Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday Jan 10

Daily discussions.
billizzy

Tuesday Jan 10

Post by billizzy » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:22 am

Good morning can’t recall last time I started thread lol πŸ˜‚

Jana oh my word I would have died getting that call from Baden so glad he was ok and made good decision to call mom for ride back

Been busy here butchered pig all day Saturday yesterday piano today library and ladies meeting at church tonight Wednesday church Thursday Music for lil man Friday go look at couple cows. Oh my busy week

Working on some quilts of course busy busy and school back in session too
I also took on doing children choir at church on Wednesday nights our practice

Got rain on way here in couple days so here comes mud ugh then maybe snow

Ds is redoing my staircase painting walls and ripped out carpet to put wood down so house chaos I have to go outside to get upstairs during day lol luckily weather not been bad

Sad news on Sue prayers there.
You ladies are busy too crazy weather out west hope all Ca gals ok

Hugs πŸ€— prayers πŸ™ happy stitches 🧡
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Re: Tuesday Jan 10

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:06 am

Good morning, Izzy and all who follow. We are up early. DH had blood test, so coffee β˜• will be a little late. I will start the pot when he leaves and it will be ready to pour first cup as soon as he returns.
I finished up 28 school bags and then made 4 blocks for Lotto. Now I have to get an envelope to mail them.
I am wishing you all well. Hope today brings fun sewing 🧡πŸͺ‘
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:13 am

Good morning

Izzy you already made me tired :lol: .
Today is a scavenger hunt but thats ok the weather is decent and I won't mind going we don't need to much the freezer is still good so it will probably be a quick hunt and home again
I need to find a project to do but I don't know yet I think I'm going to start cleaning things out myself will see if that mood surpasses me.
Well there is nothing else to report.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:29 am

Good morning to aall.

This morning I'm going to Diane's with Pat to cut for kit making next week. Sew day for QOV is early Feb. All the chapters do it thru out the USA. We will be at the rec center and its fun and hopefully we have enough kits to do there and if wanted a few extras to be taken if wanted.

So I'm off for coffee and a shower then to Diane. I'll come back later to catch up.
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:31 am

Good Morning,,,,,It is cold here but still warmer than usual/ I sorted out my jewelery drawer this morning, So many memoeries are in there too...Most of my stuff is not valualble but memories are priceless...I even have some of the earings Colleen wore as a child...( Sophia had her ears pierced and didnt like it after we bought some really nice earings for her,,,) so I will just keep them....i did put a few notes in the boxes so they will know what the sentiment is..and here I am
I did cut some diamonds for Jane Austen, slow going there...Anyone hear on the "Wander Lane blocks?
Today I am supposed to have lunch with a friend,,,She has a habit of making plans and cancelling so I just wait for her to show up or call to cancel....She is one of my oldest friends almost 40 yrs...so I tolerate her changes...
Well I need to get more coffee and see what needs to be done in the downstairs bathroom...hope you day is filled with fun...Safe travels if you sre going and safe home if you are not.....XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:46 am

Good morning,

CHRISS - Bummer that your driveway is fixed but you still can't use it. Maybe you should have a little bridge built at the end of your driveway. You should call the bridge people. At least you can still sew, right? And apparently do laundry. Is Jerry on board with the purging project?

LORI - emergency access was a good thought and we should all take it to heart! We saw our neighbor, Vicki's, long driveway was overgrown to the point only a small private vehicle could get through, so we told county to put our address as access to her house. And by golly, 3 months later we had an engine, 5 police & sheriff, and a few official cars all in our yard at once! So glad we did that!

SHERRY - looks like all is coming up roses for Rob and Sadie! I need to look at a map and see where all you are talking about.

KATHY - I think if I lived alone I might not mind a monthly call or visit from someone who was checking on my welfare. I like company. That Jane Austen quilt in a beauty, isn't it? You think you might make it? I think about all my stash of fabric, too. My girls don't want it, I'm sure. I think I'll put a note on it with all y'all's names and addresses with instructions to divide and mail! :D

MARY Q - You could always call for delivery of groceries - or at least curbside pick-up. We did that several times when we were sick and it worked well. And any produce we ordered was pristine! But I will say, the ordering process can be cumbersome and time-consuming. Do you stock your pantry with extra soups, coffee, TP, frozen meals, staples etc so you don't have to go out? We might be eating weird meals, but we have enough food/supplies in the house at all times to keep us for about 2 months and when I shop, I "rotate my stock". You have a lot of scraps! Maybe you should make a few crazy quilts. Best scrap user-upper projects ever!

