Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday January 29,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Sunday January 29,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:42 am

Good morning ,

We are going to be 50⁰ today I can't believe this weather we are almost into February.
Yesterday I had my nuclear stress test and after all my witchyness I can actually say it wasn't bad and I really liked going to the cardiologist office better then the place we usually have to go it was a 3 hr test but the rewards were nice when we got out a nice treat to breakfast or you might say brunch it was 12:00 :lol: .

Today I have wash brewing and later I will wash out my new crock pot and make stew.

Chriss so sorry to here about Jerry's diagnosis
I will keep him in my prayers.
And yes it's a bummer when it's the weekend and you can't proceed.

Well thats all the news here have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Re: Sunday January 29,2023

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:43 am

Good morning, Lois. Glad your test went well. Now prayers for the results to be good and helpful to your doctor to help you to better health.
We just had that 50 degree weather yesterday. Today brings colder and rain. Maybe periods of freezing rain. After church we are treating ourselves to breakfast at the local family restaurant. Then home to stay out of the weather the rest of the day.
We got our air purifier set up, but it's not running very much. We set it to "auto", so it runs when it's needed. It keeps displaying excellent air quality. Guess I didn't need it as bad as I thought??? I still don't know what the numbers mean. Maybe it's the fan speed? It will be a number in the teens then drop down to single digit, and back up. Keeps fluctuating???
Anyone here have a purifier? Share your insight please.
Back to my coffee β˜•β˜•. Hope you all have a great day!
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:21 am

Good Morning,,,it is dreary and chilly with some rain...34 . We have another busy day...nonhockey but a graduation party for our grandson in law. He graduated from Pipefitter trade school after 5 yrs of hard work and is a sweet guy,,,Heather decided to throw him a party because he didnt have a high school grad party and has never had a birthday party...so we will celebrate Christopher Day,,,,,
Before that I have some wash to do and a bit of clean up....While the maytag is dancing I will cut some more sashing...I am making progress but the sewing may not commence till I get back from Florida...We leave friday and have a busy busy week planned,,,
I know grand children stories are plentiful here,,,,here is my latest and I couldnt be prouder....Our Nolan who is now 17....has a group of friends he hangs with,,,,one of the girls has been diagnosed with Cancer,,,She had beautiful long blonde hair which is now gone...so the boys in the group 2 of them decided to shave their heads so she wouldnt feel alone...Nolan was one of them and he shaved off his full head of naturally curly hair to support his friend. I get tearful everytime I think of how this kindness helps this sweet young lady cope with the road ahead, Please pray for Abby...
Well that all for me....God bless all of us,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:00 am

Good morning,

LOIS - I'm so glad that the test wasn't as bad as you were expecting. Perhaps it's like colonoscopies, the prep is worse than the actual test. And so nice to get that reward - brunch! My favorite meal! Now will pray for good results for you.

CHRISS - so sorry to hear about Jerry's diagnosis. I will keep him in prayers. If there is anything at all I can do for you, you know where I am. πŸ’“

VALERIE - I don't know how you care for Dad (even w/ CG, I'm sure much falls to you), work full time plus, keep caught up on so many projects, run a household, and still have time do lotto for us. You amaze me every day! By the way, I hope everyone at least looks at your lotto block for Feb. Sew easy!! And what a great use of scraps. I will get to it as soon as I get to everything else here first. I first joined QIAD in July, 2008. I was afraid to post for the first 4 months, just read what y'all were doing. Now, I can't start my day without coffee and "Q"!

MARY Q - how was Corinne's play? WHAT was Corinne's play? Autumn loved being in plays from first grade on, was president of the drama club in high school, and her plan was to go to NY to be an actress. About that time, Matel came out with a Barbie dressed in trendy fall clothing called "Autumn in New York". Guess what she got for Christmas that year! lol! No, the boys don't come by our house unless food is being served. They live too far away. But our friend, Doyle, who only lives a mile from us, was here a lot. He kept good watch over the place.

