Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, Jan 12th

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Thursday, Jan 12th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:33 am

Good morning. It really is going to be a beautiful day today. No rain is on the forecast until Friday night through the weekend ending on Tuesday. My driveway will dry out someday, until then I wait.

The plan is to go grocery shopping, pick up my sewing machine and to the post office today. After that it's hunker down or to quote my grandpa, it's time to batten down the hatches. I think we need a new weatherman.

Friday the heater service person will be here. it costs $94 for a service call. Yes, $94. I might need to get a job to cover the costs of all the things we've needed fixed this month. Hoping we get enough back on our taxes to cover the costs.

Lori, I also ran the vacuum yesterday. We had to buy a new vac the old one just wasn't working, it was quite old. The new one had to be emptied so many times because of the dog hair that wasn't being picked up by the old vac. I really need to move furniture and do a more thorough job.

Maryz, nope, I won't be purchasing anything to travel in any time soon. My neighbor is selling her motorhome, it was very rarely used and would likely be a good deal. Sorry your first day of travel wasn't the best, it can only get better from here on. Give Cindy a hug from me, hope she's doing well. If you ever go to Pismo Beach, near Morrow Bay, sort of, you should see the Monarchs there. They hang in trees when it gets cold and as the sun comes out, they warm up and start flying. It's very cool.

Katy, if those chickens don't behave you might want to threaten them with the soup pot. We won't see weed eating weather until after Tuesday. amazing how rain makes things grow.

Velda, I have never hand quilted but have tied a quilt. I used a very large hoop, and embroidery thread. Other than that, I use the pool noodle method for quilting or send it out to be done. The current quilt I am quilting on my machine is about 84x84 and a bit big for my machine, but I am more than halfway done and can't stop now. Do you think that since we haven't had seasons in quite a while that things have changed and the seasons are back, or will this kind of winter be a once every few years event?

Flo, I had thought about a haircut but think instead I will trim my own bangs so I can see and let the rest grow out a bit. I am also cleaning up a bit here, getting rid of the junk. When this weather drys out I have at least one car load for the thrift store. More to follow for sure.

Judi, So thankful that I don't have to deal with teens. Electronics were usually what I took away as punishment for the kids. Richard once lost his electronics and his wheels for 30 days, he got days off his punishment and added days to his punishment depending on his attitude and sassiness. Glad you only have one more day of this.

Kathy, in a pinch the ironing board can double as a card table, unless you need something wider. Glad the health insurance nurse gave you a gold star, enjoy spending that gift card.

Jana, enjoy your you day, if it were me I might include a bubble bath.

Maryq, Ken Burns does a lot of great documentaries. I really enjoy them. Another fun documentary is on HULU, Things that made America. Cars, Food, etc, quite interesting. Becuse of what happened to you at FW I am staying away from any store that carries fabric.

If I leave now, I can get to Costco when it opens. I sort of don't want to go to town and am wondering if I really need to. I do need to go to the post office and want to pick up my machine and get a lotto ticket. I will decide after breakfast.

You all have a wonderful day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

QuiltGram8

Re: Thursday, Jan 12th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:53 am

Well here's my update. I texted a gal from our church. She's the person who quilted the special African fabric quilt that we made for our missionary benefit.
I have decided to have her do my quilting. She is a farmer's wife and during farming months, can't really take on extra quilt jobs as she helps husband in the fields. Her cost will be affordable and I just need to do this this way.
DH encouraged me to send it out to her.
Will drop it off to her this afternoon.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”