Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

friday february 3rd 2023

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

friday february 3rd 2023

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:23 am

Good morning,,Im packing up to leave and go pick up my sister,,,She wants to go to breakfast, I will be on the road in an hour, All is well but ut us cold here 4 this morning looking forward to warmer weather, I will read all your news in my phone,,in the truck....TTYSoon.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: friday february 3rd 2023

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:04 am

Good morning Judi

I hope you and Ken have a wonderful vacation.

Today is our cleaning day so thats what we will be doing we will be in a deep freeze for today and tomorrow.
I'm also washing clothes so this will be my day perhaps afterwards I will do some sewing.
My sister Rosie saw my quilt and she would like me to make her 1 as a gift in pink a she will order the book.

Well thats the news from here Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:06 am

Judi, safe travels. Weatherman is giving you the "cold shoulder" so you will cherish the warmer temps. 🤗 Enjoy!
I have nothing planned today, but sometimes I accomplish more on those days. Too early yet to even decide. I will drink coffee, do my Bible study, then we will exercise. Then maybe I will find something to busy myself. LOL
For all of you, I want to wish you a "sew" happy day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:24 am

Good morning Judi and all that follow.
First a belated Happy Birthday Diane. I had a whole long chat typed in yesterday and it disappeared.
I had a very good birthday. We had to go get Jims blood test done first thing yesterday. Then {Yippee } I found a new chiro who will take my insurance. I set up an appointment will get in next Wed. Then I was off to Helping Hands Like goodwill But money goes to local charities or groups. I found two small bird statues for my living roon coffee table . Will use in spring decor. Then Jim took me to lunch at a place we have never been. We will go back the food was very very good at a reasonable price. We left and came home for cake. I decorated my birthday cake. I will not give 22 dollars for a nine inch round cake. I used to decorate cakes so it out pretty good for being out of practice.
Judi Have safe travels. Please share some of the warmth with the rest of us. LOL Its 1 degree this morning.
Today I need to get some cleaning done as well as a few things need put in washing machine. Later I will measure the quilt I need done by April. I found a quilter closer to me. Shipping has got so expensive. I have one quilt I will send to Teresa. But two are not show quilts and this lady came highly recommended.
Another thing I must share. My DGD wrecked her car on her birthday Jan. 31. She and her brother are fine thank goodness but the car was totaled.
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I need another cup of Java so I will get going.

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:53 am

Katy Happy belated birthday glad found a new chiropractor and a close by quilter .

Sorry the grands had an accident but happy they are OK.

Lois

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:24 am

Morning
Velda my purse started from McCalls L9466, but I made it shorter and added the front and back pockets and inner pockets. It also called for magnetic snaps on a tab set up, but I liked the thought of a large button/loop closure.
Hoping to have car back today. Our truck is single cab with a flat bed, so can't use it for shopping . I only hit grocery store every 2 weeks so pantry is low .
Have a great day
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:27 am

Good morning to all

KATY--I knew there was 3 ground hog day birthdays on this site. Happy to have a name on the 3rd person. The weather was grey, rainy and damp so we had dinner here and hubby made a german chocolate cake for me. He even cleaned up after himself. Happy the accident was not serious for your family. A car can be replaced. I'm sure they were shaken up-but at least they are okay.

Hoping to figure out the borders on DD quilt. I see the finish line within sight. Maybe by next weekend.
Hope everyone who had the storm come over them is okay and suffered no damage.
Dianwe

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:28 am

Good morning to all

KATY--I knew there was 3 ground hog day birthdays on this site. Happy to have a name on the 3rd person. The weather was grey, rainy and damp so we had dinner here and hubby made a german chocolate cake for me. He even cleaned up after himself. Happy the accident was not serious for your family. A car can be replaced. I'm sure they were shaken up-but at least they are okay.

Hoping to figure out the borders on DD quilt. I see the finish line within sight. Maybe by next weekend.
Hope everyone who had the storm come over them is okay and suffered no damage.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:42 am

Good morning,

Today is my older DD's birthday. She is 51 today and celebrating with several days in Disney World. They live in Alexandria, VA and celebrate everything at Disneyworld! lol! They can't get enough of the Mouse.

DIANE - I'm amazed at how fast you've gotten to the finish line with your quilt. This IS the Tenn Waltz, right? I bet it's beautiful! Has your DD seen it yet or are you waiting to make a grand presentation on their anniv.?

KATY - I bet your cake was a beauty! I was going to make cake rounds yesterday but that Chriss was a no show! So sorry to hear your DGC were in a car accident, but thanking the Lord and their guardian angels that they are OK. What a way to celebrate your birthday! I hope the car wasn't a birthday present! It beats my story of breaking my wrist rollerskating (or more like NOT skating!) on my 16th birthday.

FLO - your purse is great! And I love more pockets. I like an outside pocket for my phone so if I need it I don't have to dig.

JUDI - Happy breakfast! Safe travels! I know you will anyway, but watch out for ice on the roads!

CHRISS - there is a concentrated cleaner you can buy by the gallon called Odo Ban. You mix it with water and use it in a spray bottle or a bucket with rags, or however you like. A gallon lasts forever. And as the name implies, there is no odor to it. It is supposed to kill bacteria and viruses. I'm not sure where we got it. Possibly Home Depot? I understand the urge to clean. You are in an anxious waiting mode and need to be active, doing something. Sewing isn't too active. Today is a big day for you for you and Jerry. I'll be with you in spirit.

