Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday January 18,2023

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday January 18,2023

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:14 am

Good morning Everyone,

We are going to be at 50⁰ today I can't believe half of January is gone where is all the time going?
Yesterday was a success at hobby lobby I got my batting and most of what I went for the only thing I didn't get was my backing almost thought I had a win win but someone cut a yard off the bolt and put it back on and that was the end of that the lady in that dept said to call next week they should have it in.
The reason I'm not ordering to much online is because postage is going up again.

Today I'm working on a baby quilt no no babies in my family just want to see if I would be interested for a craft fair we are doing next winter it's an elephant and it sprays hearts and the other sprays a splash.
Just something totally diffrent to work on.

Well thats all the news here prayers to all.
Lois
Last edited by fabricgirl on Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

purrfect-lady

Re: Wednesday January 18,2023

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:31 am

Good morning, everyone!

We are camped 100 miles east of El Paso, TX. Because weather forecasts are saying high winds are coming our way, all day, we decided this was a good place to stay an extra night so we'll spend the day here. We will probably be-bop around town a bit. Wonder if there is a quilt shop in Van Horn . . . . .

LOIS - glad you got most of what you wanted at HL. Your elephant quilt is a cute one. I've seen it someplace. Fun to try something totally new and different!

SUZETTE - And it wears me out reading it! lol! I see the problem now. You must have checked the box for the tri-state delivery option! But glad it finally reached its destination.

CHRISS - did you get your propane?? I saw a picture yesterday in a magazine while we were driving. A woman had a quilted "stole" draped around her shoulders. Kind of like a bed scarf or long table runner only she was wearing it instead. If your propane doesn't come soon, you might make yourself a table runner to wear. . .

JANA - You got snow! I'm happy for you! Also happy you are getting better. Did you test for Covid?

LORI - I'm glad you explained to Jack that the walk will be late but it will happen. It's terrible to leave him wondering. But what about Wrigley? Did you explain things to him? You know I worry about those sweeties.

TINA B - it wasn't I who said that about time for cleaning toilets and sewing, but I like it! My new mantra! So, what kind of cake? And why? And what was in the crockpot? I know - none of my beeswax, but I'm always looking for new crockpot ideas. And I'm a fan of cake (white only, though).

KATY - I'm glad that charm pack is working for you! It had your name all over it - Garden Girl, I believe! :D

JUDI - yay! Only two more weeks! You'll be leaving just after I get home! Missed you again! But your trip sounds rather idyllic. I wouldn't mind joining you! Are you going to take any sewing with you?

FLO - What a show Mother Nature put on for you yesterday! Two foxes and three deer in your yard! It's good to be you.

MARY Q - how is it going, Fabric Girl? Sold any of those materials yet? Is there any Christmas?

I told you all that we've lost 5 near and dear folks since Nov 29th. Then our good friends at home both had Covid and have been sick for 2 weeks and still not over it. And this morning we got an e-mail from another friend who spent the day in ER with pneumonia, dangerously low potassium, and irregular heart rate. He is home now but in bad shape and on lots of meds. What a winter this has been - and we still have 8 weeks to go. :(

Since we will be here for the day and another night, we're going into town to pick up a few things - bread, milk, grapes, emory boards. You know - the basics. And I think I'll put some chili in the crockpot. And I plan to get out my North Stars and cut another block, maybe two. It takes 2 to 3 hours to cut each 24" block (approx 160 pieces, give or take 15). Next block up is otters. No sewing. My machine is packed too well to dig it out for just an hour or two.

Wishing you all full bobbins today!

mary z
>^+^<

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:36 am

Good morning to all.

Lois--the baby quilt sounds so cute. Where did you get the pattern. I also have no babies coming but would like to see this pattern. Weather here in Myrtle beach should be typical for the season so we have rain coming over the weekend but the next few days should be bright and sunny.

