Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday February 27th 2023

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: Monday February 27th 2023

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:21 am

Hi again, The quilt I am making is called "Jane Austen coverlette quilt" it appears to be the only quilt made by Jane Austen and her sister and mother. I was originally EPP, but Riley Blake made it into a pieced quilt. ( I wonder if EPP would have been easier) I did not purchase the kit ($250) but did purchase the center medallion and the border fabric. The original border was over 2500 tiny squares, but Riley Blake kindly printed it on fabric...to fit the quilt. Fitting the preprinted border to the quilt will be a major challenge. I am hoping I can get this top done as it is stunning, The original was not quilted but just backed, and called a coverlette...No batting was used,,,it is currently on display in England at Jane Austen's home. I will make mine into a quilt...hope this info helps and if anyone out there is crazy enough to do this quilt let me send you a sympathy card....xxxxxooooo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:43 am

Judi that quilt is a beauty I don't that I want the challenge.

Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:53 pm

Maryq -

I take Ocuvite vitamins for my macula. The doctor was very pleased as it looked slightly better than 6 months ago. There's just one small spot, in my left eye that is being watched. It's a family history of macula is why they are watching mine so closely. There's a new vitamin, reformulated for macula that I will be switching too. Other than that, there's really no other treatment until you reach a much higher level of problems.

So it was a good report, so we went shopping to celebrate. I needed some fake - silk- plants for my new livestock in my house. Daniel bought me for my BD two ceramic plant holders. One is a sheep, the other a chicken. They are big.. The sheep is named Shawn and the chicken is Clara. I kill, even before they make it into the house, real plants. The silk ones and I get along very well. Then I found a very tall vase, red! It's large and about 3ft tall. It will go up on my tall plant walls in the great room. Also some Easter decorations jumpedcin my cart, a adorable bunny and a duck! This store can be very dangerous! It's a home decor store, called At Home. And we didn't even go to the favorite consignment store, which has all the old antique things I love. If I go there, Michael makes me file a EIR- environmental impact report - where's it going, where's it being stored when not out and finally how much! LOL!

OK, uglies are calling,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:26 pm

Good afternoon all! Just a quick stop in to let you know I am still alive. Have had a bad cold these last few days so haven't done much but sit in my recliner and watch TV. Hope to get back to feeling better and reading all the posts I have missed. Boy are we having a doozey of a rainstorm today. My ditches are full and the ponds are really full. At least it is better than snow. The weatherman says we are to have almost 2 inches before it is done. Hope all of you are staying dry and safe.

Have a good and safe day
Sherry

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:51 pm

Judi: The Jane Austin Coverlet is awesome!! OMG! You are brave to tackle a project such as this. Maybe we all should be sending you sympathy cards. 🤗
Maryz: Yes, Lyn and I used to bead together at the club house with lots of other gals. However, Lyn is way more talented. Those flowers are awesome. There were quite a few ladies that beaded all the time, but didn't I don't think they had interests in other hobbies like Lyn and myself. I do miss those days at the clubhouse.
But I have a happy life now in our happy neighborhood too .
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”