Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, Jan. 25

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Wednesday, Jan. 25

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:37 pm

Good morning everyone,
It is way to early. I went to bed a little earlier then usual so now I am awake. We are supposed to get some yucky wet weather starting sometime this morning. So I am going to get the dogs outside before it starts. Later today I am going to start cutting the fabric for the 2nd memory quilt. MaryZ asked me who they were for. A friend of mine asked me to make them for her. I don’t know the story behind them. Well, let me take the dogs out and see if I can go back to sleep. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Wednesday, Jan. 25

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:51 am

Good morning Suzette,

Suzette what pattern are you using for the memory quilts?
We are suppose to get rain also around mid morning I have to go to the post office to mail some stuff out so that will be the first thing to do.
Yesterday was the scavenger hunt then laundry it was a busy day.
I even got my 3rd oliso iron yesterday.
After my errands I will open it up and try it out keep your fingers crossed 🤞 that the 3rd time will be a charm.
Mary Z I love my new Black and Decker iron it really does a nice job and it's light weight.

Chriss I saw Jerry wrapped in his quilt what a fabulous Job you did.

Mary Z I hope you are getting closer to home
Safe travels.

Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:08 am

Lois - To tell you the truth I don’t know the names of the patterns. One is made from alternate squares that end up going diagonally on the top. The one I am going to start cutting today is rectangle strips. The seams don’t line up. I don’t know if this makes sense or not.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:53 am

Morning
Suzette I also use a Black & Decker iron, I always have. I use tap water, so when it gets plugged I get a new one. It's cheaper to replace every 5 to 8 years than buy distilled water.
Lous I also was up early, up at 5. I may nap later, but for now I'm having coffee and planning my snow day. Watching the list of closed schools on local news, I think it would be easier to say everything closed, go back to bed. When we lived in Cali mountains, there were a few days I kept kids home when school opened because I felt roads weren't safe. It's good to see schools being cautious.
Time to refill my cup
Flo

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:15 am

Good Morning This our day to watch the snow ❄️🌨️. But DH has a doctor appointment at 11:00. After that the snow is expected to be heavier and wet snow. Hope we can get all that done, then just keep warm under our quilts and forget about the weather. Here at condo, we don't shovel. All that is done for us. I expect to plan another quilt top for church. I finished one yesterday that I really like, maybe I should share a picture??
Enjoy your day
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:20 am

Good morning

We are halfway through California. We had a very good run yesterday and will make it into southern Oregon tonight, or last night on the road. We will be home in about 33 hours! Whoo Hoo! We have a Fortnite camping trip planned for mid March. Right now, much as I love camping, it holds no appeal for me. I wonder why! 😝. But come March, I’m sure I will feel differently

Chriss, if Jerry is having trouble breathing he should go to urgent care as soon as possible. It only takes The blink of an eye for him to go from bad to worse. I have swap suggestions galore! Step into my office and we can discuss. Garden, home, sports, under the sea, desserts, snail trail blocks, zoo animals, and more.

My Black $ Decker is really heavy. It looks just like my mother’s old iron is only A year old. And so far, so good. As much as Olisos and Rowenta irons cost They don’t get third chances with me.

No Internet here so I am on my phone. Weather looks good all the way home plus several more days. Maybe even mother nature is tired of her tantrums!

Later!

Mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:52 am

Good Morning it is snowmagedon (according to the weathermen) We have about an inch here predicted about 3-8 I am doubtful/// They started closing school last night,,,,bunch a wimps/// Yes i did walk to school home for lunch and back and I dont rememebr ever ever having a snow day. We only had one car and my dad took that to work...my mother said "Bundle up and wear your boots"
I too have a black and decker heavy classic iron. They are about $20 I got mine from a lady for $10 She said it was too heavy,,still in the box. I went the fancy expensive irons and they are a waste of money...I can buy a lot of these irons for the price of the fancy ones,,,,(Yes I know some of you have the rowentas and ollisos and you love them) I dont use water in mine I use a spray bottle...having been burned on the steam irons I just usr this one hot and dry.
Ken and i have a great time at the wings game last night,,,they won....We had seat 4 rows from the glass...a great game...even Ken liked it.
Well Since Ken doesnt drive Big Red in the salty roads...He took my car...I dont usually drive in this weather anyway...so I will look around for somthing to do but it looks like a sew day for me...
We are supposed to go to dinner with family tonight for Rykers 7th birthday,,we shall see if they still do it...lots of closures already and it just started snowing,,,,
Have a wonderful day XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:54 am

Mary my oliso is the small project iron it cost 60.00 who new it would be a stinker so I know from now on .

Lois

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:15 am

Good Morning all
We have about 2 inches of snow on ground and still snowing. Weather man says 2 to 4 Well it looks like it will be more than 2. I am supposed to go to town today may have to wait until tomorrow. We will see. Jim just has a blood test today but can be put off for a day.
Not a lot going on here. Snow!!! I finished my Easter table runner and started cleaning up my quilt that needs to go to quilter. I found a small problem and needs all seams pressed. Then hopefully I can get quilted by late April. I used as a flimsy last year on my bed. Thus the pressing and trimming threads.
Then back to work on chicken feet LOL
Judi I had an Oliso used it about 3 years and it took a dump. I got my iron at Walmart and I too dont use steam but a spray bottle. I bought it about 5 years ago. I was going to buy another Oliso but this one just keeps going .
Maryz It will be nice to get home. Vacations are wonderful but not like home. Mother nature has been good to us for three weeks in Jan so this snow is not a bad thing. No wind just snow falling.
Well we will see I got to go put wood in burner.
Velda I dont mind this snow. Usually by now I say NO not more snow. LOL
Well ladies I need to go build the fire up'
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:18 am

Good morning to all.
Vel--please post a picture, it's always fun to see others work. Please be super careful in the snow. YUK!!! Hope everything goes well with the doctor.

Maryx--how many miles was this trip?? Are you going to stay home before the next??

Flo--when my kids were in grade school they took the school bus. When bad snow storms came, I figured if I wouldn't drive in it I sure as hell wouldn't put my kids in a bus that was as old as dirt.

Lois--I bought so many high end irons and had very little time with them. They either leaked and never hot enough and super heavy. I love my walmart black and decker-light and gets very hot. Its great and even if it goes in a year or two, I got my moneys worth.

For those in the storm, please be careful. We'll get rain and then stormy later the afternoon.
Diane

Return to “Sew ins”