Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday January 29,2023

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Sunday January 29,2023

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:07 am

Good morning, the sun is hiding, and we are supposed to get a few sprinkles. The Robin's and the squirrels are still sleeping but will be out soon. It's going to be a marvelous day.

I will head to the grocery store today. I need only a few things so it should be a quick trip. I want to get a small 4 cup coffee maker. We have two coffee pots here and Jerry usually finishes his and mine as well. I drink maybe two cups. Recently he doesn't even finish his pot so much goes to waste.

I've started cleaning out the freezer. Jerry and I used to eat so differently, but not so much anymore. He would put his leftovers in the freezer as TV dinners. I can't tell you how many tacos I found. I am thawing them out and taking the meat to put in taco salads for myself. I just don't want to see the waste. He doesn't seem to be hungry often, I will get him some ensure.

I've read that red meat should be eaten sparingly for Jerry so I will also buy some fish and chicken, maybe a pork chop too. I have to relearn to cook and plan meals again. Dinner tonight will be chicken, although I am not sure what else will be on the menu. Fruits and vegetables are a must. But he just doesn't want to eat much.

Valerie, did your stove get repaired? Other than frying an egg I couldn't tell you the last time I used the stove or oven. I also rarely carry a purse. Kathy sent me a little pocket wallet years ago and I use it so often, it has slots, so I keep my money, atm card and license in it. I really don't need anything else, keys in another pocket and phone in the rear pocket. Enjoy your days off, hope you can make a lot of your time about you. We are also supposed to get a bit of rain today. I feel it in the air but am so hoping it fizzles out.

Maryq, glad you are moving that fabric. Now that there is enough for a plane ticket will there be a plane ticket? I'm glad you said what you said about Jerry being sedate, it made me think and you were right, he, hasn't been feeling good for quite a while. Thanks. I joined this forum on September 28, 2007, and it has changed my life too, and I am a better person for the virtual friends I have here. Dang, $700 is a lot of fabric, glad she is benefiting financially and able to have you help clean out the closets.

Jana, every time I read Barbie in a post here I laugh. Marilyn had a holiday barbie at Christmas which is when they came out. Difference between holiday barbie and regular barbie is the dress. She would open the barbie, want a bath and both would be in a tub of bubbles in no time.

Velda, so glad your A1C is on track. Such an important thing to keep track of. Before I went on Atkins (low carb) I was pre-diabetic. My numbers are on track as well and I am no longer considered pre-diabetic. I've never used an air purifier, hope yours gets figured out.

Lois, I am glad your experience with the stress test was a good one, I'm praying for good test results. 3 hours is a long test but a good breakfast when you are hungry is a marvelous thing. Curious to know what you think of that new crock pot.

Judi, what? no hockey. Enjoy the graduation and give your grandson in law a high five from me. what an accomplishment. Why did he not ever have a birthday party? I will add Abby to my prayers and will thank God for Nolan and ask for blessings for him. Kids like Nolan come from good parents.

Maryz, how nice to be home. Sorry to hear about your friend. 60 is quite young, I know this because in July I will also be 60. Happy dusting. Glad Chip gets to have a reprieve from sewing for a little while. He will be raring to go when he gets home. What is your next project? I also love the sound of kids playing. The elementary school is across the street from me, and I often go outside at recess time. Yes, I do know where you are, thanks.

Kathy, I don't know much about strokes, but I imagine that since Hospice has been called in they will keep her comfortable. I imagine it would really depend on how much she is able to tolerate, Hospice would help her move if possible, and talk with her or perhaps read to her to help keep her mind active. Is the sister who you aren't on good terms with? I wonder, if you went to see her, could both of you find peace and maybe reconcile? Said a prayer for both of you. How is your cleaning girl working out.

Lori, I felt that hug, thank you so very much.

Diane thank you. He really is being quite positive, He even said that I wasn't getting to turn the living room into my sewing room just yet. He plans on beating this, whatever this turns out to be, and I am thankful for that. God is in control, and I am preparing my mind for whatever comes.

Jana, you said it and I googled it. Versa Track, it really is cool. Like Daniel I hate hunting for something that should be where it belongs. Jerry is completely the opposite. Two things I got upset about him not putting back were the butter and the good flashlight for going outside at night. Those items have been where they belong since my growling. Enjoy your organizing. Hope your, and my sons, niners win. Jerrry is watching the pre pre pre game which will be followed by the pre pre game and then the pre game. What is your topic for your talk at church.