KATY - you count your chickens and legs the way I would! And getting that one with no legs done first so you can say "1 is done!" is so me! If Barney is getting you up at night, rather than piddling on the floors, I call that progress! Before long he'll be going all night long. Our Scottie HATES brushing, which is why we don't do it enough. It's a "ruff" experience for us all! lol!

JANA - oh, that Baden! He has been hanging out with Lila too much! It's a funny story, but I'm thinking it might be a while before Crenda sees the humor! lol! I see you and I will be meeting on the gridiron next Saturday. 🏈🏈 :twisted: May the bluest, greenest team win!

VELDA - I'm an early riser, too. Around 5 but anytime from 4-on works for me. I feed the howling hoards, grab a cup of coffee, and sip and chat with all you Q-folks. If Bill is up, too, he sits beside me with his coffee and computer chatting with his own forums. It's our routine. 28 bags already?! You sew, girl!
IZZY - sounds like you are re-doing your entire house, bit by bit! I actually thrive on chaos like that - as long as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

TINA B - we used to have a nice guestroom. But I realized we had guests only about 1 or 2 nights a year, if that, but I sew almost every day of the year, so realized the room would be put to much better use as a sewing room. We got rid of the bed in there, but did buy an airbed that we haul out when necessary. It works great!

JUDI - exciting to start your new project and I also think starching is a good idea. I never think of it for myself though. And are you sure those three quilts in your closet are UFO's or could they be termed WIPs instead? Or PIGS? (Projects in Grocery Sacks). And I understand your watching the game on your phone. We once watched an entire Seahawk game on Bill's phone. lol! And we might be doing that again this coming Saturday if we can't get the game on our TV. I also need to sort out my jewelry, though not much is valuable. I already have a few notes in sentimental pieces.

LOIS - sorry about the allergies. I do feel sorry for those who suffer from them. I have none at home in PNW, but down here in Texas it's a different story! They have what they call Cedar Fever - pollen from their juniper trees (which are everywhere! and which they call cedars). Everyone suffers from it, even me. What kind of project do you think you might be in the mood for?

DIANE - you will really be prepared for QOV sew day!

We had a nice last evening with the kids last night. I took my homemade lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and tiramisu cake (NOT homemade!) and left all the leftovers for the kids. Today is Autumn's birthday and Antonio has planned to take her on a surprise picnic someplace special that had to be arranged. I think she will be pleased. It's also my dad's birthday so I know she'll be thinking of him, too, and all the birthdays they shared together when she was young. And to round out the parties of those days, it was also our sheltie, Shamrock's, birthday! The three of them had some good birthday times!

Yesterday I finished the fifth (of nine) 24" block (seal) in my North Stars quilt. Then I packed all my sewing up and put my machine away. Today we'll be doing laundry and getting ready to roll towards Houston tomorrow morning. We'll actually be staying in Tomball, a smaller town north of Houston for two nights. We'll visit Cindy, but probably won't be able to connect with Sue this visit. :cry: From Tomball, our plan is to go into Louisianna for two night just because. . Then start for home on Sunday, route to be determined by weather. We will take about 2 weeks to travel home. We like to take it easy and enjoy the trip, so we slow poke it.

I won't be sewing again for about a month, so please, someone sew something in my stead! Thx!

Mary Z
>^+^<

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:02 am

Good morning!

Rained, not snow all night. Rain is quite noisy, compared to snow! With rain, there's no shoveling either.

We , Daniel that was, shoveled out my Solara so it's off to the shop for new tires and some sensors that need replacing. Kate will use that car to get back and forth to fire school starting in February. It's good to have extra cars here - they are needed quite often.

Just a few uglies to get accomplished, then play time. I will cut out some mug rugs pieces and trace onto fusible parts needed. I found some floating shelves I liked and they will be here Monday. Sarah's cabinets are being delivered today. She's very happy! She finished the laundry room - new paint, cabinets , and flooring. It's all back together. The laundry room is right off the kitchen, with the mudroom area, and butler's pantry, right as you come in from the garage. The butler's pantry is almost done, just waiting on a cabinet that arrives today. Then our handyman will start on the main showpiece.

After dealing with events in life, your perspective definitely changes. It has around here in the last while. But we just keep moving, one foot in front of the other, learning how to deal with new things. I am learning patience. I always had quite a bit, but now need more. I am where God put me. He puts us exactly where we are, and we need to see His hand in all that goes o, daily.. A lesson I am learning, is a simple phrase, but oh so hard to do. I try each day, to let God prevail. He knows so much more than me!

