Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday January 19,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday January 19,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:07 am

Good morning,

Today will be a rainy day out so will clean the house I have some wash that needs to be done also.
Yesterday was a fun day I know this will be a sore subject but here it goes my project iron dosent steam again so I sent Oliso an email telling them how unhappy I have been with this item so they asked me to go through the process of trouble shooting again I wrote back that I did all of that and it just dosent work so it's all packaged up and ready to go back for another 1.
So after that I took out my rowenta that I've had for a long time and it leaked some brown water so we went to bed bath and beyond and I got a cheap black n decker iron amongst other things that jumped into my cart.

Suzette your package must have gone on a tour for a bit the regular postoffice usually does that.
Mary z and chriss thank you for the heads up on the backing.

Well thats all the news from here.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Re: Thursday January 19,2023

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:52 am

Good morning

LOIS - You're singing my song! After my Oliso quit, I got out my old Rowenta, which piddled brown water on my white embroidery project. So I got a good old Black and Decker, too! lol! It's heavy but it works fine! I'm done with expensive irons. I have a little Proctor Silex in the trailer and it's a gem!

CHRISS - I feel so sad for your friend and her hubby. πŸ™ Was your El Paso gramma the gramma that was living next to you? Funny, Bill's grandpa also had a "candy store" in Michigan during prohibition. Bill's dad was one of the delivery boys, on his bicycle. I guess you both could call your ancestors "entrepeneurs". :D Glad you are once again, getting out and about. I love being home and not going anyplace - until I HAVE to stay home and not go anyplace.

SHERRY - congratulations to Rob! I hope the guy in his new house is working on moving out.

MARY Q - happy fabric play! Are you getting any snow from the latest big storm?

VELDA - I Googled chop suey. I've never made it that I can recall. Do you serve it over anything, like Chinese noodles?

VAL - It's good to see you well and posting again. I hope it sticks this time. Your life is very full. It must be hard to carve out a little Valerie time.

TINA B - I also remember Georgia Peach (Pam). And I know I've heard that saying, "If you can find time to clean your toilet you can find time to sew something." or something to that effect. Don't recall if she's where I heard it though.

FLO - oh no! No black thread! I have some here in the trailer. Never leave home without it. If you had just told me before we turned left at Arkansas . . .

JUDI - photos into albums - what a big, feel good, chore! I did that, took me a month. And 3 months later our house burned down and my albums. I managed to salvage a few of the photos and had them in a cardboard box for 25 years before putting them into scrapbooks. By then I had lots of new pictures! Another big job. I don't do albums or scrapbooks anymore. Now I do photo boxes, but I'm pretty good at labeling them. Your quilt sounds like a pretty intense project. How many diamonds do you need to cut? I know you will enjoy Sault St. Marie. And I do know the pronunciation. Only bcause we went through there on a cross country trip with my parents when I was 16. Because my mom's name was Marie.

DIANE - I love a day all to myself to sew, sew, sew!

Yesterday we got a few groceries. No quilt shops in town though. Google mis-informed me. That's OK. I just wanted to look. I might try the other LQS in Bakersfield when we get there. Just for fun. I got my chili into the crockpot by 10am, cut my block (2-1/2 hrs), and then we vacuumed, swept, and did two loads of wash in the campground laundry. That will get us home with clean undies to spare. The winds have died down and we'll be hitting the highway again this morning. We'll cross a time zone and a state border and will be in Deming, NM tonite. Our campground there is very nearly next door to Tina's house! So we're going to take a pizza and go say howdy to her and Frankie. We have 2,000 more miles to go. At the rate we travel that will take us another 8 days. We take our time and try to enjoy the journey, though I'm excited about our destination!

Make your day a good one.

mary z
>^+^<

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:16 am

Good morning everyone.
Sometime during the night 2 tractor trailers had an accident heading north. RT 81 runs behind our house. Sad thing one of the drivers passed away. Yesterday we had some errands to run and I hit the quilt shop. I may go back today and get a new Bernina sewing machine. It is the aqua Kaffe machine. It is the B475 QE. It is a wonderful machine. A rolling bag and machine cover comes with it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:26 am

Morning
Patches, I also used to decorate cakes. I did everything from cupcakes to tiered or stacked wedding cakes. I still have my full set of wedding cake pans and tiers. I may sell them, but not ready to part with them. They are in top of barn.