JUDI - I know you are proud of your sweet Nolan! What a good heart he has and it's gestures like that that mean so much and DO so much. God bless him. And have a happy Christopher Day! I know you're proud of him, too! (Christopher is one of my favorite names.)

JANA - I can hear your three little girls giggling clear from here while they play with their Barbies! And I love the sound! In fact, I love the sound of kids playing, period!

VELDA - I don't know anything about air purifiers. Sorry. But good news on all your labs! Glad to hear you are going to pull through.

Yesterday one of my good friends passed away. She was only 60 year old but had a vicious form of M.S. Her family moved her back to GA in Nov to be closer to them. She was a former co-worker and part of our little four-person group that gets together 3 times a year for birthdays and Christmas. We'll miss her sweet self. :cry: We spent the morning in Tacoma. I dropped "Chip" off for a spa treatment. I really gave him a workout while in Texas and he deserved a little R&R. Five other errands and we were home by 1pm. After lunch I washed trailer bedding/towels/rugs and put more things away and did some dusting. Boy, is the dust thick around this house! So, more of everything today - washing, cleaning, putting away, etc. I need to mend a tear in our trailer duvet cover. Dinner will be leftover meatloaf so not much cooking. Football games will be on and I hope at some point to sit down and enjoy them. Since the Seahawks aren't in the running, I'm rooting for San Francisco to take it all!

Have a cotton'y day!
mary z
>^+^<

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:53 am

Good Cloudy Mild Morning.....

What a surprise for me this morning when I saw I didn't post yesterdays post. I got distracted having the cleaning girl here.

Chris.....I'm so very sad to hear about Jerry. I will keep Jerry, you & his Doc's in my prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

Maryz.......Welcome home! I'm sure your house missed you.

I know we are not doctors but I have a question about stroke. I have no one else to ask. My sister, Judy, had a severe one, paralyzed left side & can't talk or swallow(feeding tube). She won't get better. She is aware. She has been moved to Hospice. Her health is good. Does she just lay there until she dies.
I'm sorry to ask this but there's not connect with my family. Thank you.

Not much happening here, hand quilting is my plan & a Godzilla movie. We are going it be in the 40*. Chicken for dinner. Also going to get the mail.

Lois.....enjoy you weather. Good to hear your test went well. I hope you had a good meal after. I have 2 loads for the washer but it's still broken.

Vel.........no rain due here, cold weather due on Wed. Hope you enjoyed your breakfast. When Spring comes that purifier might be working over time.

Judi........I love the DGC stories. I vote yes for more. Nolan is a boy to be very proud of. What a good friend.

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:44 am

Good Morning Girls

Dang it's cold!!! 8* BELOW zero... Sure hope my car starts this morning as I promised KC I'd come visit and check out the last of her fabric! (or maybe I hope it doesn't :roll: :roll: )

Lois....Glad that test is over? Always a bonus to go out to eat after something like that... bet that cup of coffee tasted pretty darn good! Do you have to go back to Dr. office to get results or were they able to tell you anything when you were there?

Velda.... When I was a kid, every once in a while my Dad would take us all out to eat after Sunday Mass! One of my most fondest memories! When all else fails, read the instructions! That's my motto! I rarely read directions that come with stuff, but there has to be a book of some kind with your air thingee! :lol: :lol:

Judi... What an awesome kid... Nolan!!! You must tell him that all the "grannies" here on the forum think he is pretty cool!

Maryz.... Same thing here, Can't start my day without checking in here.. Once in a while I miss getting here and it throws my whole day off! Corinne's play was "Newsies, Jr." about the kids selling newspapers on the street back in the early 1900's. Those kids were pretty amazing and some of them sure had great singing voices! Sorry to hear of your friend. May she rest in peace.

Kathy..... So sorry to hear of your sister. Is she close by to you? If hospice has been called in, I'm guessing they will do what ever they can to keep her comfortable. A lot of it depends on what her wishes are, if she has DNR/DNI etc. I will keep her in prayers too. Would you be able to visit and spend time with her?

