Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, January 14

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Saturday, January 14

Post by suzette58 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:24 am

Good morning everyone.
I have taken a break on my Lori Holt quilt and am working on 2 memory quilts for a friend of mine. Simple patterns but made from fabric from someone’s shirts. I have a question, is anyone having trouble sending things through FEDEX? It has gotten to the point that anything I send gets delayed. I sent something to a friend of mine due to be there on Thursday. It is still floating around somewhere. The only thing you can count on is that whatever you send will be late. We had a light snow yesterday and it is over now. But, we have a lot of wind now. Well, I am going to try and get a snooze in. The dogs thought I needed to be up but now they are sleeping. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, January 14

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:08 am

Good morning Suzette

No I don't use FedEx I still go to the post office or ups.
Yesterday I went to the drs for my normal 3 month check up and I got a to do list of things I tried getting out of doing an echo stress and now I have to do a nuclear stress test :oops:
Still have a cough but it's all breaking up hopefully I will get rid of it.
Today I will finish cleaning and do the sheets.
Afterwards I want to try and find something to sew.

Well Everyone have a great day
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:38 am

Good morning

Sorry I messed up yesterday’s date. Sometimes when traveling like we are the calendar gets away from me . My bad.

I am on my phone and have sketchy internet so keeping this brief. We are on Louisiana coast for a few days. Nice beach walking/ shell collecting. A relax day before going to Shreveport tomorrow. Working on my River/Woods project, doing the embroidery in the evenings.

Lois, hoping your medical tests go well!

Suz, I don’t use Fed Ex. Heard too many complaints.
Mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:35 am

Morning
Yesterday o made my back very angry. Don't know what I did, but it voiced its displeasure when I was sitting in living room watching DGD play. And Joe did something to his shoulder and is waiting on a MRI. Oh well, easy day for both of us.
Supposed to warm up to 40 today and stay there a few days....yippee!
Have a sew great day
Flo

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:53 am

Good Morning,,,I was able to sleep in this morning,,,the dogs ended up with me in my bed...They usually sleep with Liam but he was at a hockey friends house as they had to be up at 430 to get to a early hockey game...coach offered to drive them...( thank goodness) They tied the game this morning,,(thats 2 wins and a tie so far) I slept til 730 got up to watch the game. Sophia has another game at 5 today so I am doing laundry...the 2 of them are sleeping and I think they will be doing that for a long while yet..Even the dogs went back to sleep/// I will be taking Sophia to her game this afternoon so far they have won both of their games( amazing) We are hoping they can make it to the end of the tournament and at least get medal....they are a very excited bunch of girls..
I miss my sewing and the parents come home tomorrow....I will be home to catch up with the dust bunnies at my house then pack to go to the hockey tournament in the very upper part of Michigan...I think I will be even farther north than Maryq. We are praying for good weather,,,it is cold up there but as long as we dont get snowed in.
Well hope everyone is staying warm and dry,,,,after a very long time of not having any rain it looks like Cali is trying to catch up....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:23 am

Good morning!

The clouds are arriving, bringing more snow. Later today, I hope. I need to get groceries. We are fresh out of fresh! When I was planning on going yesterday, I had to take Michael to the doctor's office. No covid, just bronchitis. He gets that at the drop of a hat, when he gets a cold. So we got his meds and soon he'll be better.

Nothing went as planned yesterday, at all. Gracie was a little stinker in getting up and ready for school, missed the bell, big time, so Kate made it more miserable at home. Gracie was doing cleaning chores until school was over. So we decided that shopping was out too. We'll try again Monday.

Today for the umpteenth time, my 49ers play the Seahawks. Game is on the Fox network , 2:30 my time. Maryz, add a hour more I think for Texas time. Should be another good game for my team for moving on to the next round of the playoffs. Go Niners!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:37 am

Good Morning Girls

Whoever sent the sunshine this way... thank you. In the winter here, if the sun is shining it usually means it's really cold... and it is ... a chilly 17* above, but that ain't all that bad. Snow is headed in on Monday! So I'm going to go play today.

Am headed to KC's this morning, so this be short. I know we aren't supposed to sell stuff online here, and I get that, but if anybody is looking for anything in particular... I can see if KC has it in her stash. Any of you ever hear of a line of fabric called "Brambleberries" I think she has every piece of that line. I know she has lots of pre-cuts too. I think I'm going to try to sell some on a local garage sale site and see how that goes!

So I better get in gear, I'd like to get an early start and hopefully get a lot done today. I'm sure I'll have to go back a few times until we can get it all sorted out.

Wishing you all a SUPER Saturday!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:49 am

Good wet grey windy morning. It's going to be a marvelous day today because I have a roof, heat and don't have to go outside.

I have quite a bit I want to do today, and it all begins in my playroom. But first, I will make myself a tuna salad. I eat mine with pork rinds.

Suzette, I have had issues with Fedex. They really aren't reliable up here in the sticks. UPS is my goto if I can't use the post office. Hope your package moves soon. There is a Facebook group about Fedex that I followed for a while.

Lois, not sure what a nuclear stress test is but hope you pass yours.

Maryz, safe travels. when do you plan to come through Cali? hope you have good weather for your tirp.

Flo, are you and Joe falling apart? hope your aches go away quickly.

Judi, those dogs do gravitate towards a warm body. Hope the girls get their medal, how exciting that would be for them. Yep, we are hoarding water here in Cali. Amazing the towns that are flooding because the earthen dams are being breached and the creeks are overflowing. Seems they never clean out the creeks and so much stuff flows into them. It's good to be uphill rather than the alternative.

Jana, that niner game will sure be a wet one. I hear tickets are going much cheaper than the norm. You could hop on a plane and be there in time for kick off. Although it is a roofless stadium, you might need an umbrella

Maryq, you are such a tempter. If you send me some pictures of Jelly rolls, FQ sets, and layer cakes I will check them out. So wish I was there to see for myself.

I didn't win the mega millions but do have two other lotto drawings to look forward to this week. Fingers crossed.

You have a groovy day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”