Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday February 2, 2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday February 2, 2023

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:52 am

Good morning and Happy Groundhog day 😊

Today I will finish up putting the 2 more rows on to the little ghost quilt and his eyes and nose on some people have also made a smile and have included 2 blocks for the orange stain but I'm content putting the eyes and nose.
So that what I will do today.
I have the news on waiting to see what the groundhogs prediction so we shall see but technically we still have six more weeks of winter.

Well thats all the news from my neck of the woods.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois.

suzette58

Re: Thursday February 2, 2023

Post by suzette58 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:59 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
I woke up to rain this morning. I hope it quits soon. I am still working on the quilts for my friend. I have the blocks made for the second quilt. I just need to decide how to lay it out. Thank goodness I have a design wall. I like to lay blocks out and leave them for a little while so I can decide if I want to change it or not. Well, I am going to finish my coffee before it gets cold. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:03 am

Good Morning Lois.Happy Ground Hog Day to you too Wont know the verdict till the sun comes up here ...It is still dark and 4 here,,,I dont have to go out til later. I need to do the drug store for our prescriptions and drop off all my perishables at DDs. Of course we want to see the kiddos before we go.
I am packed as much as I can be,,,,Ken nothing,,,,he will throw a bunch of stuff in the suitcase and complain about all the things he wished he had packed...its always like that and I just ignore him.
House is cleaned and all is well. I am anxious to get out of here for a couple of weeks...I will take my laptop and keep up with you all.
Prayers and positive thought to all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:26 am

Good morning!

Still dark, still cold and very icy! Michael wanted to take a short ride, in the dark to see if the headlight cleaning helped. It did, but we didn't stay out long as there was ice on the roads everywhere, and I don't do ice!

The wall in the Batt Cave is coming along nicely. So will play more down there today. Smokey, the curious kitty, found a test hole, Michael made in the sheetrock for railroad stuff and she decided to explore inside said hole. She was temporarily stuck, but finally got out. Daniel was working down there and heard her meow , found where she was exploring and promptly stuffed up the hole. Need to find any more holes, before kitty does. Smokey has yet to find my LA, aka, a cat hammock, so I will get. out my big cover to discourage that.

Not much else here, hoping for more winter and lots more snow from Phil. We so need a large dent in this water shortage here in Utah. We have a huge snowpack that is driving all the large wildlife down to the cities. Elk are crossing, well, trying, to get to the other side of I-80 creating all kinds of havoc on that huge main freeway! We have more deer in our yard, which also bringis in more cougars hunting their food, the deer. Such as life is, living at the bench level in the mountains! Smokey is a inside kitty.

Stay warm, stay safe, ,any prayers,
Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:41 am

Good morning to all. The weather is racing across the country--and it is a mess for many states. What has mother nature so very very mad at us??

OASIS--we share today with our birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !! I know there is a 3rd person that we share today but don't remember who it is.

DD's quilt top is close to being done. I need 2 or 3 rows more. I'm not a fan of shams and make my tops are more like a bedspread. The extra length helps in winter for your feet, you pull it down and fold the extra back on the bottom. Yummy warm for your tootsies.

DH has a breathing test this morning and we'll go to a early dinner. Of course sewing is on my priority list.

Have a safe day with the ice, snow and wind. If you don't need to go out into it. Please stay at home.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:10 am

6 more weeks of winter.

Happy Birthday Diane I hope you have a fun day.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:29 am

Morning
Happy birthday Diane!
Tuesday I finished my new purse. Will send pics to Chriss to post. Yesterday I had DDIL and DGD over for lunch. The roads were thawed enough to drive the half mile and DGD was driving her crazy with cabin fever.
Today I have some mending to do and not sure after that
My neighbor "sister " had her angioplasty yesterday. Doc says she will be fine nothing to worry about. Going to visit her later and bring homemade cookies.
Have a sew great day
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:59 am

Good morning,

DIANE - happy birthday to you! Do you have any special plans? Is there going to be cake? There really should be cake!

KATY - happy birthday to you, too! What are you going to do to celebrate? Again, I want there to be cake!

FLO - glad your friend came through her procedure with flying colors.

JUDI - That is how Bill packs, too. Waits until last minute. INSISTS I am not his mother and he will do his own packing, thank you. Well, the first trip he was in charge of his own stuff, he forgot to pack pants. Another time, a coat. Next was underwear. Travelers checks. Eye glasses. The list went on. :lol: He's better now, just in time to start his "old timer forgetfulness". :lol:

SUZETTE = How is your hubby and what became of his sleep studies? You are so nice to make those memory quilts.

JANA - hope your snow continues, but like you said, it's hard for the wildlife. In Washington, they built a huge wildlife overpass over I-90 up near Snoqualmie Pass.

MARY Q - glad you are getting new glasses. Are you getting new frames, too, or just lenses? I haven't had new ones for 3 yrs because my Rx hasn't changed that much. But these lenses are getting worn out so I may bite the bullet. I get mine at Costco, though just the lenses. I get my exams from my private eye dr. I sure wish you'd warm up. Your posts always make me chilly!

LOIS - I think you and I made different lil ghost quilts. I made mine very simple with 4" squares. To look like the little ghost in the book. And those the backing fabric had little ghosts all over it, I didn't piece or applique any ghosts on it. Are you using a pattern?

Yesterday I went to chiro and I need to go back again on Fri. Apparently riding 7500 miles in a truck can cause serious hip rotation. After that we went to Costco ($!$!), and then I worked on Feb lotto blocks and between blocks had a long catch-up phone call with my BFF, Marlene. Today - I will finish my 6 lotto blocks but that won't take long at 8 min/block. After cleaning up that mess I might load my chandelier quilt on the LA or I might get back to the last four North Stars blocks. They are cut out but still need sewing. Tonite we're going out to Italian with the friends who watched our place while we were gone, our treat. A small way to say thank you for all they did for us.

What is everyone doing today?

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:53 am

Good Sunny Bright Morning.........

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Katy & Diane. I agree with Maryz will there be cake, maybe pie??

Just a short note today. I have errands to run & need to leave as soon as I can. Want to be out while my knees feel pretty good. The washer is fixed & working smoothly. I was really surprised when she popped the top off, put her hand into it & pulled out a booklet. She said all machines have one. it has all the codes to fix it. As the furnace cleaning man left he looked at me so sincerely & told me to be very careful due to the deep freeze coming. Some places with the wind chill could hit -18*. Our 1st big hit of winter. How sweet.

Will try to be back later with a cup of tea.
Love & Prayers............Kathy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:31 am

Good morning all! Happy Birthday πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰ to Katy, Diane, and Oasis ?? I do not recall the user name: Oasis. Maybe she will stop by to say hello. Good ol' ground hog day. Yup! He did see his shadow and we have a sunny day, too, so buckle down. Ha, ha, calendar shows sux weeks more of winter no matter how you interpret thus Special Ground High Day!!
People find fun in it anyway.
Just a relaxing day here. Nothing special planned. Hope you all have a fun day too!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Return to β€œSew ins”