Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 30, 2023

Daily discussions.
WeSignificant

Re: Monday January 30, 2023

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:10 am

Good Monday morning to you all. 2nd night off out the window. Weekend nurse not answering her phone. They called me at 3:45 AM to go to Sonoma. Wife was furious as she had waiting so long but was calm by the time I left. She thanked me for my attention to her needs and apologized for chastising me earlier. If boss doesn't do something with this nurse..........

Lois I have never seen a crock pot with three different sizes like that. I have all those sizes but in 3 different pots! Sounds like it worked out well.

Tina does sound like you have a busy time ahead. 38 at my place. Should get to about 55 with wind advisery. I don't think we every have 13* temps. -16 at my son's in Rapid City. With wind chill -26. Good thing he has a warm quilt.

Katy groceries really are going up way too fast. WE use Brummel and Brown margarine. It is $4.42 at Wal Mart but I can get it for $2.59 at the base. That is a lot for Cookies but when you gotta have them you gotta have them. You may not have saved much at the other store once you drove there. Gas is going up here and no longer under $4 a gallon. Glad to see you at Lotto.

Flo I think many cars are made of plastic these days. 4 months though to get parts? Wow,

Lyn Texas is another place I find odd that it has freezing rain. When DS graduated basic training at San Antonio it was so hot I could barely breathe. But Tina R reminds me there are places in NM, Arizona and Texas that get snow.

Vel your temps go down in the daytime? Ours go up. Yes lotto block is very easy but follow the directions to square up or it will come out too big. It is a good block to be a brave on color combos.

Diane I have never heard of BBY?

Maryz glad to hear you are getting settled in after your trip. Yes, building, sheep and palm trees. The fabric is purchased. Yes, I should not have cut when I was tired as I did yesterday and cut two backgrounds wrong. I did find 1/2 yd online and emailed the shop to see if they have a oops kit or something similar. I have Free Sew today and tomorrow in Vacaville so can get all but one block done (well maybe). Not sure how long they will take.

Jana unfortunately Murphy's Law for the 9ers yesterday. Too bad Brock got hurt. The 4th string just wasn't enough over the other QB experience. But I am glad that Brock has done as well as he has. There is always next year and it doesn't negate the 12 wins in a row.

Chriss love and prayers flying your way. If you need a girls day out, give a call, you got my number.

Well caregiver is here. I still have a load in the dryer to fold a sewing stuff to gather. Have a wonderful blessed day. Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:33 am

Good morning!

Yes, there's next season for my 49ers. And it was hard to watch with all the qb's going down. They even had the main running back, step up to go in and be the quarterback, he's the way down the list emergency qb. Hoping that the rookie's elbow injury is not bad.

So today is straightening the house and then playing with the new storage wall in my LA area. Isn't there some rule about storage walls not being left blank? I don't want to break rules.

I win the drawing in the cold numbers, we are 3, the last I saw and I haven't seen the wind chill number yet. Doesn't matter, it's just plain cold! And I am staying inside!

Lots of hugs, prayers,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:36 am

OOPS!! Bed Bath and Beyond should have been typed not bby. There are reports in the newspaper that they may not last till the end of the year. A few months ago, unfortunately, one of the high bosses (maybe 1 of the owners) threw himself off a high building. It is a shame whenever stores close, the people that work here in this store are the nicest clerks you'll ever meet.

Off to the sewing room with my 2nd cup of coffee.
Diane

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:39 am

Good Morning all

Oh dear, it's 15 BELOW! And not expected to get above zero all day! Must be some polar vortex or something. I really need groceries, but perhaps I can stall until Wednesday when it will at least be in double digits above zero!

I really should stay home anyway and try to clean up some stuff around here. Yes, I went to KC's yesterday and came home totally exhausted! You know it's always more fun to clean somebody else's house? Well that's pretty much what I did...And brought home some more stuff. I'm not even sure what I am going to do with all this stuff. Massive amounts of hand embroidered quilt blocks, and king size quilt top. She gave a bunch of rulers and thread and rotary cutters and a mini iron!!! I brought home one of her little Brother Sewing machines for one of my grand daughters. I did talk to her about helping her get some more help for things and she is okay with that. So someday during the week, I'm going to go over and see if we can't get ahold of her case worker and start there getting her assessed for more aid. She is thinking about re-homing her cat as it's getting too difficult to take care of her. The litter box hadn't been cleaned in probably a month, so those of you with cats will know what that is like. IF I was a cat person, I'd take her, but I ain't! :lol: :lol: I'm afraid that if the health department went in they would condemn her apartment.

The more I think about it, the more I think I will stay home today... After I fixed myself supper last night I pretty much didn't get off the couch, so my kitchen is a mess too! I'd really like to get in some sewing today as well. Just waiting for the coffee to kick in... it might be a two-pot kind of day!

But first... I really need a shower!

Will chat with you all tomorrow!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:01 am

Good morning beautiful ladies. It's goign to be a beautiful and productive day today. Appointments will be made and hopefully we get in and get results quickly so we know what we need to do to move forward.

I won't be doing Medicare counseling until I know what is going on with Jerry. We are in a much better position in our lives now than we were when we adopted Marilyn. This will be people telling us what we need to do and where we need to be, that was hoping we were doing the right thing and not knowing the rules.

