Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday, Jan 11th

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Wednesday, Jan 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:47 am

Good morning,

Our last morning here. To celebrate, Scottie upended his water bowl by bouncing around in his extreme excitement over breakfast. So I got to start my morning on my hands and knees, with a rag, mopping up a pint of water off the floor that I just mopped yesterday afternoon. A few minutes later, in his extreme excitement to go out, he knocked over Bill's laptop which had been sitting on the floor, leaning up against the end table. And right after that, in his extreme excitement at finally being outside he got all the dogs in the campground and some outside the park barking. Dogs!!! All before 5am.

Yesterday we got everything but last minute stuff done, picked up, washed, organized, packed, and stowed, We relaxed a while, sitting outside with books, then our RV neighbors brought over pizza and we all had our first and last visit - for 4-1/2 hours. It was almost our bedtime when they left. Today we are hitting the road. I think it's going to be my last morning posting with a computer until we get home, which will be the end of the month.

CHRISS - WOW! doesn't seem to cover it! Our home friends have been texting with daily reports on your CA's rain. Of course, only what he is seeing on news. Not personal stories of flooding. I guess this goes to show you need to be careful and specific about what you pray for.

MARY Q - we found notes on a lot of my mom's things and I started "noting" stuff about ten years ago. And the idea of removing the closet doors in your sewing room and putting in shelving is ideal. I did that and it's given me 1,000% more room. Will CA's weather be impacting you as it moves east? Glad the on-line ordering and curbside pick up worked for you. Not my favorite way to grocery shop, but in times like we've been through here it's great!

TINA B - is it possible to simply store some of your furniture - garage? basement? storage unit? until your DH sees things your way? Maybe you could use some of the furniture like a dresser for an ironing surface and fabric storage . . .

JANA - exciting days at Sarah's house! How is Sandee's house coming along? Does she plan to finish her remodel now, too, or just get the cabinets, etc in and finish the job at a later date? Did you get your mug rugs cut out?

JUDI - did you have any time for Jane Austen yesterday? And today you are going over to Colleens for a few days? It would be nice if Ken joined you, wouldn't it? ??

I am going to miss sewing. I won't be seeing my machine for about a month. :cry: But maybe it's good to have a break. We will be watching weather closely to see if California is sending their storms in our direction. If we have to, we can always hunker down someplace and wait it out.

I won't be sewing, but I hope you all are!

mary z
>^+^<

QuiltGram8

Re: Wednesday, Jan 11th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:08 am

Safe travels, Maryz. Scottie is quite the bouncing boy, today. Guess he's excited about traveling, too. I bet you will be missing your sewing machine, but you are right, a little break is good for all of us.
I am thinking about setting my machine work aside for awhile, too. I have a quilt I started to hand quilt. Thought about it yesterday and decided that I better get off my duff and get back to that project.
Time for coffee, shower, breakfast, morning pills, and then do our walking video exercise.
Better get started. LOL
Have a great day.... Everyone!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:13 am

Good morning,
Today will be the chiropractor for both of us and then home.
I haven't been doing anything these days but I know wash needs to be done so I guess thats the ticket for today.

Mary have a safe travel.

Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:26 am

Good morning!

Rained hard yesterday, then overnight turned to snow at my house. The roads are covered, and the snow has stopped. It's a school run today, and we need our two cars to go in opposite direction at the same time. Good thing Michael tested negative on his Covid test. He's much better today. We were worrying over the test, but he's fine.

Sarah's cabinets did arrive and with most things like that, there was damage. The gorillas that delivered them, broke the biggest and most expensive one in unloading. It will be replaced quickly. And where's it placed, won't interfere with the new counters being installed. We'll see what the cabinet company will do with some of the other issues. Tim, the handyman is checking on the door alignment, he can take care of that.

No sewing today. I have my sidekick, Lila. It will be the adventures of cleaning and the where's Lila game.

Mary - safe travels. Daniel keeps a eye on his old fire station/crew. It's been really rough up there. The roof was torn off the fire station and the major antenna as well. Lots of flooded roads and water rescues. The pineapple express is working very well! Even here with all our snow. It's a great pattern, snow, break a day or so, more snow. The worst will be the Siskyous, they always are rough!

Stay safe, warm, and have fun stuff in your day!

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:19 am

Good morning up at 7 this morning,Ken is off work to do some paper work errands and take the kids to the airport. I will finish the laundry and head to colleens to be there when the kids get home from school. and let the pups out...they will be good for a couple of hours.
I I did more startching and ironing of the fabric then cutting, Since i am using fabric I have here and not copies of the original,,I am trying to match the style a best I can...I have some laundry basket, french general, and some others here in layer cakes...that go well with the original but placement is an issue there are over 200 diamonds....I did order the sashing and border fabric when I decided to do this...it is a very "Not Beginner Friendly" quilt. Assembly will be slow going.
Well I need to finish my coffee and get laundry finished I will clean out the fridge before I go Ken will not cook anything but will re heat food from the freezer if he is home...Generally he comes to colleens and sty for supper and hangs with the kids if there is no hockey,,,,but He usually goes home at night ....I have an alarm and 2 dogs so I am ok there,,,we will be so busy with hockey and events that there will be no time for anything else...we have 2 tournaments going at one time and one othdontisit appt and school and home work so no sewing time either.....10 hockey games total
Hope you all have a great day,,,,safe travels Mary...
Jana When Collen ordered her cabinets several came damaged or the wrong size....the company replaced them n a timely manner and didnt want the old back...so they had damagrd ones and trim work left for other projects and spare parts...she was able to do most of the pantry interior with the spare parts...

