Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday January 24,2023

Daily discussions.
velvet

Re: Tuesday January 24,2023

Post by velvet » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:17 am

Good day to all.
I just came home from Diane's. We're were cutting fabrics for kit making next Tues. The national sewing day for QOV is in Feb. and we hope to have kits ready with spares for people to also take home and finish.
Yesterday I was as the apnea dr. for my new night appliance and it went fast and good. Slept thru the night which is unusual for me. Hope tonight is the same.

I've seen the storm that is going to effect a lot of you. Please be super cautious!! If possible stay home---sew-drink coffee and eat chocolate!!!

Diane

P.S. Does your DH going around getting cows in a "family way" often??? LOL

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:52 am

Good morning. It's a beautiful sun shiny day outside. I was just getting ready to sew the binding on my quilt, yes finally, and thought I'd see what you all were up to on this gorgeous day.

I may get that living room turned into a sewing room yet. Jerry just can't breathe well. Two steps forward one step back. We have a zoom appointment on Friday and if they need us to we will go in and he will be seen in person. I gave him the option of going into urgent care but he wants to wait so wait we shall. I will feel bad if he has something serious and I do have the option of actually making the living a sewing room. Guess I should be watching what I think.

Jerry's doctor office called him for his Medicare number he didn't want to give it to them because of all the fraud stuff he's read. So, I got on the phone and asked if I could call the doctor's office and give them the number. I have the doctor's office number in my phone I wouldn't jot down a number the caller gave me because, if it were fraud, they would answer the phone and it wouldn't be legit. Gosh he's a grumpy man, he must really be feeling bad.

For Christmas Jerry bought me the longest widest wool mat I could find on Amazon. I have a cutting table from Joanns and the mat is the length and more than half the width of the table. Used it yesterday to make binding. I am so so happy with that mat. I use a baby changing table that we had made into a sewing table. I just might be able to get rid of it and stick with this long mat. I have two other wool mats in different sizes and just love them.

Looking forward to February lotto and seeing who wins January. Stupid I know but I try to make the blocks and send them in as early as possible, then I try to forget about which block was make so if I win I am surprised. Sometimes I can still fool myself,

That Maryz is trying to talk me into hosting a swap. Not sure I really want to, but if I did host a swap what should it be? Houses, quilters choice, one specific block? Scrappy or a specific color. I'm not saying I'm going to host but that Mary has a way of making me think I might want to. Postage is another factor. Give me your ideas girls, the lack of ideas will tell me I am not hosting.

You all have a marvelous day, I'm going to go get a handful of granola and start sewing binding. woo hoo,

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:57 pm

Good afternoon all! Been a very busy day here. Had to take Smoke to the vet this morning. He has been limping for about 3 days and not getting better. Glad I did because he has a torn ligament. He has pills to take and chewys for the pain but will be several months before it might get healed if at all. They said he can have surgery if it doesn't get better but that costs 3000 to 5000 dollars so that is out of the question no matter how much I love my 9 year old Smoke. He can walk but just limps on that leg. So will be praying for him when I do my morning Bible study. Sadie is still here but will go to her new home with my son in a couple of more weeks after he gets moved into his new apartment. Sure has been a very busy 2023 so far.

We are expecting a storm tonight with from 4 - 8 inches of snow and blowing winds. We will all just stay in and keep bundled up until it is over. Won't even drive out to get the mail at least not until it stops and the roads get plowed.

For those of you interested I got an e-mail this morning that the Sauder Village Quilt Show is May 3 thru May 6th. At least that means spring is coming. Hope everyone has a good and safe weekend.

Sherry

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:33 pm

MaryZ - the memory quilts are being made for a friend of mine to give someone. I don’t know anything more then that about who the quilts are in memory of.
Suzette

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:59 pm

Hi everyone!!
Hmmmmmm Chriss, I'll have to think about ideas.....🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 ............

Tina

Return to “Sew ins”