Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat, Jan 7th, 2023

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Sat, Jan 7th, 2023

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:11 am

Good morning,

Today my sis and dbil are leaving. It will be a bit lonesome without them. A & A are coming out to our campsite about noon to celebrate her birthday and it will be the last time we see them, too. I think. We are leaving Wed.

CHRISS - sounds like you are getting serious about your cleaning/purging project! It feels good. I'm getting itchy now to do the same thing at my house. And in this trailer! And bummer about the propane truck. Becca used to have that happen on her road now and then, too. At least your propane company is trying to fix the damage they did.

LYN - sorry the DH tagged along on girls' day out. They can be an anchor. Bill always says, "take your time", and sits in the truck. He doesn't hurry me or even have 'attitude', but I still know he's out there, waiting . . . Interesting about those lights you saw. I wonder what they were. Our travel plans were to go south to Weslaco for two more weeks. But that's another 1,000 miles RT, and another $1,000. This winter has been a bit rough on us for a variety of reasons and we are fatigued. We are still talking about going on or going home.

MARY Q - how fun! Your grand-girls want you to teach them how to sew AND crochet? What fun for you all! And Judi's Sophia also wants to learn to sew. I keep hoping Autumn or Lara might want to learn to sew one day. Sigh. But maybe Kumquat will want to learn if I live long enough. You know, you can always go to the Fabric Warehouse and not buy anything . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, no, if you are anything like me (and I think you are) you can't do that.

JANA - you are really getting a lot of snow this year! I hope, after looking around, that Kari is now happier at her old job. And yay for Sarah's kitchen! When we did our kitchen about 10 years ago we were told that the price of granite is determined by where that particular granite comes from - the difficulty in getting it out of the quarry determines the price. We got black with sparklies in it - very pretty - but we 'lose' things in the blackness - like the little cap to the top of my olive oil bottle, even our phones, which are black. I wouldn't get it again.

IZZY - I Googled your Eldon quilt. That is going to be quite a project! If anyone can do it, though, you can. Glad to hear all the quilts made it to Germany intact.

DIANE - so what pattern are you using from El's book? And which book? It will be a fun project for you - something different.

JUDI - I have to say, I don't know what a fringe foot is. I only have about 10 feet to my machine, though I know a lot more are available. I should look in my manual. What kind of machine do you have?

Yesterday we all four went grocery shopping and a couple other errands. That took a few hours. Then, later, while my sis and dbil started packing up their campsite and trailer I cut out my next North Stars block - the seal. We grilled steaks for supper, ate at the picnic table, and had one last game of Mexican Train in the evening and dipped into the cheesecake I bought for Autumn's birthday visit today. :D She'll never miss it. :lol:

After Al & Tina leave, we are off to the grocery store again for quiches and fresh fruit for brunch with the kids. And pumpkin for Scottie as he's had a rough night. Today is my sister-in-law's funeral in North Pole. A hard day for my brother and his family so I'll be thinking of him and them much of the day.

Hope we all get to fondle some fabric today!
mary z
>^+^<

grammiequilts

Re: Sat, Jan 7th, 2023

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:26 am

Good Morning Up dressed and ready for the busy. 3 hockey games and a family party. i will head down to whip up some breakfast and hit the road...all the games are within a 20 minute drive.
Mary it has been a stressful trip for you...with all the deaths and the covid...Safe travels to your sis and Bil..One last visit with the kids...hoping for a few hugs all around ..and a pat on the baby bump. Perhaps Bill will shorten the trip and you can get home soon...I know when we are ready for home WE ARE READY.
Everyone have a marvy day...(chris's words) My word of the day is adventure... some days life is full of it,,,,,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:30 am

MaryZ, safe travels for Tina & AL. I'm sorry I was misunderstood about the Corpus trip. Dorothy's DH wasn't with us. I was noting that when she shops, he usually goes, especially during the winter. They have a big truck and she's a little uncomfortable driving in New areas. But in Missouri, at their home park, she has a car to drive, so she can shop without him.

I need a quick shower. The guys are coming to wash the MH at 7:30 this morning.

