Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday March 3

Daily discussions.
billizzy

Friday March 3

Post by billizzy » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:03 am

Good morning 😊
Been a rough week here with lots of post op pain but I am trying to push through. I usually finish my work laying on couch thank goodness for backgrounds that cover up where I am during my sessions πŸ˜‚ then I hit hot shower and go to bed.
No sewing 🧡 here

Thought I would just drive by and check in. My wonderful church family sent us care package yesterday meals for a week so that’s helping dh out a lot. I go back to dr Wednesday for follow up and talk about what she saw and what is our next step. She did tell dh I would need another surgery so I guess we will schedule that too. πŸ₯΄

Need to read up prayers for all of you guys.

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitches 🧡
🐐izzy

mepeace2

Re: Friday March 3

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:52 am

Good Morning Izzy and all quilty buddies
Izzy sorry to here your are in so much pain. Hope you recover soon. I am sending prayers for your full recovery.
I am so busy ,working on spring house cleaning. I got the entrance way washed down curtains washed and winter stuff put away. Put out easter decorations. Got dinning room curtains washed and put up. will wash down walls tomorrow. I am on schedule. Thank goodness my new chiro is helping. Next week will be bathrooms turn. I am also trying to sew blocks for guilds BOM. One more block then I will start my MUMUs.
Of course I am still taking care of Barney. He is getting bigger and full of mischief.
Today is scavengerhunt day. Although I dont need much. I intend to use some sales to replace items.
O I also recieved my seeds for the garden. Ordered from Burrpee. Got two different cukes a small eating one (I have never grown before) and my favorite slicing one. Also two types of zuccinni . A package of lettuce mixed kind, and a spagetti squash. I am so ready for spring although we have had a very warm winter.
I hope we will go to lunch. I am in the mood for a homemade tenderlion.
Well I am off for more Java and walk Barney.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:54 am

Morning Izzy and all to follow,
Izzy what did you have surgery for? I hope you feel better soon.
Maryq, I am a cradle catholic, I am just taking classes to deepen my faith. They way I look at it, for years I took my kids to religious education and taught it to the little kids. Now its my turn.
Rainy here. Between last night and today we are expected to get 3 inches of rain.
Have a sew great day
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:12 am

Good morning Ladies

Izzy I hope you will feel better soon so nice of your church to give you food now DH can focus on you and your DD more without having to cook.

Today is house cleaning I finished wash yesterday.
We are do rain between this afternoon and into tonight.
I Emailed Nancy Halvorsen and got my answer she said there will be complete instructions in block 12 to put together the Quilt along with directions for block 12.

Well thats all the news from here have a great day.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:15 am

Good Morning it is gloomy here we are under a winter storm watch again,,,snow this afternoon maybe up to 10 inches depending how far north you go...I am south and do not expect much snow but the freezing part like last week is scarey...we have the generator ready iif needed, My pantry is stocked and freezer is full...so it is just a matter of the temps going up to the 40s this weekend...we can deal with the rain.
We have hockey sat,sun,and monday all play off games...so that is where we will be if it is not icey roads....
I have caught up with chores so no pressing matters. I will work on Jane today,,,,slow and steady. I did go to Art to Heart website and printed a couple of corrections and tucked then into the patterns,,,,so I will have them....no word on the patterns being out.
Well I need to get more coffee and make the bed,,,I will think about spring cleaning,,,,,(I said THINK )
Katy you always make me think of all the things I could do....I have 42 windows staring at me through the dirt.
Izzy is further surgery to remove more polyps?...I hope your pain goes away,,, Hope you have help with the farm and your DD.
Flo I guess there is always room for more knowledge...enjoy your classes...Faith is a good thing,
Everyone have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:36 am

Judi I wasn't aware there are corrections for on wander lane thanks for the info that will be this afternoons job from what I gather the rest of the patterns should be out by the end of this month but I don't care I'm not starting that project yet but would like at least block 12 before I go away at the end of the month will be going to P A to the quilt show and I want to go to a couple of quilt shops while I'm there.

Lois

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:45 am

Good morning everyone!

Izzy, prayers for your healing.

It was rocking here last night. The wind was blowing so hard at midnight, that this 54,000 # MH was shaking some with the gusts.

Not much new here. I'm working on lotto blocks.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:49 am

Good Morning Girls

oh my .... It's Friday... Where did this week go! It seemed to just sail on by!

Izzy... It must be ESP that you started us off this morning, I was just thinking about you last night. I remember you had a procedure done, but didn't remember that it was so painful for you! SO sorry you are in so much pain. Will send lots of good thought and prayers skyward for you today!

Katy.... Do you seriously wash the wall down all the time? Is that a thing? Am I supposed to be doing that too? Or are you crazy? I'm lucky if I get the bathroom floors mopped. They don't get too bad because I have no boys here! :lol: :lol: You like your new Chiro?

Flo.... Raised Catholic here, tho my faith has taken a different direction in my old age. I am a huge believer in the power of prayer and have seen it work in my life. But I do believe sometimes God says "No". Prayers aren't always answered in the way we expect.

Lois.... When you are done cleaning your house... you wanna run over and do mine too? Tomorrow is chore day here for sure as I've been ignoring a lot of dust lately! I find if I walk around the house without my glasses on ... things look pretty good!

Judi... OH NO Not windows!!! It can't be time for windows!!! But on the other hand, that's a good sign... means spring can't be too far away!

Maryz.... OH my gosh.. I'm here before you this morning. That's got to be a first!!!! Hope that doesn't mean there's something a-miss in Seattle this morning.

