Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, Jan. 22

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, Jan. 22

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:07 am

Good morning everyone.
Well, it has been a rough no sleeping type of night. I took hubby to the hospital for his last sleep test. Well, when they started it he couldn’t tolerate the mask and how it worked. He felt like he was being smothered. So, they called me and I had to go get him. We came home and I couldn’t get to sleep till sometime after midnight. Hopefully I will get some sleep and finished the memory quilt top. I only need to get the border on. Then I can start the second one. But, I don’t know if I can trust myself with a rotary cutter. We will see. We ar supposed to get freezing rain today. Good day to stay in. Have a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, Jan. 22

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:08 am

Good morning Suzette,

Sorry you didn't get any sleep hopefully you are sleeping now.
Yesterday I finished the Elephant top today I hope to start the boy.
But before I can do that I have some wash to do and I want to bake some lemon blueberry scones using up the rest of the blueberries 🫐

Well thats all the news here.
I hope you all have a great day.
Safe travels to all .
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:48 am

Good morning last game is at 9. We are packing the car and will
Leave from the rink fir home. The weather here has been fine. Very cold but clear. One more game to win and we will
Have taken the entire showcase. This will be our last showcase with these kids as Liam moves to high school hockey next year he will be a sophomore. He is ready to move up. Hope you are all
Doing fine and prayers for those that need. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:34 am

It has rained most of the night and should stay that way for most of the day. We need the rain like so many others. It will give me a chance to work on Dawns' TN. WALTZ quilt. I have 5 blocks finished and only have 90 or so more to go. Add the end tables and her dresser top probably need a total of over 100. I have time need it for July for their 25th wedding anniversary.

Suzette--my sleep test was very annoying with the hook ups, and to try to sleep was impossible. I couldn't even try the cpac. I felt like your DH with it on. I have a sort of retainer that I use every night to help straighten out my jaw and stop my snoring. Its annoying but I got used to it eventually. Please do not use a rotary if you are tired and not really in the mood--very dangerous-- please count all digits if you do. There is always a better time later.

Lois--if you live close to Myrtle Beach--can I stop in for a few of those scones?? I'll even bring the coffee.
You have my stomach rumbling for them!

Gram--how can Liam be in H.S. already?? Doesn't seem fair when this kids grow up super quick around us.
Wish him and his team a win on his game today.

Here is hoping everyone is safe and enjoys this rainy but beautiful SUNDAY.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:36 am

Good morning,

LOIS - I saw your elephant quilt on FB. It's a cutie! That is the one I've seen the pattern for someplace before.

SUZETTE - sorry about the no sleep, and sorry for your hubby that he is having to go through this. Will they repeat the test or did he call a halt? Are you loving your new Bernie? I remember when you bought your other one when you retired. I'm a Bernie gal, too. I love mine. Bill bought me our first one for Christmas, 1990 when we were still dating. I wore that thing out and finally sold it for parts. I got my next one in 2008 and my latest one in 2018. I still have the 2008 model. It's my travel and back-up machine. And yes, they can fix every part of it. I've had my threader fixed twice on my latest model. I carry maintainance agreements on both machines and get my good completely serviced about 3 or 4 times a year and my old one at least once. The maintainance agreement is expensive but it goes for 3 yrs and covers everything. Do you have another machine for back-up?

KATHY - I'm so sorry you have this situation in your family. My guess is there is no real reason for your CG/Sis (Sis) to be mad. She's just wants to be mad and won't tell you because she knows it's a silly thing. I'm guessing this this because the same thing has happened more than once in my family, with different people and in different generations. It's always menopausal women, too, who are the angry one. Not saying that's the cause, but it's an observation. Saying a prayer for you! I know it hurts.

VAL - a pretty kit! I'm glad that quilt shop was resusitated! And it's good to see a man in quilting.

CHRISS - Sorry you missed the Happy/Scrappy book. It was in the daily e-mail I get from QIAD. They will probably offer it again before too long. It's a great book for anyone who likes scraps.

VAL - great info on Hospice. Most people think it's for end of life only and don't realize patients can come and go with Hospice. Thanks for phone info. This trip has been hard on my phone. For the past several days I've been having to turn it on and off several times a day. It's old (for a phone. If it were a people it would probably be in first grade by now). I might be getting a new one before long.