Maryz, thread ordered. Hopefully will be here tomorrow.
May head into city today, didn't leave hoyse yesterday, it was raining and like witch of west, I was afraid of melting.
Have a sew great day
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:55 am

Good morning it is raining and 37, mild winter, i dont care. Today I need to go up to the pharmacy and pick up a few things,,,,then I stop at the credit union. supper will be ravioli and sauce with a salad,,,,they are in the freezer so I just have to cook them,
We head up to the "Soo" in the morning it is about a 7 hr trip with stopping for brunch. The first tournament game is at 5pm, The Soo Locks are closed for the season so we wont get to watch the big frieghters come down...we love that part of the trip...we even took a boat ride through the locks a couple of summers ago...Ken lived up in the "upper" for a few years as a kid (his dad helped to build the Mackinaw bridge) and never lost his love for the place...even in the winter.. If it werent for the family I think we would have moved up there as newly weds...
To answer your question "Jane " has 232 diamonds and 258 pieces of sashing. I bought the special ruler that makes all the cutting easier...( sashing needs to be cut at the correct angles...1/4 in seam has to be accurate and I will do a test run to make sure, This will be a long one.
Well i need coffee and the washer is finished,,,off to the dryer and get my self ready to go....have a wonderful day.......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:34 am

Good morning!

Daniel was late getting home for dinner and I was worn out, so hadn't fixed any. He was late because a pretty new red jeep added keys to his pocket. He had been eyeing a particular one at a dealership and when he finally decided and called them them to buy it, it was already sold. He was a bit sad and frustrated. So started looking again. He wanted certain things that had to be on the new jeep. One being it had to be red! Well, he found just the right one, more loaded that the first and it's red! Karlie has already named it, Red, from all the Cars Movies. Red is the firetruck in the Cars series. Daniel is ordering special firefighter plates and they are personalized as well. His old team of which he's still listed on staff with in California, are sending him special firefighter stickers for his window. As he sat doing all thepaperwork to buy the jeep, the salesman found out Daniel was a firefighter and added a special discount to drop the price a bit more. They kept thanking him for his service. Something done here quite often, that Daniel isn't used to happening in California. So the new jeep is a 2020 Jeep Gladiator truck, Rubicon edition, red, loaded to the hilt. Now Frankenjeep will be fixed up as a Daniel toy, to take out on off road trails, rock crawling as he calls it. There's another vehicle in California he started to do all the fixing to do this, that his friend will finish and sell, it's no longer needed.

I over did yesterday and got a bit tired, so today will be a more quiet day. This wasn't covid, but sure is a not nice cold!

More wonderful snow supposed to be here today. We are at or over 200 percent of normal and there's a large water content in all that. Even the Great Salt Lake has risen a foot.

Sorry about the iron, I still and so does Sarah, love our Oliso irons. Works great still. Those irons draw a large amount of current and when we finished the basement Batt Caves, Michael put in a 20amp circuit just for our irons. Maybe that's why our still work. Most circuits in a house you plug into are 15amp, not designed for some things. I'd ask Michael now, but it's early and he's still asleep.

Have a wonderful day, doing fun stuff!
Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:01 am

Good Cloudy , Snow is coming, Morning..........

We are under a 'Storm alert' until tomorrow night.....for 3 to 4" of snow...LOL!

Today the cable person so due at 12. Yesterday the picture kept going black for a few seconds every 20 seconds. The day before it was the volume. I've had them here several times for this problem, but nothing ever improves.

About Jan 1, a Mom of 3 disappeared here in MA. Husband so upset. Husband arrested for her murder & cutting her up. So far have not found her. What kind of dumb husband looks up how to do terrible things to a body. Three children are now in the state's care. I see some day this story will be on one of the murder channels. Divorce must be easier.

Today I'll do a few small uglies & sew, sew, sew.

Lois......irons can be a big pain in the butt. My Rowenta is starting to leak a little. My next one will be cheap from Walmart. the Rowenta is very heavy. good luck with your new one, keep us posted.

