Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 30, 2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday January 30, 2023

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:07 am

Good morning ,

Today we will be around 50⁰ .
Yesterday I used my new crock pot made beef stew this pot is new to me because it's programmable and it come with 3 diffrent size crocks 6qt 4qt and a divided 2 1/2 qt crock I used the 4qt to cook our stew and there is enough for lunch.
Today I will be making a trip to hobby lobby and then I will come home and sew but I don't know what yet.
Everyone have a great day.
Lois

patches4

Re: Monday January 30, 2023

Post by patches4 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:51 am

Good morning
It’s a balmy 13 wind chill 1 here in Illinois, as of now and I don’t think we’re getting warmer.
Busy week ahead. Helping DD3 after surgery last week so no time to sew, but embroidering tooth fairy pillows for twin grand daughters.one has a tooth hanging in there but afraid to wiggle and tug. First for her. By the time the last tooth comes out she’ll be encouraging it out. So funny and good memories. They are in Wisconsin less than 2 hours away. Mom had strep Friday, one twin had strep yesterday. Hoping no one else gets it or we delay our overnight stay a few days. Have not embroidered in a while. Just using stem stitch. Jack Dempsey pattern. Making in each of their favorite colors. Yes I will still have four more to get done but have time I just have to get the other twins done soon.just doesn’t go as fast as I thought.
Gotta get coffee on, work on tooth fairy pillow, go to DD3 house to help her straighten up. She needed help getting final Christmas decorations down and put away. She works overnight one week on and off a week. They were out of town on last weekend off so decorations still up. Surgery last week so she’s unable to do. Her husband ignores the decorations because he did not put up. She has repairman for fireplace tomorrow and wants it put away so we are the worker bees and she tells it where to go. Tomorrow LWR quilt tying,Wisconsin Wednesday and Thursday hopefully sew next weekend????
Later today, to airport to pick up some dear friends. Busy day and I have to scoot. Need coffee!
Blessings, hugs love and prayers out to one and all.
TinaB
Patches4

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:29 am

Good morning Lois and all that follow
Tina B Good to see you here. I also like to embroidery but havent for a while. I have a chilly 10 degrees here in west central Illinois.
Lois Is your new crock pot heavy. Mine is so heavy to wash and put away. But it is about 14 years old and still works like a charm.
I have already been out to fill wood burner . I believe we have enough wood for today and tomorrow then its back on gas. Jim will bring the wood burner down tomorrow. He usually takes all the ashes out so we can then switch to the gas furnance . I love wood heat and it is cheaper than gas. But we both need a rest from stoking it.
Barny has learned to go to door to go potty. However I wish I could get him to either bark or ring the bells.
He still has his pad.
Yesterday I got the beeks on my chickens. I dont like the way she does them so I am trying it my way. I have not tried to put feet on my way but I will . I am out of the clue she has us use to keep in place until we sew down by hand.
I also made a turkey casserole . Thats the end of the turkey breast . Thank goodness I was getting a bit tired of turkey. LOl
Today I am going to sew a couple more lotto blocks well at least one. This will be after I do a load of wash.
I have not decided to fix pork chops or have fried eggs and ham. Decisions decisions .
My grocery hauls all summer are paying off. I am not spending more than $45 dollars a week. I picked up a pk of cookies I really wanted and have been trying to find. They were 6.49 at Krogers. FOR A PACK OF COOKIES. Then my sister called and told me they were a dollar less at the other store.
Well Ladies I need a cup of java.

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:32 am

Morning Tina and all to follow,
Here temp is in single digits and a light coating of ice. Good news, my car Finally goes into body shop. Back on September on way home from east coast, a small piece of rubber from a truck whacked the under side of front end. Turns out there is a lot of plastic on my Mitsubishi. It took awhile to gets the parts in. Body shop is only 1/2 mile from house
Chriss, so sorry about Jerry's diagnosis. I am here for you 17 years ago my older sister was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. Hers was small cell, so slow growing. She is now a 2 time cancer survivor. Sending hugs. Will email you my number so if you need a shoulder you can reach me.
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:35 am

Y'all to the north, hope you stay warm this week. We are in for a few days of freezing rain. I hope to get to the county office this morning. I was call the Dr office and see about changing Garry's appt from tomorrow to the end of the week.

I made a run to Walmart yesterday afternoon, so missed the first game. Jana, sorry your team lost. I bought a tower heater/fan and groceries. I'm not used to the heat blowing down from the ceiling. It doesn't seem efficient to me, but it is what it is. We have food for a few days. I have a Featherweight here and fabric, also brought a book so I'm set.
Lyn

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:41 am

Good morning everyone. We are already going downward in temps. High of 25 before daylight. 21 degrees now, going down to single numbers to ight. Brrr! Got a little snow overnight, too. Predicting a clear sky and sunshine later today. Easier to take the c-c-c-cold if the sun 🌞🌞 is shining.
I need to start on Lotto today .
Looks pretty easy actually. Mix and match colors is always fun.
Back to my coffee ☕☕ Have a sew great of a day!!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:54 am

Good rainy start to my day. Rained off and on all night long. Supposed to be like this thru the week. Oh well, at least its not cold.
Today my plan is sewing some rows together for DDs quilt. Looks nice on the bed (my design wall when big projects) Not sure about the borders yet, I'll wait until the top is done then decide.