I am glad I was able to give Jerry the QOV quilt as it gets carried to the bedroom at night and out to his chair during the day. He has more than once told me to thank everyone who contributed. He is very proud of and grateful to have that quilt.

It just started to rain, not heavily yet. Perhaps I can put off going to the grocery store until tomorrow.

Thanks for your support, prayers and positive kind words. I hope you all have the best day ever.

chriss
Exodus 33:14

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:16 am

Chriss,
You have my prayers and good wishes too! Many (((HUGS)))!

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:45 am

Chriss -

The subject is taken from, Phillipians 4:13. - I can do all things through Christ, which strengthenth me. I will use that as the base and research the subject through conference talks and other scripture references too.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:09 am

Good Day from the Hill Country, where it's cool and rainy. Phone just popped up with notification of possible freezing rain. Temp is 60 but will drop later in the day.

MaryZ, Yes, we came up to the house yesterday. Will probably be here for the week. I'm sorry for your loss. But know your friend is no longer in pain must give you some comfort.

Chriss, my heart and prayers go out to you and Jerry. I wonder if he hesitated seeing Dr because he knew something was wrong and didn't want to know? I don't like the, not knowing. The Chiropractor did help Garry, but he's got to keep it moving.

Lois, glad the test is over, bet brunch and coffee were extra yummy.

Velda, I remember your story of that quilt. You seem quite busy with the church group, bet their glad you are there and not in Texas.

Judi, all your running wears me out. Hope you have a good rest in FL. Hugs to Nolan for being a super friend. Prayers for Abby.

Kathy, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Sending prayers.

MaryQ, stay warm up there. I may need you to text me a few new fabric pictures, my stash here is very small.

Valerie, you need more than a couple days off. You're another one that makes me tired with all you do. Hope Zach is working out.

I joined Feb. 10, 2008. You are all wonderful friends and I'm so happy I found this forum.

I have a hubby story for y'all. Garry is a wonderment at times. Yesterday we were about 12 miles south of Blanco and Garry asks me if I'm going to stop at the quilt shop, Uptown Blanco Textile Studio. He remembered our seeing it going south in Dec. So yes, I stopped. Wow, it's in a beautiful old building on Hwy 281, the main street thru town. This building had been a general store. There's ladders for the employees to get down fabrics that are 3 high on the walls. I only bought a yard of black and a couple fats quarters this time. We go by it on our way to the coast and back, so I'm sure it will be a regular stop. I will try and post the picture I took. I'm actually on my laptop today, which is rare for me.

I have some paperwork to get sorted that I have been dragging around for months. We will probably watch some of the games and have to cheer for Chiefs or my Sis in law would be upset at us.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:31 am

Lynn sweet of Gary to remind you about that beautiful Quilt shop I only wish I had any kind of a quilt shop near me.

Lois

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:35 am

I may not have mentioned that my daughter is having a real wedding ceremony in April so I will take a week or so off then. They were married at the court house about a year ago. They are having it at the Delta when DH family goes every year for fishing. I will have to take Dad with me so looking for handicap accessible housing.

Lyn that looks like a great shop. Zach is helping out. He has Dad's morning down and did the blood sugar all by himself today.

Chriss don't buy a lot of ensure to begin with. Some find it too sweet. It is best cold. I use the Fairlife or Premier Plus drinks for Dad. He really likes them. I get both at Costco. Will continue prayers for you both.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:31 pm

Jana, I love Phillipians. Great verse. It will be a great lesson.

Carol, thanks my friend, hope you are doing well.

Lyn, next time take me with you, what a fun place, so nice of Garry to remind you to stop. Had to go back and look at the picture, I always forget to look at the hanging quilts when I go to a quilt store. Your Chiefs are doing quite well, it's just after half time but when I am done typing I will cross my fingers for you. I think that Jerry didn't go to the doctor earlier because he thought he would feel better soon. Like you, I would just go to the doctor. Although I wonder if he hadn't had issues with his leg if they would have checked for cancer.

Valerie, I bout a 6 pack of each Ensure and Boost. If he ends up not drinking them, I will take them up to the senior center. and I will go buy different brands. Thanks. Congratulations to your DD and her wedding. Sounds like a nice mini vacation for you. Hope all is good for dad to make the trip.

Made chicken alfredo for dinner. Jerry didn't want noodles with it. Tomorrow fish with asparagus. Yum. You all have a great night

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”