Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

friday february 3rd 2023

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: friday february 3rd 2023

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:07 am

Good morning all! I haven't been on here for about 2 weeks so I am way behind reading what everyone is doing. Been having a good time with my son's dog Sadie here for 6 weeks. My son got his new apartment and they are moving him in today and he will be here tomorrow morning to get Sadie. He never thought would take this long to start new job and find a place to live. Got a very nice apartment for him and Sadie. In about a year he will buy a house. Told Smoke that he and Sadie better get their playing in today. I think Sadie seems to know she is going home soon. I know she and Rob miss each other, but she has been very good while she has been here.

The weather here is only going to be 10 degrees today and then tomorrow getting into the high 30's and low 40's for the next 10 days. Even for NW Ohio it has been really weird only 5 inches of snow total so far but February usually brings alot of snow. We will see.

After Sadie leaves tomorrow I will start going back and reading all of your posts to see what you have all been doing. Hope none of you are sick so far this winter.

Smoke's torn ligament is getting better with his medicine and he is finally able to jump up on the sofa. The vet says that he may always have a bit of a limp even after it heals. Smoke gets his med first thing every morning before I do anything else.

Well better go get us some lunch. Have a good and safe day everyone.
Sherry

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:13 am

Good day to All. Temps should hit mid 50's today and by Monday 70.

Judi, safe travels. Hope you hit warm weather soon and no storms in you way.

MaryZ, I'm sorry to hear the kids have been without power. We have been fine, not even a flicker of loss. The news noted that lines were being fixed based on number of people without power. So, if your kids were one of the areas they showed where only a few people were without power, they are on the bottom of the list. The area I'm guessing Aut lives in had a few circles, but they mostly said, 4, 6, which indicated number of houses without power, verses the circles east of her that were 50, 70, etc. If they have underground lines, it may take longer, too. As for a 3 dog night, we had those from 2001 to 2012. I had a Maltese and Min-Pin when I met Garry. We added the black lab in the fall of 2001 and yes they slept on the bed every night, even in the truck/camper.

MaryQ, While you are looking for the black and white, is there any blues or purples? I think you are awesome to help KC out.

Handyman in Estes Park called this morning and the rehab on the decks are done and at the price he quoted. I will have more projects for him in the future. I'm so happy the neighbor suggested him.

I need to get moving, have to go to Marble Falls and pick up some papers at the attorney's office, then do a little grocery shopping to tide us over until we head back south next week.
Lyn

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:57 am

Good Sunny Blue Sky Morning......

however it's 16* & the wind is wicked. I've filled the tubs & pushed up the heat just in case I lose power. With this wind the house will cool down. This is my 1st real bite of Winter....I'm home all day.
I'll do a little cleaning then work on the tote bags. I was shocked to find I had a very difficult time finding a matching fabric for the lining. A very good reason to always be refreshing your fabric! :lol:

Had a nice talk with my 17YO DGD yesterday(her birthday). They been house bound by the snow in Austin & lost power for 24hr. House went to 55*. I knew she had a turtle for a pet, it's a red face 'something' & it's 12" in diameter! When my DD goes in the room it panics because she the one that vacuums & he doesn't like it. It was about 4" when she got it. Crazy!

Judi.......Prayers for a safe wonderful trip.

Lois.....it is great to get all you're cleaning done in one day. Really frees up your week for all the fun stuff. What a lucky sister you have.

Vel.......looks like you are starting your day off right.

Katy.........oh good hope for warm weather....birds. I bet they will look great on your table. Prices are crazy, 22 for a small cake! In CVS I wanted a bag of jelly beans to send to the DGC....$5.99. Bracks 9oz. No beans for them. Looks like we all are tied to the washer today. So happy to hear your DGC are safe.

Flo.........looks like you put you own design on the purse...good for you.

Diane.......happy sewing on DD's quilt.

Maryz..... Happy Birthday to your DD. Disney a good place to celebrate. Yes the washer had a repair not too long ago, it's a Maytag. They all seem to be built to break. I got all my errands done. Had a good day. Your house sounds like it is a perfect place.

Maryq.......my 16* is a heat wave. great idea to stay home. How nice 'swing fun' coming to you. Have a good time. Wish I could shop with you.

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:59 am

Good morning. It's going to be another beautiful day today. The elementary school is across the street from my house. It's a preK-8 school about 150 or so students. I love watching the cars pull in dropping off kids then hearing them all play. Or going outside during their recess time and hearing the squeals, laughter and fun times they are having. Kids are the best.