MARY Q - yes! Please have someone else there when people come to your house for fabric. But I also meant only offer those appts at YOUR convenience. And pick the days/hours your "store" will be open so you aren't confined to certain times. If you have more than one shopper at a time, they might feel there's competition and more eager to buy. Or you might pile the boxes in a corner of your garage and wait for spring so you can put the fabric on tables in your driveway, like a garage sale.

JANA - you lose your voice at least once a year, don't you. Hope it comes back soon!

FLO - yay! the thread has arrived! Let the fun begin!

TINA B - I love turkey soup!

Today we're crossing the Mojave dessert. It's about 200 miles and we're going to hit the road about 5am to try to avoid the wind. So I got to get moving!

mary z

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:38 am

Good Morning all.
Suzette: Will they be able to do a sleep study in a different manner? What's next for your DH?
I don't have any sewing planned today, but you never know, I might find something to do after church. Just leaving it up for grabs. Yesterday I made a new cover for a throw pillow that came from my mother, or it could have been grandmother? The fabrics were so old and rotting with holes and tears. It was a dresdan plate, so that's what I made for the new cover.
That's all I have to share
Enjoy your day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:28 am

Blessed Sunday to you all.

Suzette those machines/masks can be difficult. My Mom could never tolerate it either. They do have new and improved types. Maybe you can get a little nap in today.

Lois did you post the elephant top? Would love to see it. Lemon blueberry sure sounds good.

Judi hoping and praying this will work out for Liam's team. Sure would be great to go out at the top.

Diane are you hinting that you've had a rotary cutter accident? Oh I hope not. Those can be horrible. Do you still have all your digits. Is the Waltz quilt Eleanor's? I've thought of doing that one once or twice.

Maryz I really like the kit/pattern. A bit worried about the diamonds but when I do get to it, I will go slow. The other thing people may not know is Hospice does not pay for everything. Once a week I get a box of gloves, a bag of diapers, 5 dressings, small tube of barrier cream, small bottle of peri wash, and 120 personal wipes. If I need more, the patient has to purchase. They do provide equipment but it has to be approved by the case manager. I only asked for an over bed table and bedside commode. Both were approved.

Vel I have plenty of sewing I can send you. Seems back in the day ladies made a lot of Dresden plates.

Kathy much of California has been sliding here there and every where. So glad the rains have stopped. I have no advice regarding your family situation other than to place it in God's hands. You unfortunately only have control over you. I have very little contact with my two living sisters also so sorta know how you feel. Will say some prayers for peace for you.

Chriss good idea to change the look of your phone. Mine is black so won't work for me. Scarry incident for you and glad you were able to call the police. Continued prayers for Jerry. If he has what I am still trying to get past, settle in, your in for the long run. 3 weeks already. I like my alone time too. DH will be leaving for work soon so I will have about 90 min to myself. I started sorting through my scrap bin (well kinda mixed scraps and larger pieces) yesterday so may work on that. Zach will be here at 8 to help until 1 ish. Then another 90 min or so to myself.

I have worked through the Feb lotto block. Found another pattern for same block that comes out much nicer. It will be an easy one ladies if you want to take a chance at winning. New faces are always welcome. We are practicing our skills this year.

So today, a bit more sorting, hoping to sew a few more blocks so I have samples to post. I do have 3 charts to do so I can get paid on Friday.

Have a great day everyone.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:41 am

Good morning
Just a quick hello then to church and bible study. Lori holts book scrappiness is iness is 27.99 at QIAD. Was this the sale price being talked about?
Fleece blankets were made for local police department.
Today is sewing and football I hope.
Off to get ready for church.
Blessings
TinaB
Patches4

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:10 am

Morning
I did get sew time yesterday. Valance almost done. We left early for mass so I could get my haircut. Supercuts is across the street from the church.
Today kids coming over for family dinner. Tonight's menu is enchiladas.

I need to spend time catching up with everything you gals have going on.
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:01 am

We are on our way home. The boys won They took the entire showcase

Return to “Sew ins”