Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 1,2023

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Wednesday March 1,2023

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:36 am

Chriss, love the picture of your son and his wife.

Maryq, we are winners! Let's see who gets the quilt done first once we both have our blocks.

Jana, Yay....Snow! We had rain all day yesterday and over night. That's probably what you're getting now.

Maryz, is that the one you started with scraps during 2020?

Judi, I hate getting my eyes dilated too. I make afternoon appointments so it doesn't mess up my whole day.

Flo, Green Valley Lake got even more snow than Big Bear. The roads going up the mountain have been closed quite a bit.

Lois, I started making the "On Wander Lane" shamrock house block. I thought I would try and do one a month. I just used fabrics I already have. It's very cute.

I'm sure there will be sewing sometime today. It's raining, so the walk will be postponed until it stops. Probably before noon.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:20 am

Good morning. There is a strange light in the sky which has turned form grey to blue and white. Lots of snow on the mountain but Thank the good Lord there is no snow in my yard. I pray that today and the rest of this week are meant for drying out and warming up. Gosh darn I am so over the snow. My rants of "we need the water" have been muted.

Looking at different weather sites I see we should still get rain this month but should see the mid 40's to the mid 60's. yay for warming up.

Here's a funny. Jerry is making toast. Moose was laying around until the toaster popped up, Moose is now closer to the toaster than Jerry is. Stinky dog.

Lois, I finished in the laundry room yesterday so it's all yours. Enjoy.

Flo, Yosemite got 14 feet of snow in some places. It's closed until further notice. The pictures are amazing. Hope you are dry and warm.

Judi, hope your eye appointment goes well. Enjoy Jane.

Velda, I'm thinking today will be taco day. We missed it yesterday, We just don't eat as much as we used to so don't cook dinner every night.

Maryz, yay for big foot binding. I now sew mine like you do yours, back to front. I'm trying to figure out how to sew in my labels like you do.

Maryq, congrats on winning those blocks, It will be a gorgeous quilt.

Jana, now that there is a truck to pull the trailer where will the first trip be?

Lori, you are a winner in my book. Enjoy those blocks. Did I see you make a challenge to MQ about who finishes their quilt first? I think she will have a head start. Reminds me of when my son was little and we would be driving home and he would ask what time we would get there. I tried to explain that I was in control because I could slow down or speed up, so whatever time I picked would win. I'm going to be in the sewing room soon, see you there.

Carol, yes, I certainly did get the family gold. I am the most blessed person in my whole family.

Well, if I am going to meet Lori in the sewing room I had best get dressed and have some breakfast. Perhaps a shower is in order. You girls have a marvelous day, hopefully filled with sunshine.

Chriss
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:18 am

Back from the eye appt..I can barely see the keyboard. I asked the gal to lighten up on the eye drops and she did...It lasts at least 6 hrs...And since the sun is shining my house is very bright. wearing sun glasses in the house....
Jana My surgeon has to see in there and he only way to examine is if the eyes are dialated. I go next week for my glasses check and dont need dialation for that,,,Oh and my cateracts have not gotten worse either so I am good till November,,,,they replaced my nose pieces for free...now my glasses are more comfortable xxxxoooo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Lori I want to finish collecting the patterns then I will look and see what I will use.

Lois

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:47 pm

This is the Shamrock "On Wander Lane." Lots of changing out thread color to button hole stitch around the shapes. I still need to add some hand embroidery.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:07 pm

Lori: that is awesome!! Really cute
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:01 pm

Lori -Cute!

I have been watching the website for the release of the rest of the pattern in the On Wander Lane. Supposedly they are due this month, I hope so! I am on her list for notifications, so will let y'all know as well.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:38 pm

Lori that is so cute,,,I keep watching the web site for the rest of the patterns, so far no up date. She messaged me to follow her on facebook....which I will do. For further info on the patterns...I will get them all before I start.
Facebook says patterns due out end of feb, fabric ships in may

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:52 am

I follow her on Instagram Lori your block is really nice I have the first six that came out now just waiting on the other six are you doing yours scrappy I probably won't start doing this until the fall.

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”