Maryz.......the premade meals I get are from a company in central MA for 'older people'. I have a catalog, pictures of all the meals & desserts.
I too remember Georgia Peach. She posted a Peach Cobbler recipe that was so delicious. Yes......you were just going to 'look' at the LQS!

Suzette.....that accident must have been a mess. That machine sounds wonderful. I love aqua...I looked it up. Beautiful. Does yours's have the flowers?

Flo.....I also used to decorate cakes but no wedding cakes for me. Was fun.

Judi......I say mild Winter for us also. OK with everyone except ski places. I can see that Jane will keep you very busy. The ruler was a good idea.

Jana......I've always loved a red car. Happy for Daniel. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Love & Prayers...................Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:19 am

Good Snowy Morning!

I hate to say it but the weatherman was right! We got snow! Our nice clean driveway is now fully covered again! But alas, not to worry, no place I need to go today and the assn takes care of plowing. Young boys come and shovel the edges and I am stocked with chocolate treats for them if they come by later tonight!

Lois... Dang, don't you hate that when you iron dies or worse yet.. SPITS all over everything! I've gone through quite a lot of irons myself and so far, the best I've found is one by Hamilton Beach called "DURATHON" Normally I get about 1 year out of an iron. I have 2 of these and they have been going strong for at least 3 years. Every once in a while, if I think of it. I put a little white vinegar and water in them, heat them up then do the "Clean" on it. Seems to help!

Maryz... Yup we got snow! Wishing you a smooth driving day with no construction. How fun to be able to stop and see Tina and Frankie!! And bonus.. you'll gain an hour!

Suzette... I googled your Bernina... Looks like a perfect machine to do piecing on and that's a good deal if it comes with the roller bag. I've priced those out and they are not cheap!! Enjoy!!

Flo.... Oh no.. now witch of the West.... You're so sweet you're made of sugar and that's why you would melt! :lol:

Judi.... Will say a little prayer to St. Christopher (patron saint of travelers) for a safe trip to the UP.. I know how to pronounce Sault St. Marie as we passed through there on a trip when I was a kid.

Jana.... I just can picture Daniel's new jeep as I think my Jen has the some one.. maybe not with ALL the bells and whistles... but oh yes, it has to be RED. Kris has an older white one, but I need to little stool to get up into that one!!

YEE---HAH All the fabric is sorted and laid out on tables in my living! "Mary's quilt shop" should be ready to open next week. I have to go back to KC's for another load tomorrow, if the roads are clear. Hopefully that will be IT. Tom and Viv are coming up tomorrow so I'm thinking Viv will haul a lot out of here! Good thing they drive a big pick up truck!

Woke up and looked out my bedroom window to see a squad car on the street, then looked out the front window to see an ambulance parked in front there. Guess my 90yr old neighbor across the way was having trouble breathing. So, if you would, say a little prayer for Marlene!

For now I better get in gear and get a few projects in MY sewing room done today!

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:30 am

Good morning all been sew busy here as usual

Dh has sinus infection miserable 😩 poor thing

I’m almost done with house ds putting wood on steps and finishing trim tomorrow I have chair lift company coming Monday to give estimate poor dd has harder time ambulating up stairs
I love the light gray paint in stairwell makes much brighter I dread rehanging all kid’s photos this was my brag walls for dd and ds from baby to graduation

Still working on Eldon quilt. Doing the little log cabins now lots of strips that had to be cut oh my and tiny too

Dh bought 4 more Zebu heifers who are all pregnant do we will have calves in mymay/June so excited these are miniature so calves are small like goat 10 lbs at birth
Full grow only stand 32 in tall 😍

My goats will be having kids in May too so lots of babies on way gonna be busy then.

Jana my farrier got new keep too it was pretty till he told me price I was like nope no way πŸ˜‚
I died at price my Toyota in 2015 mines pd for and will run til dies lol 😜

Chriss I was picturing you wrapped in table runner per Mary’s suggestion the other day to keep warm πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ glad you got propane

Valerie your in my prayers hope things calming

Kathy ooo snow we are 62 today to drop to 30 tonight with possibly snow flurries tomorrow 😳 all 4 seasons in one week here

Nothing else new here

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitches 🧡
🐐izzy

Return to β€œSew ins”