Lois, Yum, stew. I'm curious to see if you use the divided crock. I've been wondering what would go in it and all I can think of is roast and mac&cheese, but I am sure there are many other choices.

Tinab. Funny how kids are afraid to yank that first tooth but as soon as that cash is found in their pillow, they want all their teeth to come out. I had some gold glitter that I would use as fairy dust when the kids had a tooth under their pillow. the glitter would to from the window to the pillow. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery for your DD. Glad she has you to help.

Katy, I went shopping yesterday. I spent way too much but got things we needed here. Glad those chickens are getting beaks and feet. Seems that sometimes tasks get pushed to the back burner for whatever reason. Eventually it all gets done. Enjoy your cookies, which ones did you get. My indulgence, when I used to eat them were the sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles on them.

Flo, thanks. I told Jerry the story about your sister. Glad that car is finally getting to go into the shop.

Lyn, our heat registers are in the floor. Growing up they were in the ceiling. Not sure which is better. hope that appointment is easily changed. It helped. My crossing my fingers for the Chiefs worked, you're welcome. boy that was a good game.

Velda, cold is always easier to look at through the window rather than feel in person outside.

Diane, dang, you are already sewing rows together. my goodness you are rocking that quilt. A roast is also too much for us. We cut it into pieces about two pounds and freeze the pieces. Or we cook the whole thing and shred the meat and freeze for taco's or something like that. Funny how eating habits have changed as we age. You sure got a bargain on that crock pot. Some of those bed bath stores near here have already closed. I think one day Amazon will be the only place to shop. Sad.

Maryz, warm thoughts for you today as you remember Mike. Glad the trailer togo kit is ready, hoping it doesn't need to be used for that. and thrilled that the ghost quilt is progressing.

Judi, I hear you when you say shoes. I am a shoe and purse lover. I have bags in my closet that haven't even been used. I agree that Covid will become as common as the flu. Sadly you can just go out in public and walk by someone who has it and catch it.

Valerie, I imagine that people going through the Hospice process have many emotions that the Hospice nurse is the brunt of. Waiting isn't something people are used to doing. In a world where you can get things almost instantly waiting 10 minutes can seem like an hour. Food prices are out of control here too. Glad Jerry and I are eating less and having more leftover meals. it cuts costs a bit.

Jana, guess what popped up in my devotions this morning? Philippians 4:13, what are the odds? I too was disappointed in the 49'rs. I got home from shopping in the second half of the game and was quite disgusted with all the fighting, didn't see the first half so not sure if something led up to their actions in the second half. Glad I am out of the running for the wind chill factor, I'm happy to have you or anyone else be the winner.

Maryq, Ugh, you mentioned kitchen, I think it was Maryz who mentioned laundry, I need to tackle both. We wash dishes by hand, there are too few and it would take forever to fill the dishwasher. And my sheets need to be washed. Curious, how big of a dent have you made at KC's house? glad she has you to help her get the information she needs to get help. Nice that your DGD will have a sewing machine, hope she loves it. and a mini iron. woo hoo. Cleaning someone else's house is a lot funner than cleaning our own. It's like a treasure hunt.

Not sure what our day will be like today. Jerry is making appointments as soon as he gets out of the shower, I will be dressed and ready to go when and wherever he says. One thing that really is on his mind is that his mom, at the age of 64 (Jerry will be 67 this year) had these exact same symptoms. She had a leg amputated because of clotting and had her lung drained and eventually died from the cancer. Jerry is adamant that he doesn't want any amputations. My mind is staying positive for him but I also need to prepare myself for what this disease can really be. I'm not jumping to any conclusions until we know what the biopsy says. I also realize there are so many things I don't know, silly things, like how to work the riding lawn mower.

I am also trying not to clean out the spare room just yet or anything else that might seem like I am getting rid of things.. Honestly my mind is preparing myself for the worst and my words are supporting Jerry, I don't want him to know my thoughts. I will be able to exhale when we get the biopsy results. I'm not crazy about the unknown.

I think, that if we aren't able to get in to see any doctors today I will sew. and watch the Waltons on my laptop.

You girls have a positive happy day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:22 am

Good Mostly Sunny Day.......

For all you freezing people shockingly I have your warmth....it's 44*! :shock:

Maryq & Val.....thank you for the information on stroke. I've not had anything to do with this sister in more years than I can remember. She is a toxic person. I do keep her in my prayers. All I know is her hospital "team" had a talk with her & she would go to Hospice. All the info I have I got from my DD1 & she got it by text from Judy's daughter. We are one of those family's that never quite jelled together. Now that my baby sister is mad & not talking to me, of the 6 siblings none talk to each other. A waste & shame.
Thank you for all you prayers.

Today I need to get ready lots of mail to send off tomorrow & I need to pick up a little candy that I can mail to my sweetie DGC for Valentine Day. Do not know what else.
Crock Pots, I remember my 1st also a Rival...olive green. The type where the pot didn't come out for washing, a little awkward to wash. Now I have a modern one but for me that insert is very heavy & awkward to wash. I love it for chili & large pearl tapioca. I've never seen the type with different sizes...nice!
Too late for me to respond to you all.
Love & Prayers for all & thank you....................Kathy

Return to “Sew ins”