Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday, Jan 9th

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Monday, Jan 9th

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:24 pm

Chriss, I sure hope they fix your drive way today.
If you have an emergency police or fire won't be able to get to you.
They should have repaired the damage when it occurred.
Lori 8-)

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday, Jan 9th

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:03 pm

Good evening. The rain is still coming. Guess I am good at praying, maybe too good.

My driveway looks better but still isn't usable. There was just so much water and nowhere for it to go. We need a good dry out. The pictures and videos of my area that are all over Facebook are just jaw dropping. I now have lots of gravel but because water needs to go someplace, I have gravel on a swamp. when it dries out, I will have a nice driveway.

Lori, if I needed an emergency vehicle I would give them the address next door, formerly grandmas, and cut the wire fence. Had that not been an option I would have mentioned the emergency vehicle issue. It would take at least 20 minutes for an ambulance to get here and about 10 for the firetruck or Sheriff to get here. Thankfully they are keeping the usually seasonal CDF station open year around.

Maryz, hope you had fun with the kids Autumn had a happy birthday. Hope the lasagna was extra yummy. I did get my dusting done, tomorrow I am vacuuming this entire house. I have a load almost ready for the dryer tonight and tomorrow have two more loads to do. Then, after that, it's all about sewing and Medicare classes.

Judi, I'm also thinking of all the stuff I have and what would happen if I died, or what I would do if Jerry died. It's why I am purging too. I never really gave it a second thought before Covid, but Jerry isn't able to do the things he used to do so I have to think about it and have a plan.

Maryq, congratulations on the new great niece. Charlotte is a cute name. Did you order groceries to be delivered? My fear would be that they would give me bad produce or there would be too much fat in the meat. We don't have that service up here. No delivery of food, no fast food, no uber.

Kathy, I will join you in the purging travel group. I'll even drive. MMMM, Tuna fish, maybe that will be something for me to make tomorrow. what do you put in yours? Mine is celery, red onion, boiled eggs, mayo and dill pickle relish. I use pork rinds instead of bread. Glad you made me think of it.

Nothing new here. Jerry made chocolate chip cookies and they are whispering my name. I think I will go have one, so I don't hear the voices anymore.

Hope you all have a good night.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”