Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, Jan 26th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday, Jan 26th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:47 am

Maryq, google your local "Agency on Aging". Ask them for resources for KC. Another helpful resource is ADRC Aging and Disability Resource center. Both of these are in every state, and you just need to find the one for your area in your state. And, if there is a local senior center, they may have a list of places to contact for help. You said she has a caseworker, is she on your Medicaid as well as Medicare? If her Medicaid caseworker isn't helpful perhaps, she could ask for a new one? Not sure who her insurance contact is but, if she is looking for a secondary insurance to Medicare, she should be talking to a broker rather than an agent. A broker represents many insurance companies, an agent only represents their own company. I just googled Senior help in Missouri and came up with Mo.Gov. and a link to senior services. For a POA she will likely need to have help filling and filing the form, she will need to pick a POA person to represent her wishes. As for Jerry, he has a doctor appointment Friday afternoon. He has also told me his wishes in the event he is really ill, I will follow his direction. I would expect him to follow my wishes.
Psalm 91

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:44 pm

Chris...Sophia is a favorite of many,,,She does get a little sore playing hockey,,,but ice and aleve do her well...She is now teaching herself Japanese....Bought a book and is in love with the culture...She is an amazing little girl..Thank you so much for asking,,,,<3 <3 <3
Maryq it is very easy to make Amazon returns,,,you just download a Qcode when you request your return,,,then you take the item to any UPS store (one right across the street from my grocery store) Drop it off show them the code and they tke the item...dont even have to package it...xxxooo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:45 pm

Good evening, thought I already posted but guess not. Went to UFO class. Donkey done except last 2 seams. Slowly getting my deadline stuff caught up. Open Sew in Antioch Saturday with Free Sew on the 30th and 31st. Hoping to be caught up by then.

Mary glad your travels are over at least for now. Will you go back when baby arrives?

Doing 12 hour shift tonight so need to doze a bit. I will check back in in the morning.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”