Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tues....Feb 28/ 2023

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tues....Feb 28/ 2023

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:27 am

Good morning. What a beautiful day it will be today. I haven't seen the actual sun in a few days and the sky is still grey (or is it gray?). Snow is starting to melt on the mountain getting ready for another batch. We should see rain later today then depending on which weather report you get we might start drying out. I feel bad for those who have been out of electricity since friday and have snow so deep they can't get out. I am very thankful.

I got a notice that dad sent me something via ups that will be here today, my driveway probably can't take the ups truck, it still needs a bit more drying out. I wish I could put a huge weight on the bottom of the driveway and squeeze out the water like a sponge. It would help the gravel to settle and firm things up. Not sure what Dad sent but the UPS notice says it weighs 2 pounds. It being that heavy it could be the family fortune in gold.

Jerry finally received the appointment for his PET scan. It will be on Friday the 3rd (Marilyn's 20th birthday) Two weeks after that we will get the results, on the 17th.

Kathy, I've never heard of the method you are using to make bread; however, you make it homemade bread smells wonderful and is so good dripping in butter. What are you sewing?

Lois, I bet the bibs are cute, you make so many neat things. I'm almost done in the laundry room if you need to get in there. Seems we often meet there. Oh, and as I read further I see you have a new snap toy to play with. enjoy.

Judi, Pizza sounds good. I have some rotisserie chicken thawing out. I think I will add some veggies to it and melt some cheese over it and call it dinner.

Diane, Have DH checkout Velda's instructions on posting pictures, they are step by step and easy to follow. If DH needs help posting that picture I can do it for you. Email it to me chrmoo at hotmail dot com. I so want to see it.

Maryz, I love refrigerator potluck for dinner. It seems that we don't cook enough to have many leftovers lately.

Jana, Jerry and I were just saying the snow was pretty but so very white. It is beautiful,

Maryq, so glad you know when to say no. I had trouble learning that for many years and am just able to say it now. It's good to have you as a friend, she is a very lucky lady. Ugh, the old man. He's doing pretty good. I know he will be better when he knows what is going on and can have a plan. He's not driving me nuts enough so that I choke him but if he were to walk by me I might give him a mom look.

Well, lucky me, UPS showed up. They didn't drive up my driveway thankfully. Instead they walked it halfway up my driveway and left it in a plastic bag near a tree. My son and DIL went to her sister's wedding and texted my parents and me this picture taken at the wedding. I said it needs a frame. Well, the best dad in the universe, put it in a frame and sent it to me via UPS. Here is my mom moment in the son.

Hope you all have a smile maker today like the one my dad sent to me
Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:16 pm

Chris your "kids" are so very gorgeous.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:24 pm

Chriss you have a very thoughfull father they are Gorgeous Kids.

Lois

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:26 pm

Chriss,

They are a very handsome couple. Guess you got the family fortune after all!

Carol

Return to “Sew ins”