Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, Jan 21st

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Saturday, Jan 21st

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:56 am

Val, I've been to the shop in Antioch. Bummer you couldn't find anything on sale that you liked. What kit did you get?
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:24 am

Good morning. It's going to be a wonderful day today. There is frost on my windows this morning. I remember as a kid my mom would make wheat hearts (cream of wheat) for breakfast and put the bowls on the windowsill to let it cool enough to eat. Frost on the windows always reminds me of that.

Saw the cow pattern on the QIAD sale of the day. I like the pattern, but the quilt is only 40x40. You'd need to make 4 and sew it together for a lap quilt. So, I am going to pass that one up.

Yesterday I went into town for groceries and navy-blue thread. Hobby Lobby had thread for 99 cents, normally 2.50. Another thing I bought was a colorful paper that you use in scrapbooking. I have a clear case on my phone and my plan is to trace the paper, cut it out and insert it in the clear case. This way I can change my solid red phone into what will look like butterflies. It's a 69-cent experiment.

Also got my hair cut. I check in at Great Clips online and they text me when it's close to my turn. While I was in the parking lot waiting, I saw a car with two men inside who were waiting for women to get out of their car and asking them questions. It was strange and I felt uncomfortable so I called the police and parked in a place that I could easily get to the hair cutting place as well as the grocery store quickly. I'm sure that by the time the police drove through the parking lot they were likely gone, when I was done at both places, I didn't see the car in the lot anymore.

It's so important to be aware of your surroundings. In San Francisco there is a group of people smashing car windows as they are parked stealing whatever they can find. And just last week a transient living in the homeless encampment went to our cemetery and destroyed about 50 headstones. Many of those stones were from the 1800's. I kind of want to go see if any were my relatives but I also know they are just markers for bones. Lots of junk going on everywhere.

Jerry is still sick. He isn't breathing well and his back hurts. The heating pad and ibuprophen are his friends. I think his lungs just aren't healthy because of his years of smoking and being in construction he has breathed in asbestos, and many other things.

Maryz, I wish I had seen the sale for the scrappiness is happiness book. It will go on sale again somewhere. I would like to have it but my problem is I have way too many books and patterns. I need to start making more quilts. I will be sewing shortly. I do want to get that quilt done this month and try to make one a month.

Judi, hit that vitamin C. hope your cold is quickly gone.

Lois, I pulled out my 5 inch squares the other day. I think I am going to add white corners to each one and snowball them before sewing them together. Looking forward to seeing your elephant, what pattern are you using?

Velda, what are you up to?

Suzette, how exciting to have a new machine to play with. I've seen those machines and they are beautiful. I hope you love it

TinaB. will the fleece blankets be donated somewhere? Recently, due to the storm, we had a town flood. Joanns donated the fleece blanket tying kits and they had a tying gathering. Not sure how many they made but it was a nice thing.

Flo, I now have thread too. Enjoy Mass.

Jana, I tried to be really quiet. I love mornings where I am the only one up and can enjoy a bit of bible reading and the peace of the morning as the sun comes up, it's my very favorite thing to do.

Maryq, I have it. I have your sunshine and your green grass. Come on over and see it, I'll be here all day. How many more loads of fabric are there? You will be a busy girl for quite a while. I also have rescued machines when I see them at sales. I like to clean them up and get them working. I only have 4 machines and can't live without two of them.

Valerie, thanks for the Hospice info. I am starting to learn a little about Hospice in relation to Medicare, there is just so much to learn. Hope your Feb block works after it gets a little help from Jack. Maybe squaring after each step would help? What kit did you buy at the sale?

That binding isn't going to make itself, so I need to get going. You all have a fantastic day.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:01 am

Here is the kit I bought. Lori the shop is now called Hilly's quilts. I suspect it was Queen B's when you were there. The old owner was going to close the shop but Shawn (new owner) was sad about that so he bought it. This was 4 years ago. He is quite nice and an accomplished quilter/knitter himself.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:31 am

Good Snowy Morning........

My world is covered in snow! :D Just a little snow. It's coating all the tree branches. Rain tomorrow, good buy snow.

I just saw a land slides in to the ocean, in San Diego. Good that it wasn't on to a highway.

Not much happening with me. Most of you know my baby sister dumped a year ago. It crushed me & I asked DD1 if she could talk to her and find out why and see if she would change her mind. DD1 said she was uncomfortable(?)getting in the middle. I was very disappointed. Yesterday I found out DD1 has been sharing e mails & pic's occasionally with my sister. I'm feeling very pi$$ed at my daughter && the sister! Betrayed is what I'm feeling. I'll continue to pray for her but no more asking for signs that He wants me to try to mend the break.

Today I'll take a shower & make sauce and meatball for me & the freezer. I might toss in a few chicken thighs.
I'm making good progress hand quilting, sure does keep you warm on a Winters day.

Maryz......Bill is a real good man to have around. He keeps you around for us! Thank you. You are so sweet to visit so many friends will you see Spike?
Your sister had a really good idea. I bet there were a few that have used a snack.

Judi.......have a great time at the game!! Take care of that cold. It sure is going around.

Lois......this quilt is going to be so cute.....can't wait to see it.

Vet......happy weekend.

Suzette.....Oh great, so happy happy you bought that beautiful machine! Sewing fun forever!

TinaB........soup is always good any day & with rye bread(no seeds).

Flo.......have fun with your new thread.

Jana.....feel better! Does you throat hurt? Take good care.

Maryq......sunshine? we are not supposed to have any until Tues. A warm breeze smelling of spring sounds real good. Good luck with your fabric sale. I vote for help with the sale.

Val.......sorry about the care giver. So inconsiderate not to call. What's in you kit?

Love & Prayers...........Kathy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:47 am

Judi, yum. I love me some donuts.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:47 am

Val, that is really pretty.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:00 pm

Official police breakfast has changed to bagels, they're healthier. ROFLOL!

Return to “Sew ins”