Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday March 1,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday March 1,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:54 am

Good Morning Happy National Quilting Month,
Today wash is on the list along with sewing
There isn't to much to say I have been watching the news they say they are watching snow for New Jersery for Friday night into Saturday but thats ok we have no where we have to be :lol: .

Well thats all the news from here.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

FlorenceM

Re: Wednesday March 1,2023

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:02 am

Morning Lois and all to follow,
Lous snow here in Missouri on Friday....hope mother nature changes her mind. Watching local news here in Missouri and they reported Big Bear California, where I used to live ,got 7 feet of snow! So glad I am not there to shovel snow....brrrrr.
Today is just catch up day. I may bake bread. .
Have a sew great day
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:07 am

Good morning it is sunny and going to 45 today...I'll take it. I have an appointment to see my eye surgeon today,,,I love him but i hate getting my eyes dialated...It seems to screw me up for most of the day. I wont have proper vision till maybe 2-3 this afternoon and I hate the feeling. Dr says it is because I have very light colored eyes they seem to react to the drops more than dark colored eyes. Either way I am not happy... I get my retina checked every 6 months due to a wrinkle...yes a wrinkle in the retina It doesnt get worse but they need to watch it...( I think my mother had something similar)
I did get another row on Jane yesterday,,,not much progress. It will get done just not soon.
Hope your day goes well...mine will be napping or listening to an audio book....till my eyes clear....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHappy Quilting Month,,,,,lots of sales out there

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:29 am

Judi I have the eye Dr next week and to boot it's not with my normal Dr he is out on sick leave so we are to see the head of the group so yes I hate eyes dilated mine it never wears off for a few hours .

Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:41 am

Good morning everyone! Hump day as we used to call it years ago in a "work week". Now the days go by so fast. Yesterday was busy, but today is more calm. Still need to get shower, dress, exercise, dust my floors, then off to sew until time for supper. We had taco salad yesterday, so tonight is leftovers.
Well off to finish my coffee and get my day going.
Yesterday's grocery shopping went well for a change! I ended up with all my items checked off my list. Cupboards full should last us for maybe two weeks??? I counted it as successful this time. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Have a great day.
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:43 am

Good morning,

Happy beginning of National Quilting Month.

LOIS - National news says another big storm is sweeping across the country. It was here in early week. You're welcome. Are you sewing bibs? That "snapgun" sounds interesting. I have something similar left from my scrapbooking days. Since I keep thinking I'm done with clothes-making, I probably won't invest in one for fabric. I have a small tool and a hammer that works. I just need snaps with longer prongs to go through all the layers of heavy fabric. Good luck at eye dr. My eyes are back to normal within a couple of hours when they've been dilated.

CHRISS - that photo of Glorich is beautiful! And just as beautiful is your dad's thoughtfulness. He's quite a guy! But then, I think you know that.

MARY Q - I'm glad you know when to fold 'em. Your friendship with KC is almost identical to my sister & DBIL's (Al & Tina) relationship with "Sue" (their KC). It started the same way - helping clear out big mess several yearsa go, and eventually they were doing more and more. Sue has similar disabilities as KC, distant family who don't want to be part of her life. Al & Tina visit, take her to dr appts, lunches, etc at least once a week. Sue has taken several falls and calls Al in middle of night to come pick her up. Once he had to call 911 to break down her door. She had a hip fx. They are angels, just like you. But the similarities are almost eerie. BTW, have you checked Feb lotto winners yet? :D

KATHY - is your bread recipe one that you make a starter and then it requires care and feeding? I'm worse with starters than I am with house plants. I kill them all!

JANA - so is Sarah's kitchen all finished now? And are you and your house ready for the big party this weekend?

FLO - 7 feet of snow?? Where people live or up in the mountains?? I love snow, but I'm only 5' tall (almost). I would get claustrophobic. Glad you moved!

