Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, Jan 15

Daily discussions.
QuiltGram8

Sunday, Jan 15

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:27 am

Good Sunday Morning! Soon will head out the church. Yesterday was such a fun day with my sister and our Son, Brian.
Nothing much else to say excepted God's blessings to you all. I so appreciate our friendship and I will Thank God that we are all able to stay close friends praying for each other and supporting each other as well as learning things from each other.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, Jan 15

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:40 am

Good morning Velda and all who follow,

Today is a cold day I already did a load of wash already folded and put away
In a few I will make the bed get dressed and then will see what trouble I will get in to.

Well thats all the news here have a great day.
Lois

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:12 am

Good morning and blessings to all.
Just a quick drive through before church and Bible study. Almost got all chores done to sew again. Still have to unpack all from before Christmas. If no sewing today, hopefully some cutting. Have two patterns wish to start. Realizing time needed to cut it all out. More patience needed. Didn’t sleep well made cutting errors in my dreams. Must stop that for sure.
This is the Day theLord has made, rejoice in it.
Blessings to all of you my friends.
Hugs
TinaB
Patches4

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:02 am

Good Morning all I had a terrible night couldnt sleep but I got up at 3 and the internet here wasnt working so I tossed and turned till5 and got up...Sophia had a game at 805am they have to be there an hour before the game to warm up...unfortunately they lost 3-2 the good news is they will play in the finals this afternoon...and at least come in second or first...It has been a long week/ I am ready to sleep in my own bed...and get back to my own house at least for a couple of days before we leave again....maybe a little sewing too...
Hope you are all doing well...XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:56 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Sunday to you all!

Velda... Thanks for the heads up on your Lotto blocks.. I got home last night and by the time I got in the house and took off my coat, I couldn't move again! :lol: I'll run out here in a little bit and grab them up!

Lois.... Laundry today or naked tomorrow! I've got mine started here as well. And I'm so grateful for automatic washers because all the ponds are frozen here so it would be very hard to get clothes cleaned there!

Tinab.... Ah yes... This is the day the Lord has made! I do rejoice that He has kept me on earth for another day. But I know one of the reasons is... He doesn't want my kids to have to clean up my messes!

Judi...Did you have to take Sophie to her game at the ungodly hour? Man I think your kids owe you BIG TIME!!!

Spent yesterday with KC. Thought we were just going to sort of organize her stash, but when I got there she had pulled a bunch from the shelves and got out boxes for it to be packed in! So I think I brought home about 10-12 moving boxes full! Can you imagine? I posted a thing on a local Garage sale site on FB and have a few folks interested in looking at it! It's all still in my car this morning, so I am headed out to rearrange a little out there. Shawn and Brennen are coming over to help me unload the car and Katie next door is going to help me sort it out! She's not doing very well health wise and I feel so bad... she has nobody to help her out and nobody to call (except me) in case of emergency. She said if anything happens to her that I get all the fabric! :lol:

Well, I guess I better head out to the garage and get started.. Thankfully it's not super cold today.

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:30 am

Good morning everyone.
I was hoping to sew today but hubby is having a rough time with his COPD and his breathing. We may end up at the ER, who knows? The other day I wrote about the trouble I was having getting something mailed with FEDEX. Well, I checked it this morning and it is supposed to be there today. We will see. I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:46 am

Good morning. It's going to be a soggy but great day today.

Last night we had some very loud thunder and lots of lightening. Moose and Jerry sat on the couch together with a quilt. This morning we are starting to dry out a bit but tonight we will get another batch of the wet stuff. Monday should be about the last of it for the month. I often pray for rain because of the drought situation here in Cali. I'm sorta wishing I had only prayed half as much for rain as I did.

I did get that quilt quilted yesterday. All my ditches have been stitched in. Today will be making the binding and hopefully getting it sewn on and the label as well. Now that the holidays are over, I want to be able to register it with QOV and give it to Jerry.

Velda, you made me smile this morning. So glad you had a great day yesterday, and I am also wishing God's blessings to you too.

Lois, I can't meet you in the laundry room for a few days. We are low on propane which heats our water. The driveway is too wet for the truck to make the delivery. We are in conservation mode. I have learned that my heater can be set at 65 rather than 70. Stay warm.

TinaB, which patterns are you wanting to make? I, probably stupidly, subscribed to 3 quilt magazines. As if I don't have enough patterns already. Enjoy church.

Judi, hope the kids do well in their games today and that you are soon in your own bed and your own routine.

Maryq, as fun as it is to go through all that fabric I bet it's a bit overwhelming too. I wish I was there to look at all of it but I am also glad I am not there. I wonder how long it will take to really go through everything she has.

Suzette, said a prayer for DH. Hopefully he doesn't need to go to the hospital. Glad you will get your delivery today, didn't realize these companies delivered on Sunday.

In watching the news as I type here. I think we need a complete do over in Washington. out with the old and in with the new.

Hope you girls have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:27 am

Good morning!

Well, my family is such a giving bunch, they finally shared with me, their colds! I'm not bad, just a bit punk. Hiding in the Batt Cave, so if I feel better, I can sew. Started the Ugly Sweater mug rugs. I have a huge problem, I keep trying to match up colors and they aren't ugly, but cute! Oh well!

Not much else happening in these parts, it's snowing which is a very good thing. So glad that prayers are heard and answered.

Stay safe, stay warm, and be grateful for what we have,
Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:53 am

Good Day to All.
Not much going on here. Weather is sunny, but windy today.
I put a news app on my phone, called Flipboard. It sent me a notification this morning about an article on sleeping, from Homes & Gardens.
It talked about the 10-3-2-1-0 sleep rule, which is:
10 hours before bed - cut out caffeine
3 hours before bed - stop drinking alcohol
2 hours before bed - stop working (anything that makes your brain very active, like crossword puzzles)
1 hour before bed - turn off your screens
0 - never snooze your alarm
Also establish a concrete bedtime. Adults should get between 7 and 9 hours of sleep.

I'm going to give it a try, especially the set bedtime. Many of you note that you have a set bedtime and I think y'all get more done because of that.
The gospel jam is this afternoon, so I will take my hexie's and go listen.
Lyn

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:57 am

Jana I hope you feel better I've had a cough that lasted for almost 3 weeks and am finally almost rid of it.
Have fun with the ugly sweaters .

Lois

Return to “Sew ins”