I think I need to clean the house, but it's likely my wanting to clean out the sickness rather than just dust and vac the house. The house is clean, but I seem to be wanting to scour it.

Today is Jerrys first cancer doctor appointment. Soon part one of the unknown will be known, for that I am grateful. I can't wait for part two.

Judi, hope you have the best vacation ever. what a fun trip.

Lois, sweet of you to make Rosie a quilt. She will treasure it.

Velda, enjoy your nothing planned day, sounds nice.

Katy, a new chiro sounds like the best birthday present ever. So glad your grands are doing well and weren't injured.

Flo, hope that vehicle comes home soon. Love that you took a pattern for your purse and redid it. I was thinking I would like a patchwork sort of jacket but am not quite sure how to go about it. Perhaps make a quilt, get a jacket pattern and use my "quilt" and the outside fabric? Not sure.

Diane, how nice of DH to make you a cake. German Chocolate is a favorite of Jerry's. You are already at the border stage in DDs quilt? how exciting.

Maryz, sorry I didn't pick you up for cake. By the time I got there you had already left for dinner. Being a tad far from everything is wonderful. I am 30 miles away and love where I live also. Love the lookout pattern (just googled it) Sounds like a nice day you have planned.

Maryq, thanks. I was wondering that about KC's fabric. Is it good quality fabric or is it thin? Hope you sell a lot from your LQS in your garage.

Sherry, enjoy your day, and your lunch. Haven't had breakfast here yet. The plan is sausage and eggs once Jerry gets out of the shower.

Lyn, isn't it nice when things go as planned? the deck is done, you found a great handy man, and you have a dog on your bed. it's a good life.

Kathy, hope the kids get power soon. My Moose doesn't like the vacuum either, he starts barking when he hears the closet door open and doesn't stop until the vac is put away.

I need to get started. Jerry would like sausage and eggs. I need to put away last nights load of dishes so I can start a fresh load today. Then we go to town for his appointment. Tonight is bingo.

You all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am

Good morning!

Beautiful, bright, sunny and slightly warm! Getting close to what Michael called bikini weather! ROFLOL! It's 28 right now.

Not much happening in these parts. Sarah's kitchen is on a planned hold, until the replacement cabinets come in. Plus, she's waiting on the countertop. The cabinets needed for the countertop to be installed are in place, just waiting on the soapstone to be fabricated, it's coming from Seattle.

I needed to repair a drawer in the Batt Cave and got that accomplished. The little cam holding a screw came loose and apart. A relatively easy repair. Then went to hang up my wreaths etc, and now those new hanging pegs are missing! Too many helpful fingers in this house now! Hopefully Daniel knows where those pegs are, his fingerprints are the last on them!

Some ideas for my talk are starting to gel. I do my best thinking during the middle night.

Prayers and hugs,,
Jana

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:53 am

Good morning, sitting at pharmacy at base. Only 30 numbers ahead of me. Thought I'd check in.

Going to see my day shift lady when done here. Then home to hopefully sew my lotto blocks.

Flo you did a great job customizing that pattern. 👏

Diane our rain has returned. I think it's just for a few days though.

Apparently the park will take not reservations more than 60 days in advance so have to wait till the 6th. There is 5 day respite available through hospice at a SNF but I just worry about the Covid and they are real good at UTI'S for those with catheters. I will figure it all out, I usually do. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DD!

Chriss thinking of you as you and Jerry take your next step. It's a big one I know but God will be holding your hand. Good sign he is hungry!

Maryq hope your heater is working. -15, that's cold.

Sherry I think you will miss Sadie when she goes. I am surprised they allow pets in an apartment.

Lyn 70 degrees sounds wonderful!

Kathy we had a turtle when we were little. We also had a rat! Little do the people who bought that house know there is a little pet cemetery in the front. Our bird is there too!

Well on my phone so that's about it. Can't talk the type. Too many people to listen. Down to 20 ahead of me!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:02 pm

Judi, I don't know if you are flying or driving. Which ever it is, I hope you have a safe trip.

Chriss, I hope things go well for you and Jerry today. No matter the outcome, it will be draining. Have fun at bingo tonight. What kind of pie will you be having? Pie sure sounds good.

Maryq, did you sell any fabric? I hope the ladies that came by took a bunch off your hands.

Val, that's a long wait at the pharmacy, but I know anything on the base take a long time.

It's a beautiful day here. I've had the doors and window open since 1100. It's starting to cool down a bit now. I did lots of little chores around the house and for my dad today. No sewing yet, but the days not over.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”