shower for now. Will stop at the PO on my way out of town and mail Lori's lotto blocks, the "oil change " light came on in my car, so I better get that done this morning too. Sure don't want to lock up my engine.. :lol:

Wishing you all A Terrific Tuesday

Return to “Sew ins”