I bought a crock pot from bed bath and beyond years and years ago. They had a coupon for $20.00 off and the item was $19.99 so I grab it up asap. The problem is there is only the 2 of us so pot roast last for several meals and I freeze alot. BBY is going out of business and my store is almost empty-"we are waiting for our truck to deliver". LOL. I don't think that is true. When they re-did this store they took away all beach type items and because of that this store echoes when you walk around. It was a nice store.

Hope everyone does something to smile about today.
Diane

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:07 am

Diane I bought this crock pot because the 1 I bought from Walmart was no good I think it was a second when we first got married we got two at our shower that lasted a long time they were made by rival now when I was looking at the book this 1 is made by sunbeam .
But I like this 1 because there a 3 diffrent crocks to choose from.

Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:25 am

Good morning,

LOIS - your crockpot sounds very interesting! I was thinking of a new one before we left for Texas, but decided to wait until we came home. Ours is about 15 yrs old and is missing one of its 3 legs, part of it's side handle, and is getting too hot to touch on the outside when in use. Not to mention the big crack in the crock. I'll probably be looking at a Cuisinart. Every Cuisinart appliance I've ever owned dies of old age. I wonder if Cuisinart makes irons . . . .

TINA B - How fun to embroider tooth fairy pillows! Sure beats when I was a kid, putting our teeth in a glass of water right by my dad's chair! lol! And you have twins! How adorable! I'm sure you're asked often - are they identical? I hope your DD is OK after her surgery and heals quickly. So nice of Mom and Dad to step up and help.

VELDA - I'll meet you in the sewing room and we and we can work on lotto blocks together!

VALERIE - You're still a super star in my mind, even if Mary Q has your back on the Feb lotto. That's why we keep her around - to pick up our slack! (Hey, TOM! Waving a loving hand at you!👋🥰 ). Your donkey is done. So what's left? Buildings, sheep, palm trees? I'm thinking you made the right call not to cut out your project when you were so tired. Mistakes happen. Injuries happen. Tears happen.

JANA - uhh . . . sorry about your Niners. Couldn't believe they were using 4th string QB and even HE got hurt! I was rooting for them.

DIANE - are ALL BB&B going out of business or just certain stores closing?

MARY Q (aka TOM)- did you make it to KC's? $700! Wow! You are an angel!! You've got everybody's back!

KATHY - I'm so sorry about your sister. But Hospice doesn't always mean giving up. I know two people who had serious strokes and have made nearly complete recoveries. I pray for the same for your sis.

JUDI - I bet you are busy getting ready to leave for your fun vacation! Don't forget your sewing box this time! You'll have to buy all new sewing stuff! Wouldn't that be just awful??

CHRISS & JERRY - 💓

Except for a few small tasks that need to wait until Bill is finished with his minor repairs and improvements (sweep, mop, make the bed), I'm done in the trailer. Since it's our disaster "kit" we keep it stocked with a week's worth of food, water, pet food, and clothing, and all that's all done, too. I even have everything we brought into the house put away. I think, after 3 short errands, I just might be able to sew today! I think I'll work on Feb lotto blocks first. Then I will get my little Ghost quilt ready for quilting. Life is back to normal! I love life!

It's kind of a melancholy day for me. Today would be my 52nd wedding anniversary. We only made it to 14. yrs. I'm blessed to have found Bill and we will soon celebrate 31 happy years, but I still miss Mike every day of my life. So I'll spend it doing things that make me happy - a stop in the thrift shop looking for a couple glass bowls for my sea shells, and then sewing. And while I can't say cooking makes me particularly happy, potato soup does so I plan to make some for supper using Judi's recipe.

Do something that makes you happy today!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:46 am

Good Snow and cold morning,,,I got up thought Id post on here but the internet was so slow I decided to wait. I am heating up the iron to....OMG! Iron some of my summer clothes,,,,They are miserabley wrinkled I dont rememeber the last time I ironed clothing,,,My crop pants are cotton and they were packed in the drawer with out even being folded nice so now I will make them nice again,,,I need to try on some and see if it all fits...I am sure iut does but I will pick out the better stuff and donate the rest. I dont know why I save everything,,,,,
I have my sewing boxes (2) ready to go...the mexican train game, a couple of paper books, and what ever else I can think of....Ken will yell at me (not really yell) as I have 7 pairs of shoes out of the closet...3 tennies and 4 sandals...I cannot bare to leave any of them out...I did pull out a larg summere purse and I will reload that from my winter leather,,,Its a big job going on vacation,,,,,
Another family member has covid,,DD's FIL....We were at the hockey game with him but didnt hug or anything,,,,it is something we are all going to have to live with,,,,the newest stains dont seem to be near as bad,,,,I was barely sick with mine last year,,,but it is still a worry....,
Well back to ironing.....and sorting,,,,,Hope you are all having a great monday Love and Prayers for Jerry and Chris, and anyone else who needs prayers,,,,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Return to “Sew ins”