Hope everyone has a great weekend ❣️
Lyn

patches4

Post by patches4 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:06 am

Good Morning
Happy Saturday
Happy healthy new year to you all.
I am hoping this year is well for all of us. Glad to be done with 2022.
Well holidays are over, Epiphany is over DD1 has left to go back to Virginia this morning so now to take down Christmas it was a great one all 14 of us together here first time since 2019.
My resolution this year is to say hi more often even if am not accomplishing as much as you do. Hoping to do more sewing so many ideas in my head. Last 8 months dealing with the big C with a couple family members and personal challenges too are now in the past (I hope).
You are all an inspiration to me. Yes I am one of the lurkers who read and don’t respond, sorry, forgive me I will try to visit more often.
Happy day to all,
Hugs
TinaB
Patches4

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:37 am

Good morning!

The sky is lightning up, showing the clouds, with beautiful reds. It will be a busy day for the kids. They are helping each other, with moving cabinets and dump runs. Me, I'm just hanging out here at my house.

So not much new here. My new ruler arrived yesterday, the one that makes easy circles. Looking forward to play with it.

Sarah did find her new counter top. Not granite, but soapstone, which was what she always wanted. It's a blue gray with white and teal veins. She had been thinking of a black sink, yuck in my opinion, but that now changed to he a white farmers sink, much better! The soapstone slab is coming from Seattle area this week and she'll check it again for color and then they will fabricate it to fit.

Stay safe and warm! It's the weekend, fun stuff only allowed!

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:55 am

Good Saturday Morning. Today is first Saturday of the month, so fabric sale at my small country quilt and craft store. I need more whit on white fabric, so I will have plenty on hand for Lotto blocks. The piece of I bought recently was much thinner than I realized. I will be more selective and fussy when choose a fabric today.
I got another pair of Christopher Banks jeans at thrift store. Brand new, never been worn? Can't believe this happens. That brand fits me so well, true to size!. I had to cut about 3" off and re-hem. I also found a pair of jeans, cut below the knee, ( Capri or pedal pushers)? Not sure what they are actually called. These were Gloria Vanderbilt and also brand new. I felt so lucky. Then I also found a dressy looking sweat shirt material snap cardigan with snap closers. O m g! That also still had the store tag still attached inside the neck area. That will be really nice to wear for layer look in winter and I can use like a jacket for cool evenings the rest of the year.
It's fun to shop thrift stores to find treasures like this.
Well better get ready to go find some fabric bargains.
Have a great weekend. Patches(Tina) nice to see you post. Come back often.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:33 am

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
Finally xmas tree is in basement almost everything is put away. HAPPY DANCE!!!!!! Usually I am sad to take down tree. Not this year. I am tickled pink. New day Now I can get started on new projects. Well maybe. I want to get my chickens done. When I do you will see a big Cocka doodle do. I did mark where all the sashing pieces go. You will have to look at pattern to understand what I am talking about.
Barney now recognizes when I say outside and leash . Not bad for a 5 month old. I do not have to get up during night unless I do not take him out at bedtime. And the 2 hour rediment during day seems to be working.
Today I am fixing Greenbeans ham and bacon. I froze the gbs last summer out of my garden. I am planning on planting a lot more this summer. Yep I am planning gardens already. :lol:
Then hope I can work on chicken legs. The instructions are not real clear.
Velda Wish I was there . We have a few quilt shops close, I could use some White on white.
Patches I was wondering where you were. Glad to see you back . I too have made a commitment to be on here more.
Maryz It sounds like you are keeping busy. Have a great time with A and A. And enjoy the cheesecake .
Judi That sounds like the perfect word for my February choice. I will turn 74 on groundhogs day and I think I need some adventure. What do you think?
I got word this morning and old friend and mother of one of sisters friends passed away. She was a hairdresser and a very nice person. But she has been very ill for quite awhile.
Well I am off to cook my beans and have a drink of something

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:46 am

Good Morning Girls

BRRR... It's a beautiful sunny winter day.... but oh man it's COLD 1 BELOW! Guess I will need to really bundle up when I go out today... Yes I am getting out of the house... Nolan has a hockey game and I want to be a nice Nana, like Judi and go watch his game!