Think I better get in gear... the sooner I get to KC"s the sooner I get home. So far, I've sold almost $700 worth of fabric! There's still so much left! But I'll give it another week or so, then I'm going to pack it up and save it until the big garage sale in May. We have enough for a plane ticket, if she decides to go. And I know that we can sell a LOT at the garage sale!

so I wish you all a most wonderful day!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:46 am

Happy Sunday! Hoping your week is blessed and fruitfull.

Went to Antioch shop yesterday. My donkey is all put together, He is quite cute. My buildings are all cut, I have my fabric chosen for my sheep and the trees. My project box is organized and I am ready to go. Was going to cut my new Kim Diehl BOM but decided I really was tired and so left an hour early. Maybe today I can do that as my cutting table is all cleaned off! I have filed to 1099 for Caregiver for last year and just waiting for the IRS to send acceptance.

Cloudy and maybe some rain here today. Weather app says only getting to 49*. I am sure that is not correct. I do have to go to the grocery later praying all is well with the weather.

Lois how long until you get your results? Sounds like it went well though.

Vel have never had a purifier so no idea what the numbers mean. Is there a manual or something with it. I am wondering since they change by themselves if it has something to do with the air quality.

Judy I really don't know what a pipefitter does (well maybe they fit pipes?) but I have never considered it an easy job. Wow, Nolan has really turned out to be a great friend. Not many would do that. Prayer for the young girl to recover from this and move on with her life.

Maryz I guess I ran out of time for Lotto as the other Mary has stepped up to help. I If you knew how many projects I was behind in........But the ones I want to be caught up are caught up. I have learned to accept imperfections, clutter but also have learned to pay attention to what is important to me and treat myself nicely. My back will not keep the house clean anymore and I need it to sew, so priorities are followed. The caregiver does enough during the week and Zach is here on Sunday so important stuff is done. It is all in what you are willing to accept yourself and not try to live up to others expectations. I am hoping lots of people join this month 2. It would be nice to have a 2 person wining month. I am rooting for San Francisco to win it all too! What a story that would make for such a young quarterback. He is only 22! So composed. Hoping his team steps up.

Kathy it is less common to have left sided paralysis and loss of speech and swallow. More commonly that goes along with right sided paralysis. But there is a % of the population whose speech/swallow centers are on the opposite side of the brain than the normal. Does she have an advance directive? Her medical team should be following that. Is she in a nursing home? Hospice is not about "just lay there". We do want people to live to their fullest potential. If she is in a nursing home, they should get her up every day if she can tolerate it. It may only be short periods at a time but if she can interact with others in some way she should be given the chance. If she is at home Hospice should be working with whoever is caring for her to work out a daily plan and providing instruction on how to care for her.

Well, Zach will be here soon so need to get this show on the road. Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:50 am

Good sunny Sunday morning to all.

Chriss--I am so very sorry to hear of Jerry's cancer. You must stay strong and know many of your un-seen sisters are praying for you and your family. My shoulders are here to cry on and my arms are here to hug you like so many others. As you travel this road please post-you are never alone!

Diane

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:51 am

Chriss, I'm saddened to hear of Jerry's diagnosis.
Sure wish I lived closer so I could give you a hug.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:37 am

Good morning!

Beautiful and cold here in my mountains. More snow today.

Daniel finished adding some storage in my Batt Cave for me. It's called Versa Track, that is a slide- able pegboard type system. Easy to put up and easy to move and arrange stuff on it. He installed the system at the end wall by my LA. I can hang my many wreaths, in their bags, for the front door on it. Also, lots of my tools, groovy boards for my LA as well. You can get pegs, baskets, shelves, etc for it. We got ours at Lowes. Daniel loves this system and is putting it up all over, my Batt Cave, the garage, Sandee's, when he wants and needs to keep things organized. He hates hunting for his tools!

My 49ers play in a little while. Should be a good game and nailbiter! Go Niners! After the game, you'll find me 8n the Batt Cave organizing.

Oh, at the end of February, I am speaking in church. I have a topic and lots of time to prepare. That's a good thing!

Many prayers, hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œSew ins”