I had to take the borders off the qov top to fit needed size. Seeing that I was making the pattern from a picture it had to be the same. The other Diane has studio cutter and she has dies and we have to fit the patterns to the ones she has. We try to cut with this machine only. No one can hand cut the amount of fabrics we use normally. Next month we have a "sew day" its all over the country for all the chapters. We use the rec center and everyone picks the kit they want to do. The kits are the ones Diane, Pat and I cut for at her house. You bring your machine and regular sewing items--join in the fun--and have a few hours of chatting with like minded friends.

Today hubby is going golfing so I get to play in the sewing room in my pj.s and coffee. Hope you have a great day. I'll stop by later to catch up.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:39 am

Good morning,,Had a fun time at Rykers hockey game...last night...Came home and I did cut and sort more diamonds...Each fabric must be bagged and labeled for the pattern...I think I am almost done cutting the diamonds. Now to the miles of sashing,,,,I will count today....
My next chore will be to place the ton of loose photos into the albums...I started one for the great grand children...and I also have one for the house (all the remodeling projects around here) I have all the basement photos to place....I also "borrowed" (stole is such an ugly word) a bunch of photos off my kids facebook accounts..and had them printed..they need to be put in the albums too.. In case your interested there is an app on your phone called "Freeprints.com" you can print the photos off your phone (85 a month) and you only pay postage...(I printed all of mine for around $10) I have all our photos in the entertainment cabinet in the basement and the kids get them out every time they come over,,,,I still have a couple of grands kids mom's account to go through,,,(they will wonder how I got all these photos in the albums) I might one day go through our family account and print some of my moms family photos that my cousin posts on facebook...and print them too...they are old ones she has found.. (she is the family historian)
Today we go to the lawyers office to update the wills and stuff....it will make sure our affairs are in order...A not fun thing to do but necessary. ( I have seen so many families o through a lot trying to decide what to do and the courts taking most of their estate...) after that we will stops at the store for a few things and probably go to supper.
Hope your day is filled with cool things,,,,,We leave friday morning for the tournament in Saute St Marie, Mi ( pronounce Soo St Marie) i am excited to go up there It is one of our favorite places to go..and in 2 weeks Florida for some warmth and sunshine,,,,,Maryz I will be taking my hand sewing box the mexican train, and a book to read,,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:09 am

Morning
Yesterday Joe & I went grocery shopping...prices are crazy!
After lunch and nap, I went into sewing room to start sewing my valance. I was all set to sew first seam and I have no black thread! Bummer....
Today I may run into city to take care of an errand and get hair cut, or I may let that wait until tomorrow because it's raining...I don't want to melt.
Have a sew great day
Flo

patches4

Post by patches4 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:30 am

Happy hump day
Will be busy today. Have to make yellow 9x13 yellow cake and decorate it. The leader of our church quilting group has a birthday Saturday she’ll be 89. She is the reason the group keeps going she’s able to get the women out. Can’t tell you how many tops she has made it would be staggering. I used to decorate cakes and do wedding cakes about 40 years ago now I just do little cakes once in awhile. Of my 4 kids three of them can decorate a birthday cake.
I have to put one row of 6 inch squares on two quilt tops and piece a back for one of them.Then, I will be able to begin my bright star pattern. Got some pieces cut last night, new blade and wore the Klutz glove to not repeat finger cutting. It was good.
After the cake decorating, kitchen floor needs attention. THEN tomorrow afternoon is all mine for cutting and sewing after quilting and cake.
As for the crockpot, I put a small beef roast and sauce for pub style pot roast. Sauces by pizza sauce in my store. Put sauce over then on low. Must say it was good. Potato dumplings and green beans. Tonight leftovers,yeah.
For those of you on this forums since 2007 it was Georgia peach who I believe made the statement. I was working, and caregiver and so wanting to sew then she made that statement in other words make time for yourself.
So sorry for rambling, coffee needs to be made and the day begun.
Blessings to all
TinaB
Patches4

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:20 am

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Today I should go to the base for Dad's meds and commissary. I am trying to talk myself out of it but really need to go. Tomorrow car will be in the shop all day and Friday I have my little lady to see and a meeting at work. I can be there and back before the rain starts again. This is to be our last storm for awhile. A few 65 degree days would be nice to dry up my yard.