Maryz.... Are you heading further south? Or heading home? I suppose if you have your rez for Weslaco you might as well go. Just keep a lookout for gray haired old man and his goofy wife! :lol: :lol: And if you see them, run the other direction! :lol: When Tom takes us shopping to quilt stores, he brings a book along and reads while we shop. I swear I've never met a more patient man in my life. Once... only once I went to the fabric warehouse came out with only 1/2 yard of one fabric... I must have been sick!

Judi.... Hope all your hockey teams win today!!! Nice that they are close and you are not traveling all over the state!

Lyn.... Do you have to hire folks to come wash the MH? I'm thinking probably because you and Garry can't climb all over to do it! I sure couldn't! :lol: Are there companies that do that? Did you find any fun fabric in Corpus?

Tinab.... For sure come back often... this is the place to come when you need your spirits lifted, your mo-jo renewed and for a laugh or two to lighten your heart!

Had a fun day with the girls yesterday... They did pretty well learning to crochet. I sent them home with some yarn and a hook and instructions to keep practicing! After they went I did a little work on my aprons. Katie, my neighbor, makes things like bowl cozies and towels etc and sells them at a consignment store. The owner asked is she knew anybody that crochet---she needs somebody that can make those cotton dish cloths. She showed me pictures and they are actually knit ones so I started stitching one last night. When I go out today I'm thinking I'll pick up some cotton yarn and knit a few and see if the owner likes them. Not that I'd make any $$ from them, but what the heck... I knit at night anyway.. might as well give it a try!

Time for my shower... will putts around here a bit and work on the aprons. Looks like I've cut out 25, which means 100 pockets to put together. Lining them is so much easier than try to fold and iron down a curve edge! :lol:

Wishing you all a great day!

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:54 am

Good day to everyone. I read early this morning and then got up for coffee and forgot to come back. The pattern for DD, Dawn, is from El's book Tennessee Waltz on page 6. She chose this one and picked the fabric. I have Joan and Jims quilt first to finish to go to the LAer. Then borders to fit QOV size on a 2nd chance top. Then Dawns and I hope she likes it when done.

I hope everyone is having a sew day for awhile today.
Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:32 am

Good morning. In spite of all that is happening it's going to be a marvelous day. I refuse to give in to my goings on. We are supposed to get a deluge of rain in the next couple of days.

The last few days have been frustrating. The propane delivery truck got stuck at the bottom of my driveway and tore it up. He then decided to try again in the afternoon and again got stuck tearing up my driveway even more. Because of the standing water even a tractor couldn't help. So, on Monday I have a load of gravel coming and with more tractor work am hoping that will help.

The propane company told me I had 28% in my tank and that should last three weeks. something is also wrong with my heater. I can't call anyone to come help fix it because my driveway isn't usable.

Here I sit, can't go anywhere because my driveway can't be used, and I have no heat. But, on the bright side, because there is always a bright side, I have electricity and I have a space heater. Can't cook because I don't want to use propane if I don't have it to use because I don't want to get air in the lines. But bright side again, I have lots of things to eat in the fridge and I can always nuke something.

And let's face it, if I do get too cold, I can move my body and warm up. The spare bedroom could always use a good purging.

This all got me to thinking. If I were alone this house would be way too much for me to upkeep. I am seriously considering selling and moving into the senior mobile home park in town. I have a lot of decisions to make in the very near future. I kind of think God is pushing me towards the mobile home park, there are two places available there now, I was hoping for a bigger selection, but will weigh my options soon.

Anyway, enough boo hooing. I really have nothing to complain about, I have all my needs met and am doing well.

My plan for the day is to at least dust the living and dining room and perhaps start on the spare bedroom. There is a lot that needs to be gone through and that bedroom alone would be a weeklong task in my opinion. Other things on my to do list, sewing and medicare counseling updates. I also, yay me, have gotten back to my goal weight and am thrilled.

You girls have a marvelously wonderful day, always look for the bright side.

Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”