Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, Feb 8th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Wednesday, Feb 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:24 am

Good morning,

I think we're going to be 50* today and flirt with Old Sol a bit! Yay!!

LYN - you had a busy day logging your property line! Nice of the guy to help you. Your weather must be improving quite a lot. A&A didn't get power back until last Saturday and it was another day before they had hot water. Antonio said they felt like they were living like a king and queen when they finally were able to take showers!

LOIS - I think my ghost quilt is about the same size. I just cut 4" squares and started sewing. I figured this quilt was for snuggling and thumb-sucking when someone was reading the book to her. And yes, our Kumquat is a thumb-sucker already. We saw the ultrasound. :D

VELDA - Nice to have the Quilty Gang back together!

JANA - I've been very curious to know - how did the meeting at the school go last night? Was the principle there, too, as well as the teacher? And did you landscaper show up? And did you sew?

MARY Q - I think we'd ALL love to be sitting by the pool with Judi and sipping margaritas!! (or a tequila sunrise. Cindy made me one of those when we visited and it was pretty good, too! Tequila, OJ, and a bit of grenadine. 😋) Since you asked, my trees are all pieced and the Bigfoots will be appliques.

KATHY - I'm wondering if your grand-turtle might be outgrowing his tank the way your grand-people outgrew their shoes . . . . Sad to hear about your friend who lost her husband skiing. How long had they been married? Sounds like it was a very short while.

JUDI - How is the relaxing going? Are you still making hexies and yo-yo's or are you sewing them together now? Is there a TV out on the patio? Or do you go inside to watch evening shows? I love audio books. I'm on my fourth one since I started my Bigfoot project. I've "read" a Joanne Fluke, a Sue Grafton, and 2 Krista Davis stories. I download them from the library onto my phone.

KATHY - so sorry you were so cold!! Maybe you should have gone to a warming center or a library, or a church, or a neighbor?? We are a little touchy about our people being so cold after losing our neighbor to hypotermia in Dec.

I have five more trees to make, then I can start laying the blocks out and decide how many Bigfoots I want. I'm thinking 2 complete ones, in reversed positions, and then maybe one "backside" as he disappears into the trees, and one "front" as he is emerging from trees. All sprinkled around the quilt. I'll just see. JUDI texted me some fabric she found that would make an awesome backing - Bigfoot in trees! So we ordered it PDQ! But today, I have a chiro appt, then quick stop at grocery store, pick up mail, and then home to make chicken pot pies. A friend is having day surgery today (a couple toes amputated) and I promised to make them supper and deliver it to their oven this evening. My recipe makes two pies so guess we'll be having chix pot pie, too!

Hope your day is full of fun, fabric, and friends!
mary z
>^+^<

Becca

Re: Wednesday, Feb 8th

Post by Becca » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:50 am

Hello everyone It willbe 69 here today yesterday was 64 with full sun I love it because I can be outside to walk
Trying to adjust to all that’s new in my life
I will go to retirement village I late Spring I am with Denise & Mark Our gathering on Saturday was so nice All the family except 1
I did go to Hobby lobby yesterday and got project to start
Everyone leads such busy lives I have missed everyone & hope alls well from all sickness Hugs & love Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:17 am

BECCA - it's so wonderful to see you posting again! 💗 I'm happy to see you are able to get out and enjoy your sunny walks again. And starting a new project! Are you selling your house?

mary z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:22 am

Rainy day, we need it.

MaryZ, a thumb sucker already. lol Prayers that Aut goes full term.

Becca, how wonderful to see you post. I hope you found a fun project.

It took me quite a while yesterday, but I have the property line marked. I had both neighbors look at it, so all agreed it's in the right place. I will be working inside today. Have some papers to sort and some laundry to do.
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 am

Good morning g. Sitting by the pool with my audio book. It is called. “before we were yours”. A tragic story. About children stolen from their homes
Es and sold to wealthy families In an adoption sceme. Nothing is planned today so I will
Sit and relax. We may go out to an antique shop or thrift store. I cannot buy too much as we are limited on room. Hope your all enjoying your day it is too early for adult beverages. But I’m
Sure they will
Come laterXxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooo

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:38 am

Good Morning!

Hey... where is everybody!! I'm usually the last one here!!

Oh.... Judi's on the beach, Chriss is "up north" Lois is, hmmmm where could Lois be?
And Jana? And Velda?