..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:49 am

I'm back, briefly.

LOIS - I'm anxious to get back to my chiropractor, too. My neck is out, giving me headaches and dizziness for about 5 seconds when I lay down at night. Hope you get into yours and he fixes you up.

JANA - so sorry to hear of cabinet damage at Sarah's. It happens - all too often. Hope the company is quick about replacement. But damaged cabinets are great for garage storage!

JUDI - where are you kids going that they are flying? I saw a phone headline a while ago that all departing flights are cancelled because of an FAA power outage. Hope they get that resolved quickly, but flight back-ups may be a nightmare.

Well, it's time to pack up the laptops, so bye bye for now!

mz

maryq

Post by maryq » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:47 am

Good Morning Girls

Just a quick hello this morning as I need to jump in the shower here in a minute. My neighbor Katie is having a procedure done this morning, and they won't let her drive herself, so I'm going to ride along so I can bring her home. If she is feeling ok afterward, we going to a make a slight detour on the way home and stop at the Fabric Warehouse. I don't really need anything but... well... who knows what might fall in my cart!

SO I better run for now

Will see you all tomorrow!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:47 am

Good morning quilting world. Have missed our daily visits but have been quite ill. I am still coughing and runny nose. Would like to sleep a lot but........

I have not returned to any of my quilting classes and have canceled my one for Thursday. Will try to go to my Starry Night class on Saturday.

OH Mary so sorry about all of Scottie's excitement activities. I have had days like that myself. Safe travels.

Chriss so sorry about the driveway. Hope you can find a workable solution and that you don't have an event which requires emergency vehicles!

Maryq I have put notes on some things. My DH is totally against purging. It is driving me nuts. If I put too much ore in this house we will have to sleep outside!

Our rain has been horrible. I am done with it. I think the moist air is making it harder for me to get better. I know the new people say we are still in a drought but I think they should take a trip outside. My back yard is flooded by the fence and hoping that it doesn't go anywhere else.

I have the house alarm people coming at 8 am so can't stay long. I haven't gotten really any sewing done but hoping today may be that day. I will try to slowly catch up on what I have missed but likely won't get to it all.

Have a great day everyone
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:45 am

Good morning. It's a very chilly morning so far. These past few days the house has been about 62 degrees when I wake up. This morning it was 53. We still don't have heat but will as soon as Jerry decides to have someone come fix it. Either way, it will be a marvelous day today.

If you pull up the radar weather report it is showing rain but if you look out the window you don't see a drop. Crazy, but this whole storm has been out of sorts. Sure would love to see a dry out week or two.

Maryz, hope the weather works in your favor and if everything works out perhaps we can meet along your route for lunch? The flooding here has been unprecedented. I've never seen towns or areas evacuated because of flooding. The water just kept coming and filled every creek to overflowing. The water was running down my driveway like a stream. It was nuts. I would share Scottie's excitement if the breakfast were a mile high stack of pancakes loaded with butter and syrup, but I don't eat like that anymore and will likely have something with much less carbs, but I could upend my water bowl in a heartbeat.

Valerie, I too am done with this rain. Sadly, we are to get another load of it during the weekend. I have a sewing machine ready for pick up but between the driveway issues and the flooding everywhere it will need to stay where it is for now. Sorry you are having to cancel your quilting classes. Jerry and I both had the coughing, sore throat and runny nose stuff recently. We tested both positive and negative for Covid. I'm not convinced the home tests are accurate, but we also stayed home.

I did finally go dust everything needing dusting but still haven't vacuumed, perhaps today. Or not.

Time for breakfast. Have a wonderful day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:22 am

Chriss, bummer you can't get to your machine. I hope you can get the heater fixed. 53 is a bit chilly for the inside of the house. We've had quite a bit of rain too. Drying out for a few days and then some more coming. Our backyard is quite squishy. Hopefully it will dry out a bit before the next round.
We do really need it.

Val, so glad you are starting feel better. Whatever you caught really knocked you down. How's you dad doing?

Judi, sounds like you will be quite busy with the kids and all the games.

Jana, bummer about Sarah's cabinet. Hope they send a new one and don't damage it bringing it in.

Mary, Scottie must be very excited to hit the road. lol Silly dog. Safe travels.

I need to run the vacuum. I just cleaned out the fridge. After that I'm going to sew or knit something. Not sure what project I want to work on yet. And yes, Jack got his walk in already.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”