Stay safe and warm!
Hugs,
Jana

patches4

Post by patches4 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:27 am

You are so right Jana
We must step back and let God do his work. This past year for me is evidence it is true. I am saddened that at 73 I see this wish I had seen things clearer so many years ago. Maybe some of miseries would not have happened.
But we live today in the present with the Lord.
Today with daughter going to Dr visit then home to go to church and finish our part of de decorating the church.
I agree with Maryq. my one bedroom would be visited more with my sewing than quests. Bonus this room has big closet so I would have everything handy and not packed away for holidays. Makes sense to me just need to get DH convinced to donate furniture. I am trying to use word SHARE with others be safe one and all,
Blessings,
TinaB
Patches4

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:52 am

Good Morning Girls

Not a drop of sunshine here this morning and kind of foggy. My computer says "polluted air" but I think it's fog that happens when warm air (27*) hits the cold snow!

Izzy.... You are one busy gal!! Do you process all your own meat or do you have to take it to the butcher shop? Do you sell it all off or keep it for your own use. Any thoughts about retiring your teaching duties after this year! I sure don't know how you do it all!

Velda... thanks for the info on the school bags... .maybe after I get a few aprons done I'll try a bag or two. My neighbor Katie has a pile of upholstery samples.. maybe I'll borrow a few from her.

Lois... Oh gosh, if you're looking for a project come one over! I've got fabric and patterns to spare.... We could work on aprons togethers!!!

Diane.... If postage weren't so pricey and I didn't have a zillion things on my plate, I'd tell you to sent ME a kit!

Judi... What a great idea... to put notes with things! I have a Navy Dress Blue Jacket that was my Dad's in my closet from WWII and like white Jacket that Mom wore to Prom in maybe 1941. What do I do with those things? I have my 1st Communion dress and my Mom's first communion dress and My Mom's Wedding Dress!!!

Maryz... SO glad you got to see the kids and feel that baby bump just one more time. Give Cindy big hugs from all of us. I see her post on FB from time to time and saw a picture of her GGS Cannon... He's so BIG! I did do online ordering yesterday and then just did curb pick up... That worked really well, and probably saved me a few $ as I am easily distracted at Target with other fun stuff. I did forget a few things, but can stop at the grocery store in town next time I'm out.

Jana.... Ah yes,.... so true... What's that saying "If God brought you to it, He will get you through it"

Tinab... When I moved to my townhouse, I knew I would have much less space for stuff, especially my sewing stuff. So my son took the doors off the closet in the 2nd bedroom and we put in shelves floor to ceiling! I do so love shelves so I have them on one wall above my cutting table. It's not quite as organized as I'd like it to be... but for now it works!

Chriss.... Is it still raining? I know CA needs rain, but a couple dry days would be great for the driveway right?

Since I don't have to leave the house today (YEAH!) it's a sew aprons day! I think I have all the pockets put together so now I just need to start sewing them down and then put them together. But first MORE COFFEE and some music while I clean up the mess the gremlins left last night! :lol:

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:07 am

Good morning. It's a rainy day today. Not fit for man nor beast. I have to admit, I wish this rain would stop. As much as we can use the water all it's doing now is running into the ocean.

There is a town between my and my parents house called Planada, Ca. It's flooded and being evacuated. There are so many road closures that if I had to evacuate, I am not quite sure which route I would take to get away from the flooding. Most all roads are closed and impassible. Thankfully I am up on a hill.

Maryz, once the water sort of dries up we will be able to use the driveway. I would put in a culvert or a something, maybe RR ties across the span but that all requires permits and inspections and more time than I have. This is a temporary fix. A neighbor put in a 5' culvert, a huge pipe, so the creek could go under her driveway and last night the water was so high it just went over the whole thing. The 5' opening wasn't enough.

Maryq, yep, still raining. A cousin sent me a text this morning. He lives in Arkansas. He asked if I needed a boat, I told him to send an Ark as I am gathering the animals now. Yes, I sure could use a real good dry out period. We are having a warm rain so thankfully no snow here. Even with the water coming down it still is a very beautiful day. So glad the online ordering worked for you. I see people in the grocery store all the time filling orders for people.

Today is my day to vacuum. got sidetracked yesterday with the tractor work, I am blessed to have people willing to work in the rain for me. My sheets are in the dryer and when they are done I will make the bed and be done with laundry for a while.

After all that the only thing left is to purge the spare bedroom, the true junk drawer of this house. And still need to finish up quilting that quilt.

Also just got a call that my sewing machine is ready to be picked up but can't get there from here. Guess I wait.

Hope you all have the best day ever.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to β€œSew ins”