Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday March 6

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Monday March 6

Post by maryq » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:03 am

Good Morning Girls

I hate to admit this, but it is kind of pretty out my window this morning. No sunshine but there's a new layer of thick wet snow on all the trees. There's a huge evergreen green right out my little window by my desk that looks like a picture on a Christmas card! But wait, it's March and I really would prefer it melt and be warm and be SPRING!!

Valerie... Sounds like you are making quick progress on DD's quilt. It's for a wedding right? When is the wedding? My DD got married last April and I still haven't even figured out what to make for them!

Lois... A three hour tour? I hope you don't end up stranded on a desert island! As in Gilligan Island? :lol: :lol:

Suzette.... Oh Dear, so frustrating when a new machine doesn't work right! I took my emb machine in and it's still having a threading issue too. Hope they can fix it up for you quickly, but you do have a spare don't you? I have 3 extra machines here if you need one! :lol:

Diane... Do you think your house will sell quickly? I know things have slowed down a bit since the interest rates went up. It's kind of fun to start from scratch building again tho... you probably learned a few things building your current house that you would do again or change completely. In my house I had a window over the kitchen sink.... here I don't and I miss that!

Judi... I vote for Shrimp scampi..... with lots of garlic butter! So healthy right? :lol: I seem to fix myself the same stuff all the time too, cooking for one sucks even tho I try to try different things now and then. My DIL is a great cook and always tries new recipes she finds on line. She's even gotten me to eat spinach!

Jana.... You got the dry snow...we got the wet stuff! I could build a snowman in my front yard! Hope you find all the pasta you need tomorrow, every time I look for ring noodles or shell noodles the pasta aisle is empty! Usually I get groceries at Target and last time I was there, a lot of empty shelves, but then it was a Monday after weekend shoppers!

Izzy... Oh my goodness... I looked at the picture of your Farm Girl quilt!!! What a work of Art... All by Hand!!! That will surely be an heirloom. You were on my prayer list as I went to bed last night... sending good thoughts that you have a good day today.

Maryz... Yup, I can picture your room! My sewing room here is the same size as yours... and oh how I miss my spare bedrooms to hold my fabric stash! So sad to hear of Sue's news. Is her Dad still in WA. She's had a lot of sadness lately... Perhaps she will rejoin us when she is ready so we can lift her up!

Velda.. Did you have a management company for your HOA? At my place, it's us homeowners that are the Assoc. and I am the secretary but we have been talking about turning things over to a management company even though we don't want to do that. We have a few cranky homeowners here and in some ways it would be nice to not have to deal with them. But then the Fee goes way up!!

Chriss....In California they charge for bags? Canada does too. I absolutely hate the plastic ones and usually bring my own. My neighbor Katie makes "ugly grocery bags" and even with the ugliest fabric they are really kind of cute... they are shaped like the plastic ones with handles!

Well, I guess I better get in gear... need to make a few phones calls then get the sewing machines up and running!

Y'all have a great day!!!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:09 am

Good Sunny Moring.........

The very first warmish day I have I'm putting out the Hummingbird feeder. I have a new one & it's on the counter ready to go. They come so early.
I do not remember if I told you or not but there is a lot of hammering going on next door. I see new siding. I'm going to start praying for good neighbors.
When I Skype with DD1 I'm working on a embroidery kit she sent me when I was in the rehab. One of the flowers is a dull gold. Want to replace it with yellow or purple. I went on line to Walmart there was a yellow & purple on sale .53 for a 8.7yd skein. I'm crazy or can't read. Some 8.7yd skeins are $5.09. Just like that turkey breast & they are never 'that' big.
My electric finally took the jump they said was going to happen. I used 40 W
less & the bill was $60 more, cable went up $30. What's next?
Uglies for me today, one load of laundry washed & dried. Does anyone have Becca's new address? Can you PM me.

Val .......looks like you are moving right a long with that quit. Can't wait to see it. That is a wonderful quilt! I love it. At my Long Island I did a BOM of different buildings. I know I made it but I think it's so beautiful. It's my next hand quilting project. I'd be interested to know how much you turkey breasts are. That is very serious Celiac it must be difficult.

Lois........I like your owl quilt too. Why are they all so beautiful? Have a successful hunt.

Suzette........When I woke this morning I was thinking I was thinking of you & Cindy. Looking forward to seeing your quilts.

Diane.....I can't believe how fast your area built up. Will be nice to build a home that's just right for you now.

Judi.......I'll be there for dinner what ever you do with your shrimp. It's nice to cook for someone with an open mind about food.

Jana.......it seems to me that you are the one with the most snow. I think you got all the snow we didn't get. Happy quilting today.

Izzy....... so happy to hear you are feeling better. Lots of Prayers for you Dr appointment. It's been a long time since I did a all hand sewn quilt. It was my first quilt the quilting teacher insisted it be all done by hand. She wanted us to know the real meaning of quilting.

Maryz......it was a regular size turkey breast! I was just thinking of Cindy. So sad about he dog. And her Mom? She does need our prayers & some cards so she knows we are thinking of her.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:26 am

Good morning all! Just got back from running my morning errands. Stopped at Bob Evans and got a quart of their sausage gravy and 6 biscuits. That will make at least 2 lunches for me. Also went to the store and stocked up on salads. The Chief store here is local and they make all of their salads in store and they are really good. I go once a week and stock up on them to go with my meals.

I said I was having several colds but what I should have said is that my asthma has been really bad lately. I think of it as a cold. Normally not this bad but with such a rainy winter it has been worse. I have medicine for it though and it helps. Got my laundry done yesterday. I had 2 large loads and now I have to fold everything and put it away. With just me here now I usually only have to do it once a week.

Well, better get going before I lose what ambition I do have. Have a good and safe day everyone.
Sherry

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:52 pm

Maryq. This is the initial meeting. It has been in the hands of the developers. One more unit to sell, so time to turn it over to the owners. We are all very green about it. Only 12 units, so we are hoping it will go smoothly.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”