Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday January 27,2023

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Friday January 27,2023

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:39 am

Good morning. Here it is, another beautiful sun shiny day. Last night and early this morning taking Moose outside to do whatever Mooses do outside, the stars were so bright and just gorgeous against the black night sky. I love living here, it's a beautiful place.

So yesterday I went to the dump for Jerry, he isn't well enough to go, but did load the truck. On the way there his truck just stopped. Reverse worked but the gears wouldn't make the truck go. I was thinking clutch but there I was in the middle of the road with no place to pull off. I messed with the 4WD shifter and still nothing. I said God I need help. Shifted the 4WD shifter again and was able to go to the dump, dump and go home. God takes such good care of me.

Judi, I'm so glad Sophia is doing well. I picture her as a little girl sitting on your countertop helping to make bread. You told us about her helping you bake once and I have never seen a picture of it but made one up in my head, it's adorable I wish you could see it how I see it. How exciting to learn a new language, will she learn to write as well as speak it? The lady who cuts my hair is Japanese and is taking an English class. She showed me the list of words she needs to learn and next to each one she wrote the word in Japanese to help her learn the word, hope that made sense, it could help Sophia. Love that she is sewing.

Lois, I had to go google choose a crockpot. very cool. I saw two kinds. One had a split crock so you could cook two things at one time. The other had different sizes of crocks. Which did you get? Hope your test goes well.

Diane, those bigger than laptop sized quilts are a job to quilt and put together. But the joy it will bring to your daughter and the smile she will have each time she uses it will be a blessing.

Suzette, it sort of sounds like it might be a good idea to leave your center counsel and glove box open so when the thief's look inside they will see nothing and move on. Enjoy your class, so kind of you to go early to your class and offer to adopt fabric. Fabric deserves a loving home, so nice of you to offer yours.

Velda, isn't attitude everything. positive thinking is so important. I read once you can't get things done if you are busy wringing your hands. Glad you caught the A1C and will get it fixed.

Maryz, so glad you are home and unhitched. Sometimes I go unhitched but I don't have a trailer (HA HA, I'm so funny) Baby Theo is home and has been for just over a week. He still has lots of doctor appointments coming up. I haven't met him yet, her parents are still there and have been since before Thanksgiving. They are supposed to go home this weekend.

Lyn, you are always busy. How is DH? I was wondering the same thing about Mary's neighbor Vicky, just forgot to ask.

Jana, I think Marilyn was about 8 years old when the poof went out of her dresses. My pleas of "Just try it on and see" often went unmet. I'll never forget when I told her to just try it on, she went into the dressing room by herself of course, she closed the door and I said Don't roll your eyes at me and she said, how did you know grandma. too funny.

Maryq, I often don't know what day it is. I have a weekly pill container for my vitamins. I look at it daily to see what day it really is. Sorry your neighbor passed, but at 91 she lived quite a while. Glad she had family with her.

I hear the stove starting up with the tick tick tick of the gas burner. Someone is making some bacon. Now, If I could get him to make some low carb gravy I could make 90 second bread and have mock biscuits and gravy with a couple of fried eggs and bacon. yum.

Today is play in my room day. Hope you all have a marvelous dya
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeeOne

Re: Friday January 27,2023

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 am

Chriss, Garry is mostly Ok. His right side back, hip and leg are bothering him. L5 is getting out of place. Had him to the Chiropractor yesterday for an adjustment. He would help himself if he walked more and did side to side stretches. But y'all know the saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but ya can't make 'em drink."

Glad to hear baby Theo is finally home.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”