Maryz.... I'm here! Too funny that I'm so late! I was awake at 0800, but was in the middle of a dream with Matthew McConnahey and I wanted to go back and see what happens. (Darn.. nothing :lol: ) Isn't it wonderful that we all watch out for each other---that Judi found the purrrfect fabric for you!

Becca... Oh my goodness... It's SO good to see you!!! So glad you were able to check in ... When you get all settled in to your new place, you'll have to let us know how you like it. The townhouse I moved is all pretty much all "Old folks" but it's really nice--- we watch out for each other! And what new project are you starting?

Lyn.. I happen to know a really good land surveyor if you need someone to come mark your lines! My son Shawn is! Though I don't think I could get him to Texas... unless you promised him some really good fishing!

Judi... I read that book! It's amazing!! In fact, I read "The Baby Thief" which is the real story of the woman in your book. I've been reading just about everything by Lisa Wingate that I can get my hands on. If you haven't read/listened to "The Prayer Box" It's wonderful!!!

Not sure what all I did yesterday, but it sure wasn't sewing! Ran to PO and mailed off the Lotto Winnings to Teresa, came home and just kind of puttsed around! I did make a LARGE Pot of chicken noodle soup though---nummy. Froze a lot of it.
Today I have an Assn. Board meeting (I'm the secretary) but other than, I for sure am going to hit the sewing room today!

So if you need me... that's where I'll be!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:41 am

Mornin. We head home tomorrow. I'm on my tablet typing with one finger so this will be quick. I will catch up when I get home

We go to dinner tonight which is the official birthday party. I will be happy to get home

It will be a beautiful day today and clear weather for travel tomorrow

You have a marvelous day
Psalm 91

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:37 am

Good morning Everyone,

I'm late getting on here today we had a nine o'clock chiropractor apt for a tune up then afterwards Bill dropped me off at hobby lobby I went to look around I noticed some bibs made out of gauze fabric that they call muslin
And I noticed hobby lobby had some but it was just gauze so when I go back next week I will look at it further that try of fabric would be good for burp clothes and bibs.
I only purchased 2 yards of flannel .
Mary that is so kind of you to make and bring your friend food.
Becca it is so good to see you posting again and yes it's nice to walk in the sunshine.
Chriss it nice to go away but it's even better when you get home I hope your Uncle has a super duper birthday.
Judi by now you should have a nice hard beverage in your hand enjoy drink 1 for me.
Mary Q you even beat me today.

Well thats all the news here have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:41 am

Good morning!

Gracie is dropped off at school, Lila and Michael are fed and I can come here now. Wednesday mornings will be a bit hectic for a couple of months while Kate is in the Academy. Aaron has adjusted his start of shift slightly too.

Today will be the start of some major cleaning. Kitchen cabinets are on the radar. Need to get party ready, as we will be having a luncheon here at my house, after Gracie's baptism. That's on March 4th.

Hope to sew today too.

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:49 am

Good Cloudy Morning.......

40* for me today. Today is a few uglies, laundry & sewing.
Here I an again asking for prayer. Kimberly found a irregular, raised mark on her arm yesterday. Suddenly appeared. Now waiting for a visit from the Dr.
Please not one more thing added to her long list......

Maryz.......OH Mary I just love the name Kumquat((((HUGS))))). I can't envision how big a 40gal tank is, but I can envision a 12" turtle. I do have a plan to go to a local motel, I waited too long. Last night we were supposed to have high winds & rain/snow. Nothing. I do not know my neighbors except for across the road(in FL). they are all very young. Your a angel to make your friend a pot pie.

Becca......I like envisioning you walking in the sunshine. A good time to think & Pray. Your in a good place with family around. It's always good to start a new project. What did you pick? Post more often please.

Lyn......what a excellent idea to have the neighbors there to see the markings.

Judi........that is a sad story. do any ever make it home? Sounds like you are having a wonderful relaxing time...happy for you.

Maryq.......I had soup yesterday & made some biscuits, added some left over cheddar & lots of fresh pepper so good. Happy sewing.

Chriss.......Prayers for safe travel for tomorrow. It's difficult to do one finger......slow. I'm a 2 finger typer.(I know that word id not right)looked it up it's typist still 2 fingered. Enjoy tonight's dinner.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”