Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday March 2nd 2023

Daily discussions.
KATHYSQUILTS

Re: Thursday March 2nd 2023

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:44 am

Good Cloudy Morning.......

Oh, grumpy-itus. I just lost my whole post! It took so long to type.

All the snow & ice is melting. My driveway is half covered in ice & the plow man didn't finish plowing due to ice. I called a sand/salt man he was due to day but he called to say I should check the ice & let him know if I still needed. With the warm temps last night & 40* + now the ice is melting. So I'll wait a day. I'll try to chop some to help it along.

I never got to make the bread the other day. I got a phone call from DD1. She was told she is being subpoena for an old long over due credit card from her marriage. She left CA & the abusive husband 14 years ago! With her father's help she got all the debt paid off and there was a lot of it. She signed the forms but he never field income taxes. After she left him, he went to live on the streets with his drugs & alcohol. Now it looks like she owes $25,000. Her father's lawyer is looking into it. Thanks for letting me rant. I have strong negative feeling toward this man it's a good thing God loves him.

I think I'll make the bread today. The house could use some warming & good bread smell. And I can have it with my tuna tonight.

I have to go now, getting late

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:54 am

Good morning beautiful ladies. It's going to be a great day today. The sun is brightly shinning, the snow is almost melted on the mountain outside my window. Just waiting for all this water to dry out. Sure would like a week of 70 degree weather but will have to settle for the 40's and put up with a little rain here and there.

It could always be so much worse. I could live at a much higher elevation and be one of the people with snow so high it covers their cars, and snow loads on their roof's that make it cave in. I also could be surrounded by falling trees. These people will have been without power for a week already, no way in or out. On the upside people are helping each other and trying to get supplies to the homebound. The pictures I've seen on FB are just incredible. I can't remember this much snow ever. The bulk of the snow is where the big fire (Detweiler) was over the summer. Imagine their mudslides when it all melts.

Jerry has his PET scan tomorrow early in the morning. Today he has to eat high protein, low carb, no sugar or caffeine. After midnight it's water only, he can take his medicine. That means I am in charge of dinner tonight. I have some asparagus, and cauliflower rice that will either be had with chicken or perhaps steak, both are thawing in the fridge. I'm leaning towards lemon chicken.

After finishing up my lotto blocks yesterday, I sewed together some more 5 inch charms. I now have 400 sets of two. I have enough charms to make probably another 100 sets. I'll sew these into 4 patches, square them up and make a heaven only knows what size quilt or quilts. Getting these all sewn together will reduce the number of scraps I have. But there are so many more sitting in a tote ready to be used.

Kathy, prayers for your daughter, and hugs for you. Glad her dad is able to help her.

Today will be more sewing, hope you girls have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:25 am

Hello it's me again Nancy got back to me block 12 will have the complet of the quilt as well as block #12

Lois

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:40 pm

Thanks for the info Lois. The patriotic one is really cute. I'm going to make that one next.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:50 pm

I looked up On Wander Lane quilt and there is a picture on Shabby Fabrics. It's really cute. I might redo my block with the alternate background to look like that one.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”