Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday February 2, 2023

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thursday February 2, 2023

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:32 am

Good Sunny Morning

SO the groundhog will see his shadow here this morning for sure. Though I can never remember which way it goes... 6 more weeks? Or early Spring! I'm ready for spring for sure!

Quick hello this morning as I'll be leaving soon to attend funeral of my neighbor just across the way from me. She was almost 91 and knowing what a person of faith she was... she is safe in the arms of God now.

When I get home, you'll find me in the sewing room.... cleaning it! and the kitchen, and the living room, and the bedroom! What a disaster area! I'm starting to pack up all the fabric mess to transfer it to the garage. My friend Peggy is bringing her sister to shop on Sunday --after the quilt shop is closed.

I did make it out to get haircut yesterday----picture a short round Jamie Lee Curtis! OMG it's SHORT! But it grows and it's easy to take care of!

Velda... Oasis was Linda... she was here in the very beginning but hasn't been for YEARS!
Better run for now. but with luck I'll peek in later! when it's time for a cleaning break!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:36 am

Good morning. What a beautiful day it's starting out to be. The sun is shining and while chilly it's a gorgeous day.

My goal, clean house and then hopefully get some sewing done. Seems my plans don't often come to reality, but I do have good intensions.

Kathy, glad the washer is all fixed. I don't get the threw a code thing either. Seems they could be made to fix themselves. And why does everything that has an alarm, (microwave, dryer, pre heated oven) have almost the same alarm. How are your TX kids. thanks for painting your fingernail. xo

Lyn, hope the weather lets up enough for you to make that doctor appointment.

Lois, I don't have the ghost book, why is there an orange stain? I saw your quilt on FB, it is so adorable, I will have to get the book and make one for myself one day.

Judi, every year you go on this trip and every year Ken packs at the last minute and every year he forgets stuff and I laugh. He is so consistent. Bet he would be surprised if you packed some of his things in a separate bag then when he says I forgot my slippers you could go to your extra bag, bring him his slippers then say, you didn't forget them, here they are, you just didn't look hard enough.

Diane, happy birthday to you. That birthday list is so full of names that are no longer here or people who have added their birthdate and never come back. Hope DH's breathing test goes well, can I ask why he is having a breathing test? Prayers for a good outcome.

Flo your pictures have been posted. It is a really cute purse and I love the pockets inside.

Maryz, yay us, looks like there are two birthdays' here today, that means two chances for cake. I'll pick you up and we will attend both. Enjoy your Italian dinner. I am thawing out some lasagna we had in the freezer but tonight will be fish, we will be Italian tomorrow.

Maryq, maybe I am odd (ok girls, I can hear your collective head nodding) but I just don't go to funerals and there won't be a funeral for either me or Jerry. I am glad your friend knew God and is there with Him in peace. I am also going to clean house today. Hey, lets switch, it will be funner to clean each others house than our own.

Tomorrow Jerry has his first cancer doctor appointment. They will get us started on a biopsy then we will have a course of action.

The unknown isn't my favorite. While I am trying to think positive some reality checks happen once in a while. I am so glad I don't have a bigger house; it would hold so much, and I would have way too much to clean out and to clean and upkeep if it happens that I end up on my own.

There is lots to think about but, like Lyn said, if I am busy talking with God, I am too busy to let my mind wander too much.

Ok, done here. No more excuses. This house needs my attention.

You all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:26 am

Thankful Thursday! I'm thankful that it's 37 degrees and rising! The ice storm has moved on, sorry to those east of me.

Diane and Katy, Happy Birthday! Chriss, can you swing by and pick me up after MaryZ? :lol:

Flo, your purse is very cute. You have reminded me that I bought a pattern and fabric a year ago to make a tote. Now to figure out if it's here or in the MH!?

MaryZ, I've been wondering how A & A have been doing during our ice storm? By the looks of the power outage map, did they loose power?

MaryQ, I bet your hair cut is very attractive. Are there any blues or purples left in the fabric?

Chriss, we go along on our path enjoying our regular life and then in a blink of an eye, we are suddenly looking at a different path. That's how I felt when Garry had his stroke. It took about a week and Dr appt to start to adjust to the path change and what I had to do. I hope the appt with the Dr. helps to give a clearer picture of the path. (((Hugs)))

Yesterday the weatherman was saying the ice storm would be here until mid day today. Garry's appt was for 11 a.m. this morning. So, I called and changed it to Monday, Dr. not in on Friday. It's not like we have to get back to the coast for anything. My wonderful neighbor Margaret is watching over the MH and all is well with it. We may have had as much as 1/4" of ice here, but no trees down. Austin has had over 1/2" of ice and many trees breaking and falling on power lines. They had a long news conference about power lines above and below ground, the cost to fix either is expensive.

I have some shelves that I haven't had a chance to wipe out and line, so will work on that today. I may rearrange the living room furniture. I have a featherweight here, brought the thread box and just a small bag of tools, so I might try a lotto block.

Prayers for all.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 am

Chriss he has an orange stain because a little boy dripped icecream on him.

Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:54 am

Chris....... Ken must have heard you...He came home and packed 3 bags (one more than me, I have 2) I didnt look what he packed ( Im not his mother) But I did notice a pair of sweat pants on top of the pile ( Its 80 where we are going)..I am not saying a word....not one.....zip my lips... He did pack his slippers//...I will pack my bathroom stuff nd my computer in the morning,,,xxxxoooo

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:59 am

Humm... I am the packer for trips in this family. Michael appreciates me doing that for him. He was always so busy just before we'd leave with work. The company barely gave us any of the vacation time we earned, without complaining a lot! So I laid out an assortment of shirts, jeans, etc and he would take out some of my choices, but mostly left everything. With getting four kids in the mix, and the limited space, I learned well how to get everything in and still have room for quilt fabric I would buy while on our trip. The important stuff! I was never considered his mom and I am in no way like her at all! He likes me better! :)

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:31 pm

Judi so glad Ken packed his clothes.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:04 pm

Judi, too funny๐Ÿ˜‚. Jerry does his own packing too. It's been so long since we've gone any where. When he was working he even packed his own lunch. All of that worked for me, I was happy to have him do it

I have to say, like Lois, I too am glad he packed clothes๐Ÿ˜‰. Hope its a great trip

Lois, guess I need to get the book

Lyn glad you moved the appointment, hopefully you will have better weather.

Started cleaning up the kitchen this morning using a cleaner with bleach. It really bothered Jerry. He went outside and I opened up the house. I need to find something less strong smelling, but something stronger than soap and water. Sure would be nice to take him for a ride and come home to a very clean house.

I got the joy, joy, joy,joy inside my heart, inside my heart, inside my heart to stay
Psalm 91

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:44 pm

Good day every one! Struggling this week but here I am. 55 min till DH gets home from work. Not sure what is going at with the caregiver but I am not happy. Have a girl coming on Sunday to work a few hours and see what she thinks. I have 2 mandatory meetings next week so scrambling to come up with a plan.

Lois what pattern are you using for the ghost quilt. I am sure you have mentioned it but I just don't seem to be able to keep up.

Suzette I have a goal to come up with a design wall some how, some way. It may be on my ceiling but ...... :lol: it will be somewhere. Wishing I had bought a bigger house.

Judi I can never get DH here to pack early either. I tell him, make a list and add to it as you think of something. Nope, 10 day fishing trip and he will pack the day before including the boat and the RV. Safe travels. I no longer say anything either. I do remind him though that he cannot call me to bring him something (it's only about 45 min away) because he failed to pack correctly.

Jana so happy "said cat" was able to get out of her hole. That must have been scary for her.

Diane Happy Birthday to you, Linda, and Katy. I think it was likely around 2019 when we last heard from Linda (Oasis). If I remember correctly she lived not far from me, closer to the coast. Have a piece of cake for me. Hope your day was wonderful.

Flo I think homemade cookies are certainly a cure for many things. My DH has a brother in Oklahoma , he called last night and said while it was raining, the ground was so cold it was freezing as soon as it hit the ground. They had about 1 1/2 of ice on the road. Glad they weren't going anywhere.

Maryz I see you are your busy little self. I have always gotten my glasses at Wal Mart but have heard good things about Costco. I may try them next. Next is coming very soon.

Kathy apparently ranges have hidden books too. Sears was here a week or so ago to fix my range and when it was pulled away from the wall, there was an envelop stuck to the back of it. I'll be, never realized that. I was told just to put it back and not to worry about it, nothing I needed to know was in it. So the purpose of it is?

Vel so many have come and gone in the forum. I don't know where they go. Maybe life changes and they just don't have time anymore, or interests change.

Maryq it has been cloudy and overcast here all day. No shadow for groundhog here. I really envy you girls who can go with a short hair cut. I just cannot make myself do it. Maybe I am trying to hold onto my youth I don't know. Mine is still quite long.

Chriss the unknown can be a scary place. But know that all the feelings, good and bad, you are having is very normal. Once there is a definitive dx the doctor is more able to give somewhat of an expected course. But remember, it is really up to God. My DBIL was given 8 months about 3 years ago. He is still here. It will be 7 years this September that my Sister left us for a better place and I still find myself angry at times. Grief is a funny thing, you just never know from day to day how you will feel. Try baking soda and vinegar for cleaning. Peroxide is also good for some things. Google organic cleaning. There are also products you can buy like at Whole Foods or Trader Joes.

Lyn how did your cupboards come out? I should line mine. What do you use?

Well I think I should get something done. Dad is down for his nap. I thought since he was in bed most of the morning, that maybe he would stay up a bit but I was wrong. Bath girl and the RN were here today so he is wiped out. DH is working OT.

Have a great evening all

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:37 pm

Jana, I'm sure glad the cat didn't get stuck in the wall. That might have been bad. lol

Chriss, I use Myer's cleaners. I'm very sensitive to smells. The are mildly scented and bio degradable.
I do bleach the sinks every 3 months or so, but try and do it when I can open up the house. It's warm enough today and the front and back doors are open. Aww....fresh air.

Judi, hope you have a great trip. Enjoy.
Lori 8-)

Return to โ€œSew insโ€