Lois sounds like an adorable baby quilt. I rarely buy fabric online as it is hard to tell the real color and you can't feel the quality.

Maryz wow that's a lot of pieces. Crock pot Chili, one of my favorites. So sorry to hear of your friends illnesses. I will add to my prayer list. I do know one girl who tested positive for Covid for a full 18 days and she is young and healthy. You just never know. It has taken me 3 weeks to really start to feel human again and I was neg for Covid and Infuenza A/B. Glad you have decided to stay put with the high winds. We have had several big rigs blow over with our storms here. Hope you find a quilt shop close.

Diane you do such a wonderful service for the Vets through QOV.

Judy thanks for the info on the website, I may make use of that in the near future. Sounds like a huge task you have going on. Yes I advise everyone to please make sure your paperwork is in order and your final arrangements planned. I run into so many family disagreements in my line of work I can't believe it. I am so glad Dad took care of all that.

Flo drop on by, I have some black thread you can use.

Tina I would love some of that cake. I really like yellow with chocolate frosting. My Mom used to do cake decorating, I still have all her supplies but no idea how to use them. I do remember Georgia Peach. I don't recall that statement but I do remember making stockings for the military overseas. I do try to make time for myself but it can be difficult. Dad cannot be left alone so there has to be someone here for me to do that. If he is in bed asleep I may go the 1/2 mile to fill up the car but that is it. And that is common with most caregivers, there is just nobody to fill in.

Well I must get some more coffee, have been trying to pick out fabric for the buildings on my Starry night. The pieces are all cut for my donkey and need to start sewing that. I will go to shop in Antioch on the 24 and try to get some stuff done.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, bobbins stay full and the sun shines for you all.

Valerie
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:26 am

Good morning. Got a late start today. Had a nice lazy morning. Exercise, shower, breakfast all done. Enjoying my second cup of coffee.
Today I am finishing up a lap quilt for a neighbor friend. Then I have a few computer things to do this afternoon.
I made chicken chop suey yesterday, so we have three more nights of this. I think we will be tired of it by then. LOL
I don't have anything else to report, so off to the sewing 🧵🪡 project. 🤗
Have a perfect day.!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:47 am

Good Morning Girls

Missed you all yesterday, but I slept way too late yesterday and needed to get to work double time on the fabric piles. I have made good progress and all 11 boxes of fabric are emptied and most is measured and priced! I've washed a couple loads of the stuff I'm buying and after that is ironed (call me crazy, but I enjoy part of the process) I have to set it aside and get another project done. BUT that one involves sewing so I'll be in my "happy room" most of the day!

Even now I dare not take time to chat with each of you, but so enjoy reading all the busy-ness you guys have going on! And Tinab...I sure do remember Georgia Peach! I met her Mom once many years ago when my DD Jen was living in Arizona. She was such a sweet lady and took Jen and I out for lunch!

So... I'm off to take my shower and grab a little more liquid ambition! Will see you all tomorow!

In the meantime... enjoy your day!

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:36 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in to let you know I am still alive. LOL Been busy here and some days just sit around. Sadie will be going back to her daddy and her new home. Rob has all the papers signed just waiting for the man to move out so he and Sadie can move in. Should be within a couple of weeks. it will be so quiet here when Sadie goes home. Smoke and Sweetie will be lost.

The weather here has been so mild for winter. February is going to be a doozy I will bet. It usually is. We are 12 inches of snow below what we usually have by now. Only 1.5 inches so far which is fine with me. I am not a fan of winter weather.

Went this morning and got my hair cut. It was getting so long. Now it looks pretty nice. Well, better go get some lunch for all of us. Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”