Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, January 17

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Tuesday, January 17

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:34 am

Good morning. The fog is high and hanging over the mountain in front of my house. We are supposed to have very little if any rain for the rest of the month, praise God. We are also to get a delivery of propane this morning. And I see blue in the white cloudy sky. It's good to be me.

I had almost two weeks of cold wet weather and had almost no heat for those two weeks. I have a new respect for you girls who live where it snows. I also don't know how people who don't have a home do it. Guess that it took this to open my eyes.

My driveway still isn't usable but will be drying out and be used soon. I am very grateful that I can get back to my normal.

Valerie, I so hope you got some good sleep either yesterday or last night. I really want you to feel better.

Lois, sometimes MSQC has wide back Wednesday where on Wednesday, they have a sale on their wide backing. Also Pineapple fabrics has wide back sales often. Hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

Velda, you sure get a lot of use out of your scraps. Not a bit of waste in your fabric. Would love to see pictures.

Maryz, so very glad Bill is doing the driving. I would have had to hold my breath and use the white knuckle grip on that steering wheel the whole length of the construction. I-5 might be dry for your "Tour De Cali" When you get to Los Banos and if you want to go out to eat, look for a place called The Woolgrowers. Amazing Basque food served family style. it's a huge meal and so very good. You won't need to eat for three days. I do eat carbs but rarely. I do also make exceptions for special occasions.

Flo, lucky for you I can't get to your freezer, an enchilada casserole sounds marvy. I open our blinds and curtains in the morning and close them at night, habit I guess. Plus I feel it keeps the cold out.

Judi, what fun to plan a trip to Florida. How long does it take you to get there? Jerry's family lives in Illinois and they vacation in Fla. We've told them that they could stay here if they wanted to vacation in this area but their go to is Fla. Happy hockey.

Katy, I cleaned the living room the other day but forgot the cieling fan. I hope Jim finds the eggs you are looking for. My son called to tell me he had to buy the 5 dozen pack instead of the two dozen package he usually gets.

TinaB, If you are late I am very late. what is the cake for? I love the two quilts you mentioned. I'm a scrappy quilt lover.

Jana, enjoy that snow, remember, no give backs.

I have a Golden Agers board meeting today. hope you girls have a blessed day

Chriss
Psalm 91

suzette58

Re: Tuesday, January 17

Post by suzette58 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:11 am

MaryZ - the odd thing about my package is I still live in the same state as where the package was going. But, it went to North Carolina and then it passed Virginia and went to Hagerstown, Maryland before coming back to where it was supposed to be in Virginia. Wears me out explaining it.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”