VELDA - weren't you the one planning a golf quilt a few days ago as a graduation present? Whoever it was, I have some golf fabrics up for grabs.

LOIS - Your quilt is cute! I'm not surprised you got a request to make another!

LORI - must be really nice to be able to have your doors open to let the warm sunshine in! That won't be happening here for quite a while yet.

VALERIE - Did you get your rezzie for the Delta yet? If you can't get the ADA cabin, I was wondering if it's possible to get respite care for your Dad for a few days at a care facility? I know there are some facilities that provide this convenience just so families can have a break - or take a vacation - or go to a wedding on a delta.

JANA - How is Sarah's kitchen coming along? Glad the kitty came out of the wall! It wouldn't have been pretty if you'd had to go in after her!

MARY Q - are you warming up yet? I bet your hair is pixie-cute! Easy care? I should send you a photo of a black/white quilt I have on my maybe someday list. I'll be looking for prints that range from predominantly black to mostly white. . . Do you have anything like that in your "store"?

LYN - Thanks for asking - the A's had no power last two days. I haven't heard yet about today. They are cooking on a camp stove, have plenty of water, and are huddling under quilts with 3 cats and 2 little dogs to keep warm. And listening to audio books for entertainment. Last night they were headed to bed at 6pm (Texas Time). I know the storm has moved on but how long until power can be restored? And how about you? You aren't far from Austin. Do you have power at your house? What about heat? Glad you were able to change Garry's appt. If this weather keeps up you may have to get a bigger dog!! When they talk about a 3-dog night, they aren't referring to Minnie Dogs!

KATHY - glad to hear your washing machine is now humming along smoothly. Didn't you have to have it repaired not so long ago? What brand do you have? I've often noticed booklets in plastic zip bags taped to the back of appliances. Never paid any attention to them before. Hope you got your errands done before your knees gave out and the weather drove you home.

Yesterday I got 8 lotto blocks finished. I was going to mail them yesterday afternoon but we were running late to meet friends for dinner so I'll do it today. The P.O. is only a mile away. The thing I love about my small town is EVERYTHING is within 3 miles. And yet, from our property, it looks like we enjoy rural living! Win/win! I've cleared the decks in my sewing room to start a new project - I have Elizabeth Hartman's pattern, Lookout. The blocks are all 8x15" and all trees except one is a deer, one is a rabbit, and one is a bear. I plan to put in a Bigfoot or two, as well, because this quilt will be for our friend, Bob, who loves Bigfoot. I'll have to devise my own pattern for him - Bigfoot, not Bob. I've made several of Hartman's patterns and loved them all, but this one is written a bit differently so I am studying the booklet first. There will be a test and I sure don't want to flunk it! I also pulled DMC embroidery floss to start a new cross-stitch pattern for a Christmas stocking for Kumquat. I had the pattern in a book so I had to make up my own kit. This project, if I really pour the coal on, MIGHT be done by next Christmas. But my wrists and hands won't be happy about it.

So, now you know how I'll be spending my day - mailing stuff, studying, stitching, and pulling a lot of green and brown fabrics!

I hope there is fun sewing somewhere in all y'all's day, too!

mary z
>^+^<

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:44 am

Good Morning Girls

Holy Moly!!! It's 15 BELOW here this morning!!! No way am I leaving my nice warm house this morning!!!

Judi.... When you get to Florida... send some of that warm air back up here please! I'm guessing you will be close to the beach? Do you collect sea shells? Remember --Sally Sells Sea shells by the seashore! Maybe she takes credit cards! :lol: :lol:

Lois... Your little ghost quilt turned out so cute and would be darling in Pink too! What and easy fast baby quilt that would be!

Velda.... Sounds like you will have a "Free flow" day.. .You can do whatever strikes your fancy.
I always think I'm going to start the day with a good plan... but they go to you know-where by 10:00am!!

Katy.. OH My goodness... I missed your birthday!! Did you enjoy your pretty cake! I do so love birthday cake ( or any kind of cake for that matter) Good to know you found a new chiro.. hope you like him/her!

Flo... Your purse turned out so cute! Did I notice a draw string on it too? I have a whole tote box full of fabric to make cute little purses out of... you'll never guess where I store it! In my guest bathroom tub! Nobody ever used the tub so that's where my batting is and that tote box!

Diane.. Oh gosh... did I miss your birthday too! I don't remember what I even typed here yesterday as I was getting ready to go to a funeral. Hope you had a wonderful day! Your DH made German Choc Cake!!! Gotta love a man with dish pan hands!!!

Maryz. Happy Birthday to Lara!! You were just a baby when she was born! :lol: You want black and White? Oh honey I have black and white!! A huge stack of 10" squares! Only problem is... they are not great fabrics.. a little stiff etc.. like maybe WM brand. Hope A & A are doing ok.. do they have power back on yet?

Chriss.... As always, you and Jerry are in my thoughts and prayers

My neighbor Katie, is bringing over a couple friends that quilt to do a little shopping in my LQS today, so the plan for this morning is to clean up the house ---I can explain the fabric everywhere, but the mess of stuff on the couch and the dirty dishes have to go! SO I'll grab some more coffee, crank up some music and get busy. With luck I'll get both sewing machines running full speed this afternoon!

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday!

Return to “Sew ins”