This morning I'm up a little earlier than normal as I need to jump in the shower soon. I'm headed over to sit with KC in her meeting with the State Ombudsman about her care etc at the facility. It should be interesting. :roll: After that I have a few errands to run, then pick up Evie from school and take her to work.

See you all tomorrow.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:55 am

Good morning!

We are party ready. The fun stuff today, no cleaning, just decorating and arranging flowers. That's the good part, bad part is, I put away my sewing, so my sawtooth stars are on hold until tomorrow afternoon! LOL! A quick trip to Costco for lots of pretty flowers. No roses, I'm allergic to those.

Oh, no snow today, but will happen tomorrow late. We have tons of snow up in the mountains and hope for more and a slow spring warm up for melting, that way no flooding.

Sew for me, prayers for all, stay warm!
Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:21 am

Good morning,

IZZY - sorry you are in such discomfort. I hope your doctor can give you some solutions. When you hurt so much from the first surgery, it's kind of a teeth-gritting endeavor to go and make an appt to go again! The week of meals was a very generous gesture. I hope you are getting even more assistance from parishioners or neighbors. Your plate is always overflowing even when you are in the best of health.

KATY - Your house must be sparkling by now! I washed my walls, too. Once. in 2015. I never knew we were supposed to wash them twice a year! I guess I'm behind in my chores! :lol: I remember - 45 years ago - buying seeds from Burpee. It was exciting the day the seeds arrived! Will you grow any pumpkins or tomatoes? How about kohlrabi? I LOVE kohlrabis - raw - but they are old fashioned and no one grows them anymore.

LYN - I was wondering how Texas was faring in the storm. Was it worse at the coast than further inland - say in Bee Cave?? I haven't heard anything from my kids, but then I usually don't unless I specifically ask.

FLO - I hope you are enjoying your classes. I, too, am a cradle Catholic. I went to St. Leo's Catholic school all 12 years (as did my mom and sisters). I used to teach CCD classes when my kids were little, worked Bingo, and served coffee and doughnuts after early Mass. I've done it all! At 89 (come March 20) my brother still occasionally serves Mass. We three sisters contacted Guinness Book of Records to see if he was the oldest altar boy on record. Nope! He has to make it to 100 yrs old to break that record!

LOIS - I should probably join you dancing with the mop today, too. And I might. The day is still young. :D

JUDI - so, how did our Kracken do last night against your Redwings? Did we win? AGAIN?? πŸ’ :D I've listened to Katy before, too, and all it got me was 2 weeks of UGH-lies! She's a bad influence!

KATHY - I'm glad Kimberly's dad and his lawyer are helping her through this mess. I pray it all turns out OK. And a fresh hot bread smell will certainly boost your spirits! Next time you lose your post, try hitting the ctrl and z keys. It might undo whatever you just did to lose the post. Works for me about 75% of the time. A little trick from my geeky hubby.

CHRISS - You and I are in a scrap race! You with your charms and me with my crazies. I'm glad you don't have all the snow the folks further up the mountains have! Seeing the pictures on the news made me claustrophobic! I pray they are all OK. I know you are Jerry are off to his PET scan this morning. Prayers and crossed fingers going along with you.

JANA - you are party ready! And it's good to have a fun goal for afterwards. Sewing! I don't know about fun for today. Katy's got me looking at my favorite cobwebs and wondering if maybe it's time to relocate some of my 'residents'.

MARY Q - Yes, you beat me here this morning. For some reason I overslept and didn't get up until 5:45.
That never happens. But I've been typing here for over an hour while I sipped my coffee. Looks like yesterday you were running from thing to thing like a squirrel chasing the choicest nuts! Now, besides housework chores, you've got me thinking laundry. And heaven help me, but Judi mentioned windows! Argghhh.....!! And yes, after chiro on Wed and massage on Thurs my hips are much better - and they've both been working on my hands and they are about 80% improved! Hallalujah!! God bless them both! You are a good friend to go sit in on the meetings with KC today.

LORI - yes, "Main Street" has a lot of cute shops. You girls who are doing OWL are getting me in the mood to get it out and sew along with you.

DIANE - when the right house or property comes along, you will know it. If you build, would you use a similar floor plan to the house you built 5 yrs ago or would you go more with an eye to the future? like one story, wider doorways, etc? I'm so done with stairs. For now, I think of them as exercise. But I worry that one of us might not be able to do stairs at some point in time.

VELDA - I hate sleepless nights, too. I hope your DH got some good rest.

Yesterday we were on the road a lot - 15 miles east to drop truck off for airbag recall work. Then back to Gig Harbor for my massage appt. Afrer that we hit the road again and went 30 miles north to pick up a gun safe DH ordered. Home again to get supper prepped and then back to Tacoma to pick up our pick-up. We stopped at Joann's and I found only 4 mens' shirt patterns, 2 Simplicity and 2 McCalls and the store had none of them! Then I looked at the 36" cutting mats (mine is 20 yrs old and almost mush). They are $90 now but 40% off sale started today. And Bill surprised me by ordering one for pick-up (for $53)! He earned his keep for the day! In between all the running around I made 20 more crazy blocks. I have one loosely packed large tote of scraps I'm working from. I am making 5.5" blocks and each of my blocks has an average of 5-7 pieces - any size, shape, color. I have 176 sewn into the quilt so far, and another 105 blocks made and ready for gold feather stitching on the seams. I need to make about another ~140 blocks. I'm going to measure my bed today and see just how big I want to make this puppy. I might get out my Main Street today, too, just to see if I am still happy with all the fabrics I chose for it. Maybe I can use more scraps!!

My Autumn is 34 weeks today! Praise God!

Have a happy scrappy day!
mary z
>^+^<

Return to β€œSew ins”