JUDI - Are you in line for this next big storm? We're 29* this morning, dry, and going to mid forties. We've got camping rezzies March 20-24 at the ocean. I hope Ma Nature turns her calendar soon and realizes it will be spring then. Good luck at eye dr. I don't mind having my eyes dilated. It only lasts a few hours and doesn't really bother me. My eyes are kind of a pale turquoise color (my favorite color, as it happens). Maybe I'm not getting the same dilation treatment you are . . ,

VAL - Are you setting up your sewing room yet? Have you visited Dad? Is he content? And how are the wedding plans coming along? And the wedding quilt?

VELDA - glad you got everything on your list. The past two years, our usual Costco list has left us with several holes on our pantry shelf. Though we found several of our missing items when we stopped at Costco in Tuscon so we stocked up big time while we could. I guess it pays to shop around. But it's a heck of a commute for mustard!

Yesterday I put binding on Bob's Bigfoot quilt. Just plain black binding that goes well with both front and back of the quilt. Today I will make a label. We'll deliver it in May when we go for Betsy's celebration of life. Then I played in my scraps and made another twenty 5.5" crazy blocks. Today is chiro and then back to the sewing room. To make this quilt the size I want (king with 16" drop - about 100" x 110") I need a total of 440 blocks. I'm more than halfway there. I have 1/3 of the top all done and sewn together, another 70 blocks made and ready for gold fancy stitching on the seams, and I still have about 190 blocks to make. I kind of go into a zen place, making these blocks. I'm doing machine feather stitching in gold thread over the seams on the blocks. I won't use batting in this project. The blocks are backed with muslin so that will act as my "batting". I'm planning for this to be more of a coverlet than a quilt. I want to be able to lift it when it's done! :lol:

Sew on!
mary z
>^+^<

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:21 am

Maryz I also am 5feet tall.....here I get 4 seasons but more ice than snow. When icy, I stay home.
Flo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:42 am

Good morning!

It's, what else, snowing! My littles are here awaiting breakfast before school this morning.

Judi - my doctor has a machine that checks my macula without dilating my eyes. It takes a picture and scans each eye. No drops!

Almost ready for Saturday party.

Well, need to feed hungry charges,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:09 am

Hey Girls

Just a fly by.... friend Peggy is coming for coffee and I gotta shine up a little and get in the shower...

I did see where Lori and I won the lotto!! How cool is that! I'll do my best to get it put together sooner than later. Will sort the blocks this afternoon so I can get them in the mail tomorrow or Friday!

I'll stop back this afternoon to give y'all a proper How-dee-do!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:26 am

Back -

Still snowing.

Sarah is making the school run for me, so I'm home for awhile. Ethan and Karlie have short day, then after I get them, I'll get Gracie. Aaron drops them off as he starts his shift. Boy, don't do anything wrong in my neighborhood, he checks there first! Already gave out three tickets for snow event parking.

Today is floors. Yoohoodi will do the rugs, I'll do the kitchen.

Sandee found a new to her truck to pull her new fifth wheel. It's a Dodge Ram 3500 diesel. It already has the steps so she can climb in it. She's 5'2", if she stands up real tall! All I got out of Daniel, he went with her, is that's its white. The truck is still at the dealership and we pick it up tomorrow. Sandee is selling Scott's car to CarMax. They offered $7000 more than the dealership. So she has a great down payment. The RV is still being detailed. Sandee bought it at the big RV show, so the RV place is backed up on delivery, which is fine with Sandee. They took her motor home in as basically a swap. She gets a bit of money from them.

So Lila is with me today, we are having Grandma School. She'll be my little helper and learn how to clean. LOL! Dusting is her learning assignment. Kari has been teaching Lila how to answer a business 0h9ne call. It's a hoot to hear Lila say, Good morning, this is Lila, how may I help you. She's getting the hang of it. She's 4.

Well, I guess today's "school" lesson needs to start,

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Return to โ€œSew insโ€