Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday february 7th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Tuesday february 7th

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:18 am

Good Morning it is light out and cloudy in the 60s...We had company that stayed til 11 last night, it was a lot of fun but made for a late night, Highlight of the evening was a rocket was launched from Cape Kanaveral and was fun to see in the night sky. I have only seen 2 rocket launches here,,,always an impressive thing,,to see something that big fly into space.
Today is a stay at home and sit by the pool day yesterday we did some grocery shopping,,,It will be my turn to cook today and I will make chicken sliders and perhaps my sis will or friend will do some potato salad.
I am in the middle of a good book so that will be my plan....Or i could do some sewing out on the patio,,,it is screened in and we have taken all our meals out there so far.
Hope you all are enjoying your days......I know we are,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Re: Tuesday february 7th

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:20 am

Morning Judi and all to follow,
Yesterday was a nice quiet day. Joe worked on fence line and after I got uglies done, I managed to get a start on hand sewing doilies onto fabric..
Today we will hit Sam's Club. Supposed to start raining in afternoon , so once we get home I will get back to my sewing.
We don't watch state of Union, never have, so we will watch movies I guess .
Have a sew great day
Flo

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:27 am

Good morning Judi,

Today will be a stay at home day here as well I have some wash that needs to be done and Billy has a dr apt .

I will be sewing in between wash loads I have the pink ghost quilt all sewn in rows now to iron and sew the other way.

Mary Q I showed Bill your fabric and he said that's very impressive.

Well thats all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:03 am

Good rainy morning,

For everyone who's expecting a storm soon, we are enjoying it today. 🌧️

JUDI - Things appear to be going very well for you! What a great way to start a vacation! 😎

LOIS - how big are you making your ghost quilts?

JANA - happy haircut! And good luck to Kate!

MARY Q - glad your personal little LQS is shut down for now and you can get back to your own stuff. I love old hankies. Mom had quite a lot of them, I remember, but I have no idea where they went to.

LYN - glad you have some basic supplies. I think you said a while back that you also have a cutting mat and rotary cutter? You are almost there! Now all you need is fabric, thread, pattern, and a MACHINE!

CHRISS - if you check in with us, I hope you're having a great time in beautiful Alturas! :D

Yesterday was another Bigfoot day. Still working on the trees. There are 42 tree blocks in 3 different patterns. And all of the blocks are from different fabrics, so each one has to have fabric pulled, cut, and then sewn. I still have 18 more tree blocks to make (8x15"), and then four bigfoot blocks. Today will be more trees. I hope to finish them up by tomorrow and then figure out my Bigfoots.

Happy sewing!🧡

mary z
>^+^<

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:25 am

Mary it comes out to 40 1/2 Γ—401/2.

Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:45 am

Just a quick hello. Church quilt group is back together. Today is our first grouping since Holidays. Meet at 9am, so I need to finish coffee β˜• and get going
Have a great day!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:37 am

Cloudy and chance of rain.

Judi, enjoy your book by the pool.

Lois, hope you post picture of ghost.

Velda, enjoy the church group.

MaryZ, did Aut ever get power back on? Last night news said some were still without. A did bring the thread box. I have a Featherweight here and some fabrics. What I will buy is a 24" ruler and maybe a rotary cutter.

Yesterday was so nice out, though a little windy. I put on my cowboy boots and work clothes and went out to the North 40, minus 39, and cleared and cleaned up some trees and bushes. One tree was hanging over the Ranch fence. The Ranch manager came out of Ranch and I told him I wanted to cut that so it didn't fall and damage his fence. He took my chain saw, climbed the 6 ft fence, with barbed wire on top, and cut it off. He seemed to like my Ego saw and preceeded to trim a half dozen more on my side. Then his wife wanted to see how heavy the saw was and was going home to look it up on Amazon.
Lol I cleared by the property line, so I can run a rope along property line. The neighbor who built our house and had owned the empty acre seems to think he can dump stuff on our property. The next door neighbor plans to build a fence and I just want to easy to see the line. I will finish that project today.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:55 am

Good morning!

Haircut was perfect! We are still cold. We'll be that way until May, but that's OK, it's just future water.

