Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday March 7,2023

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tuesday March 7,2023

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:00 am

Good morning. It's going to be a beautiful day today. No rain until Thursday night. But beginning Friday we are supposed to have an "atmospheric river" which is the politically correct term for pineapple express. Seems the pineapples were offended by the term, and it had to be changed because as you know, it's all about not offending anyone or anything.

Got my grocery shopping done yesterday. Paid 54 cents per egg in my 18 count cartons of eggs. Prices were really crazy since the last time I shopped. $2 for one avocado. $3.99 per pound for tomatoes. For one pound of turkey breast lunch meat, they wanted $10.99. We do have some discount type stores in town who will likely get most of my business until prices go down, if they do. It will be no frills for a while. Glad I have a turkey and a ham in the freezer.

I was able to iron most of the fabric I will be using for my charity quilt. The goal is to have the pieces cut and ready for sewing at the next quilt meeting Saturday. The meeting will depend on the snow. It's likely that it will be cancelled because of the upcoming storm. I'm thinking my quilt will be a tossed 9 patch but it might be something else. Nothing like waiting till the last minute to decide.

I believe I will go do a load of laundry, and get started on my day. You all have a fantastic day
Chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:03 am

Good Sunny Blue Sky Morning............

We are going to be in the 40s all week. Strange, where was our Winter?
I'm going to put out the hummingbird feeder to day. I'm having great feelings of anticipation for my 1st BOM to come :D
A few uglies & 2 bills to pay. I'm sorry for my brain fart yesterday mixing Sue & Cindy. I'll keep this one secret from my girls.

Lois.......enjoy your snow! Don't you just hate when you forget one item after your scavengerhunt. I've been forgetting foil. Meet you at the washer.

Suzette........sorry to hear about your machine. Hope today it it's turn. I could never get the knack of free motion, I end up with so many corners. Maybe it's the machine's fault?

Val.......that is a very complicated feeding group. Some might have to cook for themselves. Sounds like a fun time. I can't imagine the difficulties always being on alert about your food.
Sleep well.

Judi......I hope your friend is quilt inspired by your visit. She 's lucky to have a sewing room. I would have to post all the children's games so I didn't miss any of them. Their all so cute.

Katy......he sounds like the perfect chiropractor for you. Enjoy your goulash I'm going to have avocado toast & a banana.

Flo......good luck with you chicks.

Maryz.... I checked those prices because miss reading prices is something I would certainly do. The store brand turkey breast is $3.49 a lb. & about 7lbs. What a shame. I checked the Walmart I do not understand some floss is $.53 and others $5.06. Why did I use 50 kWh less & the my bill was $70 more!! Someone fix this.
Thanks for the Becca update & Sue/Cindy too.

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:33 am

I finished up a little bee quilt yesterday. It's posted in photos.

Chriss, we had the Pineapple express in January. Hope you don't flood too much.

Well I'm off for a walk with Jack.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 am

Lori, you are so correct, we never flood. We barely rain. This year is anomaly. Weather is usually worse around us but not too bad on us. Happy walking
Psalm 91

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:16 pm

MaryZ - yes hubby has a wedge pillow. I joined a Facebook page for COPD and someone mentioned the wedge pillow. I got him one for Christmas and it works wonders. He is doing pretty well compared to this time last year. Thanks for the suggestion.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”