Kate was one tired puppy yesterday when she got home. It's a bunch of physical exercises, running, push ups, more running, up 8 flights of stairs, running them, each way, rinse and repeat. They did the stairs routine , 8 times yesterday, sheesh! Kate finishes in May.

Today willbe fireworks. Daniel and Kari are meeting with the principal at Karlie's school. You may remember about the awful teacher she has, well, the teacher has seen fit to put items in Karlie's school records, which are not true and needed to be discussed before they could be put in Karlie's file, with Daniel and Kari, which was never done. Kari is the ore quiet level head of the two, Daniel will stay quiet for a time, but any guff, watch out for the fireworks! The appointment is just after lunch.

I have laundry ready tobe done and then play with fabric. Hopefully our landscaper willbe by today. Hope, hope hope!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:57 am

Good Morning Every one!

Tis a beautiful day in central Minnesota! The sun is shining and there's a light layer of pretty sparkling snow---just a little to cover the dirty stuff! Might even hit 40 tomorrow! Yippee!!!

Judi..... As nice as it is here... I'd much rather be sipping margaritas on the beach with you guys! :lol: :lol: Did you bring hexies to stitch while at the pool? Or a couple good books?

Flo.... Is tonight "state of the Union" I probably won't watch it either. Though it could end up being a good comedy act by the President! :lol: :lol:

Lois... I don't know about you but I so LOVE stay at home days!!! I didn't leave the house all day yesterday.. Katie next door goes out and retrieves everybody's mail in our little quad, so I don't even have to go out for the mail!

Maryz.... So amazed at that quilt you are doing! Pieced? Paper Pieced? It will most definitely be a work of art when it's all done! Yep, the quilt shop is gone! Oh, there's a little pile of my "purchases" here and there, and I need to find a place for them. I think that will be today's project.

Velda.. Sounds like you are planning a fun day with your quilt group! One of my neighbors does quilts at her church---she doesn't sew at all, she's in charge of ironing everything!

Lyn... Are you back at the house? Sounds like you have a little yard work ahead of you! What? you have no quilting supplies? Sounds like you need a trip to a Joann or a LQS for some stuff!

Yup, stayed in all day yesterday.. Did a little re-org in the sewing room, cleaned up the kitchen and then finished an apron and another lotto block. They are SO easy you guys... come on, join in the fun!!! My "office" is now a little corner of my sun room and as I look around it's pretty messy, so I think I'll straighten up a little and then pay bills. After while I need to run to PO because I never made it there yesterday! :P

Wishing you all the best day ever!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:10 am

Good Sunny Morning..............

It is a sweet & pleasant 30* here! Boy have I got a story for you. Remember the freezing weather that came across the country? Well it hit here with a vengeance! I lost my power at 4:30pm. It's a very good thing I pushed up my heat. I was out for 23 hours!!! I went to bed early & woke up several times to add quilts & clothing I ended up with 2 pr socks & sweat pants 5 tops(2 sweaters).I have never been so cold in all my life, it was 39* in the house & 2* outside in the morning. How do the homeless do it? I added a hat & went to bed. The power came back on at 3:30pm. I was in bed all day. Of the 5 houses around they all have a generators. I was totally scared & cried. When the power came on I had 2 huge mugs of hot, hot tea. My girls thought should have gone to a motel but when do you decide what storm is going to be the one that is "bad"?

I need prayer for a dear friend from my old church. After a difficult marriage we were so happy when she & the other youth minster(10y)her Jr married. They moved to Western MA. He died skiing last week. My heart is so broken for her. She was really there for me when the ex left me.

On the happy side of my life my DGD turned 17....how can that be? We had a nice chat on the 2ed. At that time they were in a world of ice & cold weather, they couldn't get out. I asked about her pet turtle. It was 4" when she got it now it's 12"....yes 12" in diameter in a 40 gal tank. mmmmm a 50 year life span!
My tote bags & hand quilting are coming along nicely. I'm beginning to believe every one should have one.

Judi.....I'm so happy for you, I've always wanted to see a rocket launch. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

Flo.....what will you do with your fabric/doilies? I have some real vintage doilies, Battenberg Lace. Want them? They are hand made. Happy sewing.

Lois.....looks like a full day for you.

Maryz......sounds like you are working on your own forest.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

Return to β€œSew ins”